Anyone carry a Ruger GP100 4"?

This is a discussion on Anyone carry a Ruger GP100 4"? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have a 4" GP100 that I carry in a Simply Rugged pancake when deer hunting. Works great for me, highly recommended for OWB carry. ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone carry a Ruger GP100 4"?

I have a 4" GP100 that I carry in a Simply Rugged pancake when deer hunting. Works great for me, highly recommended for OWB carry.

I forgot I had it one one night in the deer camp and almost dropped the gun and holster on my foot when changing out of my hunting clothes. pretty impressive comfort for a 45+ oz loaded gun.
    "We have every right to dream heroic dreams" - Ronald Reagen, 1st inaugural Address

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Rexster's Avatar
    I carried the larger N-frame, and my 4" GP100, in rigs that are no longer made, but carry a similar 4" Speed Six in a Milt Sparks PMK. Of course, Milt Sparks has a l-o-n-g waiting period, right at six months.

Rob Leahy, of Simplyrugged.com, delivers much quicker, is modestly priced, and is a gentleman of the highest order. I have corresponded with him regarding several things unrelated to ordering a holster, people known to be have been pleased with his work, and it is almost certain I will eventually order one of his rigs.

Oh, and just to be clear, Milt Sparks does not make a rig for the Speed Six; my individual Speed Six just happens to fit into this individual K-frame-sized Sparks PMK. I recently received a PM regarding this issue, so I figured it best to add this disclaimer. A Security Six or GP100 will not fit a K-framed-sized Sparks rig.

I have a 6 inch GP 100 and have never even considered carrying it. It's my house cannon. I'll check out simplyrugged.
    Healthy children will not fear life, if their parents have integrity enough not to fear death.
    -TIME DEUM ET OPERARE IUSTITIAM--

Anyone have pictures of their simply rugged holster with the GP100.

Does the Simply Rugged Pancake holster push the adjustable sites down on the GP100?

The holster I have for it was made by a now defunct company that used to be a member here. It was great for the price and made wearing the heavy 4" revolver a breeze, but it pushes the adjustable site down and I have noticed the little screw has turned some from time to time (of course depending on what I'm doing while wearing it).

I am very pleased with the Simply Rugged I purchased for the SP101 and was debating getting another one for the GP.

Thanks for any info.

I just ordered a Sideguard for a GP100 4" and it was I believe $70, so well under $100. I have several Sideguard holsters and they are very well made and comfortable.
    NRA, GOA, GRNC member
    "Both the oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of arms."
    - Aristotle

Great price and I have only heard great things about Sideguard.

So, does it look like it will push the site down or clear it?

Anyone carry a Ruger GP100 4"?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyone carry a Ruger GP100 4" concealed IWB or OWB?
    I use a FIST #14 for my 4" GP100 when I feel like carrying it concealed. The #14 allows either IWB or OWB carry and I usually opt for the OWB. Mostly though the GP100 is just carried afield and I use a Bianchi Cyclone for that purpose when concealment isn't needed. The Cyclone does have a retention strap.

I carry my GP100 in the field when hunting. I have an El Paso Saddlery OWB holster with thumb break for it.

Quote Originally Posted by zero View Post
    Great price and I have only heard great things about Sideguard.

So, does it look like it will push the site down or clear it?
    I don't actually have it yet, but you could email Erik via the site and ask some ?.
    NRA, GOA, GRNC member
    "Both the oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of arms."
    - Aristotle

Quote Originally Posted by purpledragon View Post
    I don't actually have it yet, but you could email Erik via the site and ask some ?.
    Cool. Yeah I'm going to have to contact the maker to assure this doesnt happen with a new holster again.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links