Maxpedition Jumbo Versipack EDC

This is a discussion on Maxpedition Jumbo Versipack EDC within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Who has used the Maxpedition Jumbo Versipack EDC and what do you think about it?...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Who has used the Maxpedition Jumbo Versipack EDC and what do you think about it?
    Christian/Father/Husband/American/NRA Benefactor Life Member/GOA Life Member/USAF NCO/Operations; Provide Comfort/Northern Watch/Southern Watch/Enduring Freedom/Iraqi Freedom/TBD....

Never used one.

Would be willing to try it out.
    NOT LIVING IN FEAR, JUST READY!!!
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness,
    nor the arrow for its swiftness,
    nor the warrior for his glory.
    I love only that which they defend.
    -J.R.R. Tolkien

Had my right hip replaced in 2004 and could not carry a gun there for some time. I discovered the Jumbo and adopted it not only as my method of CCW carry but also for the ton of junk that became necessary for me to pack around because of the hip.

So here it is 2010 and the hip is healed so I can carry anything I want and do. However, while I carry my CCW on the body I still pack the Jumbo around as my EDC and it is really terrific. It is particularly well made and carries anything I want. I give it the highest of personal reccomendations.
    GOOD SHOOTING
    ALWAYS PROTECT YOUR VISION AND HEARING
    De gustibus non est disputandem

I bought one last year and love it. Since I often wear a suit, it's not my EDC rig, but I use it a lot and it doubles as a man-purse for trips into the city or on an outing. I can also hang it over my passenger car seat for a "travel holster".

It was worth every penny I paid for it. Good construction, enough tacticool to be manly, and a ccw compartment to boot!

Also, the company was quick to get me my add-ons including the universal holster and mag carriers. It holds either my P226 or my Kimber with ease and provides ready access.

Buy one. You'll be pleased.
    Last edited by MadMac; February 16th, 2010 at 02:22 PM.

I have one and really like it. Wife got one for me because I kept handing her stuff to keep in her purse. It stayed in my closet for sometime before I had the courage to wear it in public. Now it goes with me most everyplace I go. Keep electronics, sunglasses, tools and such in it. There is a section you could put in a handgun, though I'd be hard pressed to keep a gun in something that can be snatched.

I also have one of the smaller Maxpeditions, a Thermite, I think is called, that I use to keep my stuff in when I go out hunting with the muzzleloader. It has strap for your leg that keeps it from janglin when you have to run.

Guy at the range has one...very nice. It was little bigger than I wanted, but they also make the smaller Fatboy.

The main reason I went with Push Pack over Maxped was minor...the material of the PP was not as stiff as the Maxped....and easier to get a gun out of the gun compartment faster. The acquaintence at the range agreed it was a minor drawback.
    Fortune favors the bold.

Freedom doesn't mean safe, it means free.

The thing about "defense" is that it has practically nothing to do with guns. (As passed on by CCW9MM)

I have the FAT BOY,gets used everyday to and from work has my pistol and other essentials.I have had it over a year now,great product would buy again!!
    Always be alert and aware!!!

I have the Fat Boy. Use it to keep up with all my junk. I carry a glock 27 in mine. Bought the holster that velcroes inside the main compartment.

I have handled a lot of Maxpedition stuff...and all of it is first rate. Very nice stuff. You will not be unhapppy.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

I bough one as my EDC bag although I carry my primary gun on me. When my wife, daughter and I know we are going to be out for th eday I carry my main EDC gun and I put a backup in the Versipack. That way if we seperate any time during the day I leave the Versipack with my wife so she will have a gun.

My wife will carry if she is on the road traveling by herself but doesn't want to carry on her person when she is with me. She says that is what I am for (I'm not going to argue with her because at least she supports carrying and went and got her own permit).

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Here are pics of mine

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

+!1 on the Maxpedition stuff! I carry the Fatboy all the time with EDC things and room to spare. I found a site-campsmarter.com that has really good prices. Wish I'd know about them sooner.
    "Good decisions come from experience;
    experience comes from bad decisions"

I love my Versipack Jumbo. Great bag, that is well laid out. A very useful piece of equipment that will probably get used more than you think it will.

Definitely a big +1!

I have not handled the actual "EDC" model, but I would imagine much of the same thoughtfulnes and quality.
    I thoroughly disapprove of duels.
    If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand
    and lead him to a quiet place and kill him.
    -Mark Twain

+1 on the Fat Boy here

Maybe it's just me, but it seems a bit bulky for a CC rig...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links