GLOCK 23 middle of the back holster?

This is a discussion on GLOCK 23 middle of the back holster? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; i just got a glock 23. although this is only a compact weapon, i do need to wear it concealed. i do not wear a ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: GLOCK 23 middle of the back holster?

i just got a glock 23. although this is only a compact weapon, i do need to wear it concealed. i do not wear a belt. ever.

what is the best middle of the back inside the waistband holster that will clip directly onto my pants and not require a belt?

i was going to get the glock 27, but the hand grip just wasn't long enough. it was the same price as the 23 and in order to get the expended mag with the extra grip, it was going to cost me $40 more. The 23 isn't very much bigger than the 27, especially if you use the extended mag, so i figured the 23 would be ok. i hope i didn't mess up. i really like the gun. i just need to be able to carry it concealed without having to wear a belt.

i also HATE shoulder holsters so please do not suggest one.

at first, i thought i'd carry it on my ankle, but so many people seem to think it's too big for that, even though there are ankle holsters for it, which would imply at least someone thinks it's a marketable idea. my pants all flare at the bottom. if you know of a comfortable ankle holster for the 23, i'd be interested to know about it as well.

Pants on da' ground...
    A good gunbelt is essential for comfortable/efficient carry.
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

i disagree that it's essential.

Seriously you sound like you want it all but don't want to change or pay to get it. I mean no disrespect when saying that but in my opinion you should of bought a pocket gun. Instead you buy a big heavy gun and want to to carry it without the proper tools to do so.

I am guessing you are new to concealed carry. You might want to re-think what you want and don't want because you are sounding like a accident waiting to happen. Sorry but that is how I read your post.

i'm prior military and prior cop. i'm not new to carry, but yes newish to concealed carry.

what others may see as too heavy or clunky for the ankle isn't something i'd necessarily call uncomfortable. i've hauled weapons that actually wear heavy and any type of hand gun just isn't heavy to me. no matter how long you wear it. the same for the middle of the back carry.

i'm not sure what you mean by "Seriously you sound like you want it all but don't want to change or pay to get it". would you mind expanding on that?

the glock 27 might've cost more with the extended mag, but the glock 23 is minimally bigger and should carry concealed just about as well as the 27, IMHO. i figured if i was spending the money, i wanted the grip to be actual grip and not part mag.

i've asked for input on holsters. if you have some, excellent. if you don't, great, but that's the input i've asked for. not your personal thoughts on my weapon of choice or how i desire to carry it.

thanks

Far be it from me to tell you what you should or should not do but when nobody answer your message you will know why.

Goodluck

Save yourself time....get a belt. It just does not work with a gun of that size. I carry a Glock 23 EDC.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Mic
    I don't like to wear a belt either, but it comes with the territory, there are allot of "clip on" holsters, but none of them are worth a darn, you'll find that out the first time you draw. The only thing (beside a shoulder holster) that works is a paddle holster but they aren't designed for SOM or MOB.
    Timid people sleep peacefully at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Molôn Labé!

with or without a belt, does anyone have any actual recommendations for a middle of the back, IWB holster for the 23? or ankle holster (for those who dare)

hey mic, i'm looking for MOB. do you have something you're talking about regarding the paddle holster?

I agree with the other members on here, get a belt and a good holster. As you said, you are new to concealed carry, however, if you are going to carry concealed you will have to make some changes to your atire. Your belt will probably not be seen if that is why wearing a belt is not an option for you. Are you trying to make a fasion statement?

Another point to point out is MOB and SOB are not nessarly a good position to carry. If you end up on your back in a fight you will be unable to get to it. Also, back injuries are common with SOB and MOB carry methods. If you slip and fall or something... OUCH! This is just a few reason people dont make them. I would suggest getting a IWB holster meant to be carried at or around the 3:30 to 4:00 position. Much easier to find and carry. Check out my signature.

Try to sit with one on!
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

I have not tried this as yet and it is not exactly SOB but it may be a start for you. If you do order a pair maybe you can post a review

UnderTech UnderCover Concealment Shorts - Master Of Concealment.com
    Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
    ----
    If not me, then who?

Get a good belt, a good holster, and you wiill be happy. I make a living building custom holsters. For liability reasons, I and most custom holster makers don't offer SOB holsters. Although you may have carried some heavy weapons back in the day, a beltless waist band is not designed to support the weight of a loaded pistol or even a pistol in a paddle holster.

Randy
    Randy

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links