Got My First KD Holster with PICS!

This is a discussion on Got My First KD Holster with PICS! within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ok, the pictures are here. I took quite a few. The first couple will just be different views. The holster is a Pocket Defender 2 ...

Thread: Got My First KD Holster with PICS!

VIP Member

Got My First KD Holster with PICS!

Ok, the pictures are here. I took quite a few. The first couple will just be different views. The holster is a Pocket Defender 2 in 1. First two shots show holster without anti-print panel

The next two show the anti-print panel in place. The first is just a shot from the back of the pistol. The second shows the anti-print panel as it is pushed aside to draw the pistol.

Kevin made me a special magazine holder on an anti-print panel. I will have to make some adjustments on it since I bought all new pants last month and the back pockets are not as wide as the ones I was wearing when Kevin and I talked about the mag holder. I will hate to do any trimming on the great work Kevin did, but I would also hate to have to wait for him to change it. Of course the worst thing would be to send it back and have him change it immediately, thereby delaying my Cochise Defender and any that any of you might have ordered. The picture below show the anti-print panel with mag holder and the holster with anti-print panel attached.

Next two show different views. First one is close-up of holster with anti-print panel attached. Second is a view from the front showing some of the detail work that Kevin does.

I ordered the 2 in 1 because I can use the anti-print panel of take it off. I carry the Kel-Tec in my right front pocket when it is my only weapon. Like when I am at church. The rest of the time I carry in my left front pocket because the Sig P239 is at 2 IWB. I don't use the anti-print panel when it is in the left front because the cell phone hangs from the belt and masks any printing. If I need to I can carry it in my right back pocket with the anti-print panel attached. The mag holder also will do double duty. Normally when the pistol is in my right front pocket or right back pocket the mag holder will be in my left back pocket with the anti-print panel behind my wallet. Mag will be on left of pocket. When the pistol is in the left back pocket the mag holder will be in right back pocket with mag to left of pocket and anti-print panel behind handkerchief. The Beretta Airlight knife is clipped on the right side of the pocket.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

2. Remove Ads

Assistant Administrator
    George - great pics and once more a chance to see Kevin's good work.

Seems like you have all stuff well thought out with with where everything lives
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by P95Carry
    George - great pics and once more a chance to see Kevin's good work.

Seems like you have all stuff well thought out with with where everything lives
    I spent more time deciding what holster and then searching for the right mag holder than I spend buying 6 pistols. Because I do sometimes only carry the Kel-Tec I put a lot of thought into being able to use the holster when the Kel-Tec is BUG and when primary. I think I got it right.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

VIP Member
    Nice rig!
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

Distinguished Member
    alright! looks real good! hope it works as good as it looks!
    RKBA

John

Great pics...What did it set you back if you don't mind me asking. I'm picking up another keltec myself (P3AT this time....sold my P32) and am looking for holster options. Great photos....enjoy!
    -Bill

"Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it."

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WJP9
    Great pics...What did it set you back if you don't mind me asking. I'm picking up another keltec myself (P3AT this time....sold my P32) and am looking for holster options. Great photos....enjoy!
    The 2 in 1 holster was $45 plus shipping. The regular Pocket Defender without the anti-print panel is $40. Kevin made the mag holder on the anti-print panel for $20 and put it in the same package as the holster so I only paid one shipping charge.

http://www.kdholsters.com/

Quality product and Kevin is great to work with if you need something special. As soon as I picked up my Sig P239 I immediately went to the web site and ordered a Cochise Defender (IWB) for it.
    George

Thumbs up

Nice looking set up ya have there...!!!
    Desert Eagle .44 Magnum, Baby Eagle .45
    Glock 22
    H&K USP .45
    Ruger P89, 345PR
    Mossberg 590 special purpose
    Weatherby Vanguard .308
    Bushmaster M-4

thanx for the pix ! I can't wait for mine ?
    " Refuse to be a victim, make sure there is a round chambered ! "

Just call me a pessimistic optimist !

U.S. Navy vet 1981-1992

Cool kd

I ordered a pocket holster from kevin for my MK9. Beautiful holster. But I do not like the smooth side out on a pocket holster. It does not hold in my pocket. It likes to come out with the gun when I draw. I have other pocket holsters and all of them are rough side out. Right now it sets in my safe with the MK9 in it. If it was made with the rought side out and the smooth side in it would probally work.

steve

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stolivar
    I ordered a pocket holster from kevin for my MK9. Beautiful holster. But I do not like the smooth side out on a pocket holster. It does not hold in my pocket. It likes to come out with the gun when I draw. I have other pocket holsters and all of them are rough side out. Right now it sets in my safe with the MK9 in it. If it was made with the rought side out and the smooth side in it would probally work.

steve
    Steve, even though the smooth side is out on mine it is tacky enough to stay put. I can even just grab the butt of the pistol with two fingers and pull it out. The holster barely moves. It was very tight when I first got it so I used Gary Brommeland's recommended break in method of using two layers of waxed paper on the pistol and leaving it in the holster overnight. The result was perfect. The holster can be shaken upside down and the gun stays in, but when I pull it out it is only a fraction of an inch before the gun is released. Then the tackiness of the holster surface keeps the holster from moving.
    George

Links