IWB holsters for Glock 19 w/attached surefire?

This is a discussion on IWB holsters for Glock 19 w/attached surefire? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Anyone here have any experience using IWB holsters for a Glock 19 w/attached surefire? I saw that Bladetech makes a kydex one, but I have ...

Thread: IWB holsters for Glock 19 w/attached surefire?

Question IWB holsters for Glock 19 w/attached surefire?

Anyone here have any experience using IWB holsters for a Glock 19 w/attached surefire? I saw that Bladetech makes a kydex one, but I have not been able to find a leather one made by a custom maker.
    Thanks, Bill,

2. Remove Ads

Bill,
    Just curious, have you tried putting your (unloaded) Surefire equipped G19 in your pants? The short answer is it's very bulky without a holster, and the holster only adds additional bulk.

On any light-mounted pistol holster, the mouth of the holster around the trigger-guard area has to be left wide open enough to clear the light and almost cylindrical. This makes the holster wide in an area that is normally thin and tightly molded. There is much added bulk since the light is wider than the pistol. Also, most light-mounted holsters are thumb-break versions. Retention in an open-topped holster is generally accomplished by three things : detail-molded indentations in the trigger-guard, detail-molded indentations in the ejection port, and stitching closely conforming to the shape of the pistol. With a light-mounted pistol, you're loosing one if not two retention points - the trigger-guard molding and the close stitching.
    I have designed a paddle holster for light-equipped pistols which is opened in the rear and leaves the light exposed and completely uncovered by leather (to reduce bulk and allow the use of any light with the same pistol). It has both a thumb-break and a wrap-around strap around and covering the trigger-guard. I cannot adapt it to IWB however as it requires a slight rearward draw to free it from the holster.
    Printing can also be an issue. The lower rear corner of the frame below the muzzle and forward of the trigger-guard is not usually an area of paramount concern when trying to conceal unless the holster is on a steep muzzle rear cant or the pistol is unusually long. However, with a light mounted, this negative space is now filled by a rather bulky cylindrical form which can create a bulge under clothing.
    Just my 2 cents and some considerations.
    "He who makes things with his hands is a laborer, he who makes things with his hands and his head is a craftsman, he who makes things with his hands, his head, and his heart is an artist."
    www.garritysgunleather.com

You could always say you have a rare, humongous tumor and people would probably leave you alone. I would imagine the comfort level to be similar anyway.
    Guns don't kill people; People with mustaches kill people.

I don't think ya would want to go with a holster with tac light attached just one more thing to snag on in a IWB

Links