Kimber 3" Crimson Carry Holster

This is a discussion on Kimber 3" Crimson Carry Holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Looking for a good holster for my Kimber. I like the leather holsters but I don't trust the weapon to stay put. If I go ...

Thread: Kimber 3" Crimson Carry Holster

Looking for a good holster for my Kimber. I like the leather holsters but I don't trust the weapon to stay put. If I go ridin I would rather not have my nice new Kimber bouncing down the Highway. I was looking at Blackhawks but can't find anything giving info on them having a holster for a 3". Any help be greatly appreciated. would love a leather holster to be honest but nothing has shown me they will hold the gun secure through any movement. may sound drastic but if I did a hand stand that gun shouldn't fall out.

Ignorance can be cured. Stupid is forever.

Welcome...

from Central Florida!

A well-made, quality boned holster is going to give you all the security you need to keep the firearm in place, or you could have a 'thumb break' added to almost any holster...and/or a well-placed retention screw.
    I fell down a set of bleachers at a rodeo once and the gun stayed put...no thumb break or retention screw, just a well-boned holster.

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

+1 on the Pure Kustom. Unmatched craftsmanship and that gun is not going ANYWHERE while inside one of those holsters. It almost feels like putting your firearm into a kydex locking holster, thats how good the retention is. Its easy to draw, easy to reholster, but unless YOU want that gun to move, it wont.

Check it out, Pure Kustom

Quality leather holsters made by quality holster makers will meet your needs. I ride a motorcycle myself and have never been concerned about retention during any vigorous activities including running and tusseling with bag guys.
    Randy

Thanks guys. all I have visually avail. to me are blackhawk and fobus. I used to have a P99 and tried out a fobus that the store recommmended... the retention was to much that when I drew it the holster came off with the gun, kinda scary. so rather stay away from that. as for the leathers I want my gun to look good and work well. I'll be checking out some of those holsters you suggested. thanks again. Oh and is there a breakin period for the leather holsters or is it just rdy to go? new to actual carry, I used to keep it in my car but I'd like more options. Oh by the way and I'm trying to stay reasonable priced. that Kimber sapped me dry for a while. =)

Senior Member Array Pure Kustom's Avatar
    If it's ready to go, it is a Big No!!!!. Ready to go means it's loose right out of the box.

Quality holsters need to be broken in, Just like a great pair of shoes.

Thanks guys for the recomendations.
    Best Regards
    Rocky

For a Kimber Ultra Carry Most leather holsters would require very little break in.

I like the Pure Custom holster I really do. No offence to PK but 140 is rather pricy for me right now considering my purchase. I was hoping for something like 70 or less. My store does carry the Glaco holsters which was nice but like to shop around for prices as well. thanks for info.

Quote Originally Posted by Acacia View Post
    I like the Pure Custom holster I really do. No offence to PK but 140 is rather pricy for me right now considering my purchase. I was hoping for something like 70 or less. My store does carry the Glaco holsters which was nice but like to shop around for prices as well. thanks for info.
    You get a 2 in 1 holster. IWB / OWB that works & looks awesome.

The Pure Kustom holster is two holsters in one. So if you look at it like that, its rather cheap. My advice is to talk to Rocky, save up some dough, and get you a Pure Kustom. If you spend $70 on a holster, eventually you will throw that holster in a box and never use it again. Take that $70, add a few more bucks, get something that you will enjoy, use for every occasion, looks good, functions better than anything else, and is not a waste of money. Call Rocky up (his number is on his site), and just talk to him.

+1 on the Pure Kustom. My hands were TIRED OUT while getting my black ops pro broken in. For a Kimber Pro Carry by the way.

well looks like i've been yelled at enough =P thanks all. i probably will save up for the PK cause well its nice. i don't really care fo IWB but like u said 2 for 1. thanks again for all the info.

Silent Thunder.

I just purchased the Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro for my Kimber Ultra CDP II and let me tell you... It wont fall out! I'm still in the process of breaking mine in, just arrived yesterday afternoon. I'm partial to the OWB but was hoping to go IWB with this smaller gun. So far still haven't found the sweet spot but as far as OWB it is great.

I too have the Galco OWB and contrary to what others will tell you it has served me great for an OWB for my Commander size 1911's. I don't remember the Galco being as tight as the PK but then again it isn't broken in yet.

The main selling point for me on the PK holster was being able to go between IWB and OWB. Knowing I would be able to wear it OWB if I couldn't get a good fit IWB meant it was worth more than a regular holster and the quality is superb!

Good luck in your decision.

Sponsored Links