New Nighthawk 1911 T3 Coming...need OWB????

This is a discussion on New Nighthawk 1911 T3 Coming...need OWB???? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hello All, I have a new T3 (CCO: Commander slide/Officers frame) coming and wanted a high quality OWB holster. I normally carry my Walther PPS ...

Thread: New Nighthawk 1911 T3 Coming...need OWB????

New Nighthawk 1911 T3 Coming...need OWB????

Hello All,

I have a new T3 (CCO: Commander slide/Officers frame) coming and wanted a high quality OWB holster. I normally carry my Walther PPS or Glock 26 in a OWB from Sideguard with no thumb break. I am thinking I want a thumb break for the 1911 although I am not completely sold on it.....but it is the direction I am heading in now.

This was an expensive purchase for me so I want a high quality rig, but dont want to get sucked into paying a lot just for a name and since I dont have the luxury of seeing any of these holsters locally, I would hope you guys can give me some advice.

So, I want OWB, good quality cow or horsehide (maybe even an exotic if it is worth it), with a thumbsnap, but the last one is debatable.

Any pictures would be fantastic.

Thanks All for you advice!
    "I would rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!" - Dorothy Parker

2. Remove Ads

Love my Pure Kustom. The degree of boning/molding make the thumb break unnecessary IMHO. Rocky's color selection and artwork will definitely compliment that 1911.

If this is to be OWB for CC, then I'd forego the thumb break. The two that impress me the most - strictly from an aesthetic standpoint and manufacturer's reputation would be the Milt Sparks Axiom (which is only available for 1911 platforms), or TT's Snap Removable Pancake - oh, and ya' gotta have exotic trim. JMHO.

Adios,

Pizza Bob
    NRA Endowment Member

I would go with something from Nossar Gunleather (http://www.nossargunleather.com/). Here is a shot of mine. My second choice would be something from 5 Shot like their SAP (http://www.5shotleather.com/). I would not choose a thumb break unless you plan on open carrying it.
    Bleeding-heart reporter: “Do you feel that violence begets violence?”
    Jeff Cooper: “It is my earnest endeavor to see that it does. I would like very much to ensure - and in some cases I have - that any man who offers violence to his fellow citizen begets a whole lot more than he can enjoy."

Well...........IMO you had it reversed...........5 Shot leather is by far and away the best on the market.....John's work is quality +......We own a few.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCMedic View Post
    I would go with something from Nossar Gunleather (NOSSAR GUNLEATHER). Here is a shot of mine. My second choice would be something from 5 Shot like their SAP (5 Shot Leather, LLC - Home 5shotleather). I would not choose a thumb break unless you plan on open carrying it.
    Best Homer voice.......MMMMMMMMMM leather!!

go Mexican with that baby.

sgb
    No thumb break.

Bulman SDS

Kramer's Vertical Scabbard

"There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

Pure Kustom! Unbeatable craftsmanship, no retention devices needed, no reenforcement needed, HARD leather, beautiful art work, and the best customer service. Not to mention the fast turnaround time! Check out Pure Kustom, this is the right decision.

Also, for some cool pictures, check out his thread titled Some new stuff.

I have been searching pretty hard and I really like the new Milt Sparks Axiom with the snaps and elephant trim......I do not have any OWB with snaps and think that may be a nice choice, assuming it hugs the body as close a regular OWB.....I normally wear mine strong side at 3 o'clock.
    "I would rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!" - Dorothy Parker

You won't need a thumb break with a quality, well-boned leather holster. Start your shopping here... HOLSTERS
    Here's my OWB... FIST, INC.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Are Fist holsters made here, production line or more of a custom?

Quote Originally Posted by harley2007 View Post
    Are Fist holsters made here, production line or more of a custom?
    Made by hand in a small company in New York.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

If you decide to go exotic, take a look at sharkskin. Takes a beating and keeps looking good. I don't have any super high end holsters. I have a Krammer OWB that I am very happy with.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

My vote goes for a Mitch Rosen. Absolutely awesome product in every way. Customer service with Jessica is great, you will be very happy

Links