Comp-Tac Infidel Clip question?

This is a discussion on Comp-Tac Infidel Clip question? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Good morning everyone, I ran a search and decided to get the Comp-Tac Infidel for my holster for my new Glock 26. I switched from ...

Thread: Comp-Tac Infidel Clip question?

Comp-Tac Infidel Clip question?

Good morning everyone,

I ran a search and decided to get the Comp-Tac Infidel for my holster for my new Glock 26. I switched from a Px4 Storm SC (girlfriend likes that more). This post is in regards to the clip itself for the Infidel.

I am fairly new at this so please bare with me. On the website, it shows the clip :

And comes in 3 different sizes: 1 1/2, 1 1/4, and 1 3/4. I know it's to user preference, but I needed some advice. I don't wear rather large/thick belts (I suppose you could say they are the standard ones you see at the store; nothing fancy). Which size clip would you all recommend?

My second quesiton is, can you really notice a difference in comfort with this:

I noticed quite a few people on the boards with this holster have bought this attachment. The website just says it provides stability. Stability for wearing it around or when you draw? Or both?

Thank you all again in advance!

2. Remove Ads

You will need to determine the width of the belt you are using and order that measurement.

On the belt questions they are referring to the width of the belt. Most gun belts are 1.5 but some are 1.75 and 1.25 though not at common. I will throw out the opinion that you should always wear a good stiff belt when carrying as it makes nearly as much good as a good holster for comfort.

If you want a gunbelt to test here are 5.11 belts for $8. They are good and stiff but the finish will fail quickly, either way it's better than a department store belt. You will also see they are the 1.5 inch belts. Also the reason it's important to get the right clip for the right belt is because when you draw you want the holster to stay in position on the belt and not be slopping all over the place.

5.11 Tactical Leather Casual Belt 1.5 inch Detail Stitch CLOSEOUT

Good luck:)

Luke
    I am the owner/proprietor of www.adamsholsters.com Custom holsters made for you. To contact me please use E-mail rather than Private Messages, luke@adamsholsters.com

Administrator
    The strut isnt so much for comfort as it is to keep the gun in place. It does help distribute the weight a lot though too. For a heavier gun, I recommend it. For a G26, you probably don't need it.

Also a good stiff belt is the biggest factor in CCW comfort. It makes a huge difference.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Honestly, the clip doesn't work for any belt I've tried. But what does work is clipping it on to your pants and then secure your belt tightly so that it hides the clip. Not only does it conceal the clip, but keeps it on your pants when you draw. Win-win.

Links