Quick Review of Garrity’s Gunleather Triskel Holster

This is a discussion on Quick Review of Garrity’s Gunleather Triskel Holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; This is a quick review of Garrity’s Gunleather Triskel holster ( Garrity's Gunleather - IWB Holsters ) My daily carry pistol is the M&P 9mm ...

Thread: Quick Review of Garrity’s Gunleather Triskel Holster

Quick Review of Garrity’s Gunleather Triskel Holster

This is a quick review of Garrity’s Gunleather Triskel holster (Garrity's Gunleather - IWB Holsters)

My daily carry pistol is the M&P 9mm compact. I have been carrying using Comp-Tac’s MTAC (Inside Waistband Holsters - Minotaur Holsters - products new home - Minotaur MTAC Holster) which I found to be comfortable, but it added a lot of ‘bulk’ to an otherwise a small gun… which somewhat defeated the purpose of choosing that particular gun to begin with.

Several weeks ago I e-mailed Mark, the proprietor of Garrity’s Gunleather, with a few questions. As luck would have it, he is local to the Phoenix area (where I live) and we met so I could place my order face-to-face.

Mark is a very nice person and very accommodating. He asked me several questions about my carrying habits, and apparently listened very well to what I said. He was even willing to make some minor changes to address my particular preferences.

I received the new holster yesterday, and it looks absolutely beautiful. I am not attaching a picture because the pictures on his website are true-to-form. I have worn it all day yesterday and today and I found it to be well made, with excellent retention, easy to re-holster, and very comfortable. Above all, what I cared about the most, it did not add unnecessary bulk to my carry set-up and was still very comfortable.

Since the clips can be configured three different ways, I would recommend this holster to anyone carrying OWB, IWB – tackable or otherwise.
    ------------------------------>
    Shoot Straight

2. Remove Ads

Munch,

Like the header says (), I went with the Triskel.

The option I asked for and received was a closed/stitched bottom. I hate it when I get lint in the barrel which happens when you carry IWB.
    Shoot Straight

So is he still taking eight or nine months to complete a quoted "three or four months" order?

His work is impeccable, but his business practices leave a lot to be desired.

Biker

Just curious since it's hard to tell without side by side comparisons but you said the MTAC was too big, it looks as though this would be very similar size wise.

Just wondering:) Looks like some nice leather:)

Luke
    I am the owner/proprietor of www.adamsholsters.com Custom holsters made for you. To contact me please use E-mail rather than Private Messages, luke@adamsholsters.com

Biker: No, it took less than three weeks. If Mark took longer with anybody there must have been a very good reason for that, in my opinion. It is not my place to discuss the little that I know about Mark, but let me just say that Mark's "other" job requires him on occasion to work around the clock for the benefit and security of the rest of us... he is one of the good guys out there -- maybe that was the reason for the delay you are aware of.

Luke213: Yes, they are about the same size. However, becuase Garrity's is all leather it is somewhat flexible and conforms to the shape of the body. The MTAC has a lot of "meat" which I think is there to make it work well with (attach to) the kydex part. Not to mention that the kydex itself (and I have several kydex and kydex-leather holsters) makes the entire holster stiff.

Update: Today was a third day of carrying all day long with the new holster. My family and I spent the entire day walking around at a community fair, shopping and such. I carried at 3 o'clock -- which I never do becuase the MTAC made it too obvious (usually carry at 5 o'clock or SOB). I asked my wife and my son to 'guess' what position I carried and neither one could tell. It was extremely comfortable!
    Shoot Straight

Links