? re: Black-Ops Pro

This is a discussion on ? re: Black-Ops Pro within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So I've been looking at new holsters - again. (I really need to get some help. ) I have never really liked IWB, but I ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ? re: Black-Ops Pro

VIP Member

? re: Black-Ops Pro

So I've been looking at new holsters - again. (I really need to get some help. ) I have never really liked IWB, but I recently checked out a Supertuck for my G36 and didn't hate it. Now I thought I would try IWB with my Colt. I love the looks of the Pure Kustom holsters and every one raves about the quality. So, here I am, looking at the Black-Ops Pro.

I prefer to carry OWB but there are times when IWB would be more appropriate, as we all know. I was wondering how much of a pain is it to switch back and forth from OWB and IWB with the Black-Ops Pro? I like the idea of a multi-function item over single-function, but if it is too much of a job to re-attach for IWB, I might as well just get a dedicated IWB holster.

Any information is appreciated!

Thanks
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

2. Remove Ads

No pain at all, the OWB belt loops are built right into the holster. The biggest issue if you can even call it that, is if you want to remove the IWB loops, then you'll have to spend about 15 seconds unscrewing the fasteners that hold them on.
    Black Ops Pro is a superb holster.

Quote Originally Posted by RoadRunner71 View Post
    So I've been looking at new holsters - again. (I really need to get some help. ) I have never really liked IWB, but I recently checked out a Supertuck for my G36 and didn't hate it. Now I thought I would try IWB with my Colt. I love the looks of the Pure Kustom holsters and every one raves about the quality. So, here I am, looking at the Black-Ops Pro.

I prefer to carry OWB but there are times when IWB would be more appropriate, as we all know. I was wondering how much of a pain is it to switch back and forth from OWB and IWB with the Black-Ops Pro? I like the idea of a multi-function item over single-function, but if it is too much of a job to re-attach for IWB, I might as well just get a dedicated IWB holster.

Any information is appreciated!

Thanks
    Removing the straps is cake. Just need a flat head screw driver. Takes about 30 seconds to remove them.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    Removing the straps is cake. Just need a flat head screw driver. Takes about 30 seconds to remove them.
    It's even easier if you carry something like a Swiss Army Knife!

Got a Black Ops for my SIG 239 and love it!
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

It's the only true convertible holster that is as comfortable inside as outside the waistband. The loops are held on the body by Chicago screws. You simply move them to adjust the rise and cant while IWB or remove them for OWB.
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

Dont use a screw driver! This can scratch the finish of the screw head. Use a dime!

I am going to time this procedure right now! I just took off my holster and using my stopwatch on my wrist it took me 29.54 seconds to take the loops off using a dime. It just took me 44.31 seconds to put the loops back on. I was using a dime, both washers, and completely removing the backs of the screws and replacing them in the loops. If that makes since. This was the first time I ACTUALLY timed this. However, I do have a leg up. I do this conversion quite often. When I teach my CCW class I will put it OWB as a demonstration on how to conceal OWB and IWB as the same means. I also convert OWB during the colder months where wearing a jacket is a must.

Go with the Pure Kustom, you wont be disappointed.

I have only worn my Black Ops Pro for about two weeks now and it gets more comfortable every day. I am wearing it IWB as I type this. Changing back and forth from IWB to OWB takes less than a minute or so and I also use a dime for the screws. Rocky is a master craftsman and the holster is money well spent. Fits the gun like a glove and drawing becomes smoother with use.
    "I have a right to nothing which another has a right to take away - Thomas Jefferson

VIP Member
    Thanks for the responses, everybody. They are all what I suspected from other threads and comments. I know that Rocky makes high quality stuff, but I've been burned on multi-function whiz-bangs before. Oh, sure that combination swizel stick/drink strainer/olive pitter looked good in the add, but when you get it home it just wouldn't switch back and forth like it should.

All joking aside, I had already made up my mind (80%) anyway. You guys all helped with the last 20%.

Thanks!

Now I have to make a call to Pure Kustom!
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

Now I have to make a call to Pure Kustom!
    Call you won't regret it.
    Tom
    Osculare pultem meam! - Kiss my grits!

Senior Member Array Pure Kustom's Avatar
    Thanks Guys, I really appreciate the comments.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pure Kustom View Post
    Thanks Guys, I really appreciate the comments.
    Hey Rocky,

Just sent in my order! Thanks.
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

Rocky ~ good talking to you the other night!! Any idea if my holsters shipped this week??

Thanks,

bnewell

Senior Member Array Pure Kustom's Avatar
    Hey Rocky,

Just sent in my order! Thanks.
    I got it thanks. I'm glade these guys steered you in the right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by bnewell View Post
    Rocky ~ good talking to you the other night!! Any idea if my holsters shipped this week??

Thanks,

bnewell
    Hey Bnewell, I have all 3 in stock. But I am sicker than a dog right now. They will go out next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    *hijack* Rollo, you have many in suspense over the AAR on the next date! So, what does she carry? */hijack*

The maximum effective range of an excuse is zero meters.

Rocky, you take good care of yourself, ya hear!
    You need anything , just holler.

The maximum effective range of an excuse is zero meters.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links