Holster for SP 101, 2 1/4"

This is a discussion on Holster for SP 101, 2 1/4" within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Sure would like some advice about a OWB holster for a recently purchased ruger SP 101 with a 2 1/4" barrel. Thanks...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Holster for SP 101, 2 1/4"

Holster for SP 101, 2 1/4"

Sure would like some advice about a OWB holster for a recently purchased ruger SP 101 with a 2 1/4" barrel.

Thanks
    "We have a decision to make; Either get busy living or get busy dying."

2. Remove Ads

Side Guard Holsters - Home Page

I have four. Great ! 5 stars.
    "Improvise, adapt, overcome."

I have a Ruger SP101 2.25" .357 Magnum that I love. I use a Milt Sparks PMK as a holster for it.

Milt Sparks Holsters

Luke
    "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."
    John 3:16

NRA Life Member

Try Fist or Tucker.

VIP Member
    I've had very good experience with the Kramer MSP with this exact model of pistol. Fairly expensive, but an excellent OWB for a revolver.
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Most holsters that fit S&W mod 60 fit SP101. Call the holster manufacturer.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

Distinguished Member Array Gideon's Avatar
    Three recommendations. And be sure that whatever holster you buy, you buy for your gun, not one that can fit a mdl 60.

First, try HBE leatherworks. Top quality, reasonable lead time, makes a belt holster that is simply outstanding. I think they're as good as the top names but without the extra high cost,

Next I would consider something from UBG holsters. I don't think his quality is on par with HBE but it's almost there and I think his holsters are some of the best values in holsters out there.

I'd also recommend you look at AJ Concealco's offerings. Very reasonably prices and good lead times.

I would avoid Galco. They're well made but always seem heavy and thick to me which isn't something you want in a CCW holster.

Good luck and welcome to the world of the holster box :)

Gideon

+1 on UBG holsters. Nate makes some great stuff and really dosent get the recognition he deserves. I have a YTBN iwb w forward cant and I love it. Worksmanship is excellent.

Chep
    Dont mistake Kindness for Weakness!!!
    Kimber Ultra Carry II
    Kel-Tec PF-9
    Ruger SP 101 2 1/4" 357 mag

I use a High Noon Split Decision theat works great. I also use a Smartcarry for deep concealment.

Quote Originally Posted by Gideon View Post
    Three recommendations. And be sure that whatever holster you buy, you buy for your gun, not one that can fit a mdl 60.

Gideon
    I know the HBE Mod 60 fits the SP 101. Can't speak about the others. The SP 101 and LCR seem designed to fit mod 60 holsters. I have never had a problem with interchageability. If you have, let me know which holster manufacturer so I can have that info. Thanks.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

Distinguished Member Array Gunnutty's Avatar
    Another recommendation for Sideguard holsters. Have two being made. Looking forward to getting them.
    We will be much better off when we learn to deal with things as they really are, instead of how we wish them to be!

VIP Member
    Galco and Desantis are decent off the shelf holsters that will get you by while you wait for your custom holster...
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

I ordered a raven phantom for mine.

This is it... FIST, INC. ...the Fist #12 Basic. I have always used IWB holster until I tried this OWB for my Glock-36. It holds the firearm as tight against my body as any IWB. Absolutely a great holster.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by chapperjoe View Post
    I ordered a raven phantom for mine.
    I was wondering if you found out anything, as to the barrel length for that phantom holster. I was just on their site and found where it said it made one for a Ruger SP-101, but doesn't have a option for barrel length (that I could find). Since the SP-101 comes with different barrel lenths. How did you order the one you wanted?
    Chinese Proverb:
    "When someone shares something of value with you and you benefit from it, you have a moral obligation to share it with others."
    VCDL member (DE.357;Ruger 4" GP-100 .357;Ruger 2.2" SP-101 cc hammer .357;BT .380cc.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links