Crossbreed Holster (Quik-Clip Model)

This is a discussion on Crossbreed Holster (Quik-Clip Model) within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ok... I know... there is probably another thread out there for this topic, but so many of them are for the "Supertuck" model of Crossbreed ...

Thread: Crossbreed Holster (Quik-Clip Model)

Crossbreed Holster (Quik-Clip Model)

Ok... I know... there is probably another thread out there for this topic, but so many of them are for the "Supertuck" model of Crossbreed holsters.

However, I ordered and love my Quik-Clip model.

1) It has one large clip versus 2 for the Supertuck.

2) It is easier to get on and off if necessary (if going in a store).

3) Smaller foot-print of a holster

4) One "clip" is easier to hide or is not as "noticable" as two clips on the Supertuck model.

5) This model is "tuckable" like the Supertuck.

6) This holster has a great lifetime warrenty versus other more expensive holsters on the market.

7) I ordered the horse hide leather model for it's durability and denser fiber (less prone to sweat and moisture related issues).

I received my order on the 10th day after ordering.

Crossbreed also enclosed a free roll of Lifesavers with my order (felt like a kid on Christmas).

Here are some photo's:
    Attached Images
    Springfield XDM 40cal
    Safariland Double Magazine Duty Pouch
    High Noon "Slide Guard" Holster - Leather (OWB)
    BladeTech "Eclipse" Holster - Kydex (OWB)
    Aker Reinforced Gun Belt (Leather & Polymer)
    Wilderness Tactical/Operator Belt (Kydex Reinforced)

2. Remove Ads

Kind of an older thread but I can't believe there have been no comments about this holster. I have been wanting to try one for a G26

Is the clip a "feed through" type or a "clip on" type?

Thanks

It's a "clip-on" type, although you could thread the belt through it. I bought one for my Glock(s) and it was a very well made product which just didn't work out for me. I researched and failed to find a negative comment before I bought it, so it must just be me: the kydex fit was a little too loose (it seems to rely on belt tension to hold the gun securely) and the whole rig continued to sink down into my pants owing to the single clip. Also, I was mad that I didn't get the candy.

I'm not dissing the product: it is well made and great customer service. Just wasn't the solution I thought it would be for me.

Senior Member Array wheelyfun101's Avatar
    I have a qwikclip for my SP101.
    I am really waiting for an AKJ Concealco IWB... but ordered this from Midway USA because they had one in stock.
    I find that the SP is a bit heavy to rely on only one clip..but if you adjust it just right and let it settle into place, it is not going to shift too much, and certainly will not go anywhere.
    I just now cut my leather backing down (combat cut, which you can order from the factory, but did mine with a pair of sharp scissors), because the large leather backing is not necessary for my SP.
    I find that when adjusted for the "FBI" cant, the SP rides a tiny bit higher than I like.

Overall, a well-built product, comfortable and allows for great concealment. It also allows for tucking in a shirt (I do not conceal that way).
    I am waiting for my AKJ, but in the meantime... Crossbreed is pretty good.

Great!! I just purchased a mini tuck like shown from beachbumcock for my P380 and love it; hope this doesn't impede on the exxectiveness but I am wearing it under the belt only not completely IWB.

So you recommend the Supertuck?

Quote Originally Posted by CPO 15 View Post
    It's a "clip-on" type, although you could thread the belt through it. I bought one for my Glock(s) and it was a very well made product which just didn't work out for me. I researched and failed to find a negative comment before I bought it, so it must just be me: the kydex fit was a little too loose (it seems to rely on belt tension to hold the gun securely) and the whole rig continued to sink down into my pants owing to the single clip. Also, I was mad that I didn't get the candy.

I'm not dissing the product: it is well made and great customer service. Just wasn't the solution I thought it would be for me.

Quote Originally Posted by BurkC View Post
    So you recommend the Supertuck?
    Well, I didn't want the SuperTuck because it just seemed like too much hardware, and I thought the single clip would be less obtrusive. But, the double clip of the SuperTuck would solve the drooping issue I have with the QuikClip.

I think the QuickClip would work better with a smaller gun than the G26/19 which I holstered in it; but then the MicroClip would be my choice for a smaller gun like a PM9 or something similar.

Would I get the candy if I ordered the MicroClip?

I have the Raven IWB for my G19, but this looks like it may be more comfortable.
    Jeff

"Smooth is Faster"

Links