Paddle Holster for Sig P228

This is a discussion on Paddle Holster for Sig P228 within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am looking for a good paddle holster for my Sig P228. It is going to be my BOB gun for now. I know that ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Paddle Holster for Sig P228

I am looking for a good paddle holster for my Sig P228. It is going to be my BOB gun for now. I know that paddle holsters are not the apex of conecealment, but I want fast on and off. My theory is if I have to need it from my BOB I wont worry about concealment as much. Besides, a Padlle will do the job if I do mine. I want something with some retention. Either leather with a thumb break or kydex. I have looked at the SERPA would like to have it in Tan, and have also looked at the Blade-Tech Line. They are available in Tan and Dark Earth. Not quite sure the difference. having a hard time finding a tan SERPA to fit it. i want quality and will spend a little money to get it. I want good gear in my pack. Let the suggestions fly.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Is your P228 a non-rail? If so, I've got an OWB Blade-Tech kydex for a P229 (it should fit) I'd part with that also has a Tek-Loc device.
    Last edited by Blue Jacket; February 15th, 2010 at 03:02 PM. Reason: additional info
    May we never forget those in uniform who protect us night and day in lands far away. And those in all wars who paid the supreme sacrifice in defense of our country. May God Bless our Troops and First Responders.

I have this paddle holster by Blade-Tech and give it the highest of marks. Really holds my CZ sp-01 clost to my body. Safe, secure, and easy on and off.
    GOOD SHOOTING
    ALWAYS PROTECT YOUR VISION AND HEARING
    De gustibus non est disputandem

CompTac makes a great paddle holster. In my opinion they are a better made holster that the Serpa's as they are formed from a single piece of kydex. Unfortunately, they only come in black and RED. Not sure what's up with the red.

Member: GeorgiaCarry.Org

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jwhite75 View Post
    I am looking for a good paddle holster for my Sig P228. It is going to be my BOB gun for now. I know that paddle holsters are not the apex of conecealment, but I want fast on and off. My theory is if I have to need it from my BOB I wont worry about concealment as much. Besides, a Padlle will do the job if I do mine. I want something with some retention. Either leather with a thumb break or kydex. I have looked at the SERPA would like to have it in Tan, and have also looked at the Blade-Tech Line. They are available in Tan and Dark Earth. Not quite sure the difference. having a hard time finding a tan SERPA to fit it. i want quality and will spend a little money to get it. I want good gear in my pack. Let the suggestions fly.
    I don't mean to bust your chops, but if this is for your BOB, what difference does the color make? Like you said, if you need it, you won't be concerned about concealment. More than likely, you won't be concerned about it clashing with the rest of your gear either.

SERPA and Blade-Tech are both good options no matter what the color.

Good luck in your search.
    If you have never broken your gun or bled on your gun in training, you're doing it wrong!
    Train hard, live easy.

I wanted a paddle holster for my Glock-36 and took a stab at this one... FIST, INC.
    It was expensive, but I was already aware of Fist's quality. I was not disappointed...rides close, easy on/off, and one-handed reholster. The top picture (right side) looks exactly like my holster, Glock and all).
    The holster will NOT come out with the draw.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by RoadRunner71 View Post
    I don't mean to bust your chops, but if this is for your BOB, what difference does the color make? Like you said, if you need it, you won't be concerned about concealment. More than likely, you won't be concerned about it clashing with the rest of your gear either.

SERPA and Blade-Tech are both good options no matter what the color.

Good luck in your search.
    The Color is not essential....just a "want" for something different I guess. Not a deal breaker. I have looked at the Comp-tac and Blade-tech, I already have the Blade-tech for my Glock 23. Just wondered about any thing any body could tell me abou the different stuff that they have seen or their expereinces.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Quote Originally Posted by dam294 View Post
    CompTac makes a great paddle holster. In my opinion they are a better made holster that the Serpa's as they are formed from a single piece of kydex. Unfortunately, they only come in black and RED. Not sure what's up with the red.
    I think the RED is RANGE RED...which is quickly becoming a universal color for range instructors/officers while on the range. Kind of like a Safety Orange.

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    I wanted a paddle holster for my Glock-36 and took a stab at this one... FIST, INC.
    It was expensive, but I was already aware of Fist's quality. I was not disappointed...rides close, easy on/off, and one-handed reholster. The top picture (right side) looks exactly like my holster, Glock and all).
    The holster will NOT come out with the draw.
    I have looked at the Fist before...They are woderful quality. I just cant spend that much money for something that will get minimal use. LOL Thanks for the suggestion though.

All the 228 fans here and no recommendations for paddle holsters?

Distinguished Member Array fed_wif_a_sig's Avatar
    I can recomend two because I've used both and love them. One is the Blackhawk SERPA and it works flawlessly and is fast and VERY secure. The 2nd is the one that was first issued to us and its the Safariland 5181 and it is fast and adjustable in tension and conceals better than the Blackhawk. Both are very good.
    Steve
    "Respect all ... Fear none!!!

kpw
    Comp-Tac Settable Cant with paddle option. JSHolsters also makes a very nice paddle.
    "In a republic this rule ought to be observed: that the majority should not have the predominant power." -
    -- Marcus Tullius Cicero

I was able to find the Serpa in Tan...at US Cav. Dont ask why I want Tan so bad...I just do. Something different than all of the black and such I have. I forgot JS, I already have a nice Safariland...may have to look there too. Blade-tech also offers their paddle in tan.

Distinguished Member Array C9H13NO3's Avatar
    I really like my SERPA. I used it for open carry when I was visiting my parents in WA, and was more comfortable that way than with my normal CC holsters because of the added retention. Now I use it as a range holster occasionally, and also use it for OWB carry when hunting. I use it with a P229, so pretty much the same.
    -Ryan

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

VIP Member
    I'm a little torn on this. I very strongly dislike OWB kydex. I've gone into here in the past and won't rehash it now, but I don't want to recommend any now, yet for BOB use, leather seems a little expensive.

That said, I have the Galco PLE250B and love it.
    "The only people I like besides my wife and children are Marines."
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links