Got my maxcon v today best way to break in?

This is a discussion on Got my maxcon v today best way to break in? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I got my maxcon v today and its great but I need to know the best way to break it in? The directions said to ...

Thread: Got my maxcon v today best way to break in?

Got my maxcon v today best way to break in?

I got my maxcon v today and its great but I need to know the best way to break it in? The directions said to wrap the gu is a layer of way paper but I don't have any would a plastic bag do? Also how long should I leave the gun in the holster for like this? Or will simply leaving the gun in the holster without anything break it in just as well? thanks

2. Remove Ads

Well, the plastic bag trick will work but not nearly as well as wax paper. As Gary explained it to me, the wax paper leaves a small amount of residue behind and acts as a very mild lube.

When I first got my Presentation Grade MCV I holstered my gun right away and had to resort to lots of cursing and a bench vise to pull the holster off the gun - entirely my fault (unless I can figure out a way to blame Bud). Once I got it loose I noticed we were out of wax paper too but we did have several rolls of freezer paper - I used that wax side out and wrapped the gun in two layers. It sat overnight for about 4 to 6 hours and in the morning it was broken in enough to wear after a few dozen practice draws. One word of caution: Freezer paper is thicker than wax paper and, apparently, more abrasive. I ended up with a small spot on the slide where the parkerizing was rubbed off - again, entirely my fault. I wasn't overly concerned as this is an edc SA Mil-Spec and not a beauty queen by any means ... I intend for it to be used and used hard. If your finish is less than durable, I'd wait until I could get some wax paper and break it in with that.
    Jack

I have 3 of them and sized them using the wax paper technique and broke them by putting them on my belt and using them. These holsters don't raelly need breaking in, they are good to go on receipt. I left my guns in the holsters overnight. If they are still too tight, use a second layer of wax paper and repeat. CAUTION, do not overdo it, it is VERY difficult to un-stretch them.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence in their behalf. - George Orwell

I also didn't have wax paper so I used a nylon for mine. It sounds weird/funny but it works I tell ya. My gun in my P.G. MC-V fits perfect! in fact, if putting the gun in slowly (1911) in the holster it will "seat" itself.

The reason I went with the nylon is it is easy to pull the gun back out after sitting. It really didn't take that much to make it right to be honest.

Ti.
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

I vote for Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President.....Not!

Milt Sparks leather lightning.Your holster will be ready in less than a minute.
    Have Fun and Shoot Straight !!

Links