Can you recommend a few holsters to me? (Kimber 1911)

This is a discussion on Can you recommend a few holsters to me? (Kimber 1911) within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; look at the galco brand they have a good set of holsters for carry...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can you recommend a few holsters to me? (Kimber 1911)

look at the galco brand they have a good set of holsters for carry

2. Remove Ads

I say go with a maxcon v its the best IWB there is IMO for a fullsize 1911 pistol. I plan on having gary make me one for the colt commander I plan to buy soon. A great rig get one you won't be sorry,wearing it will make you a believer I carry a full size 1911 without any issues wearing only a polo shirt and cargo or jean shorts.

Gary Brommeland's Service Grade Max-Con V for IWB and a Service Grade Def-Con for OWB. Those two holsters alone will take care of at least 95% of your carry needs. Use the cash you were planning on spending for those other three holsters to buy a CDB belt and single (or double) mag pouch from Gary and you'll be set for several years.

I also placed my order yesterday for a horizontal shoulder rig from Matt Del Fatti. Beautiful work and I needed one for those times I'm waist deep in the trout stream wearing chest waders ... puts the ki-bosh on belt rigs in that circumstance.

Kevin at K&D and Mark Garrity also have several good designs to choose from. Pick your favorite flavor, hard to go wrong with any of these master craftsmen.
    Jack

I'm going along with acparmed on the Sam Andrews hybrid saddle holster. I just recently received mine and I love the way it carries my Kimber TLE II.

after a lifetime of swearing by galco i recently purchased my first alessi (CLICK HERE for pictures) and it definately wont be my last. i think its the finest piece of leatherwork ive ever seen.

I'll put in my two bits for Andrews Custom Leather. I have a McDaniel II and a Car Jacker Crossdraw for driving. Also just got a holster for my Surefire. Excellent work and comfortable to wear with reasonable prices to boot! I keep the Car Jacker on my seatbelt and just transfer my Commander from IWB and back again when entering / exiting my vehicle. Sam is just a nice guy to deal with as well...

Eric

i'm going to suggest that Bandera Leatherworks 'Beltster' holster system.
    www.Bandera.com

I've been using it for CCW with a SA LTC (a CCO sized 1911) and Colt Defender for 90+ days now and am also using it in IDPA.
    as unconventional as it might seem upon first blush bottomline it works, very well.
    It's essentially the same design and functionality as a 'Yaqui Slide' stand alone holster only it's design has the holster built into and part of the belt rather than as a spereate holster to be worn on a secondary belt. The belt/holster can also support a third party holster if you have on ocassion need to carry some other weapon with it's own specific holster working the same as any other gun belt.
    The product is custom fitted to the sidearm (1911 or otherwise) as well as the wearer in sizing.
    Run a search of this site (or Google) and you'll find others that have used this product with very positive results.

For pics and my own detailed experience with it go to this posting;
    "Dual 1911's - not SOB, but similar..."
    May 8th, 2006, 11:47 PM
    http://www.combatcarry.com/vbulletin...402#post121402

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links