Pure Kustom Holsters

This is a discussion on Pure Kustom Holsters within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I wanted to say thanks to my friends and customers here on DC. Because of the positive comments I received from you guys and the ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Pure Kustom Holsters

Senior Member Array Pure Kustom's Avatar

Pure Kustom Holsters

I wanted to say thanks to my friends and customers here on DC. Because of the positive comments I received from you guys and the NRA. I decided to protect my designs.

Pure Kustom Holsters is now "patent pending"

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Congrats Rocky!

That means my new holster, if I ever get to see it, will say Patent Pending on it?

Just kidding Rocky. You know how I love to "Poke The Bear" as you put it.
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

VIP Member
    I just noticed that when I place my order. That is probably a very wise move on your part.

Out of curiosity, just how long is the patent process? Months, years?
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

Smart move.....
    Tom
    Osculare pultem meam! - Kiss my grits!

Congrats Rocky!! I have been waiting for this day to come! Smart move and all that. Hope you dont make too many enemys.

See, this is what happens when someone comes up with a great design. Other people will try and rip you off of your ideas, protecting them is just a wise move and copycats beware!

Good Job Rocky!

Hey!! I also like the yellow on the website! If that dont scream "BACK OFF!" I dont know what will!

Quote Originally Posted by Pure Kustom View Post
    I wanted to say thanks to my friends and customers here on DC. Because of the positive comments I received from you guys and the NRA. I decided to protect my designs.

Pure Kustom Holsters is now "patent pending"
    So what your saying is....I need to hurry up and finish these PK copies.... err, I mean, replicas I'm working on?
    ďOwning a handgun doesnít make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.Ē Jeff Cooper

http://carniakcustom.com/

I just sent Rocky a message this morning about his BLACK OPS PRO holster. Not sure if it is what I need but sounds like it is worth a try.

I have tried IWB holsters but find the OWB holsters to be a lot more comfortable, for my Lightweight Commander anyway. Maybe I just didnít have a good enough IWB holster but to tell the truth I donít know what the difference in them might be besides appearance because itís really your pants and belt that holds it in place isnít it?

The IWB holster I used in the past was a Galco similar to this one IWB. The OWB that Iím currently using is a Galco too OWB and I like it real well but will probably be a little harder to conceal in the summer months.

Anyway Iím looking for something comfortable that will give me better concealment this summer so I thought I would give an IWB another shot. Based on all the comments on this forum it sounds like Pure Kustom Holsters is one of the best.

I have also switched to a lighter smaller pistol, a Kimber Ultra CDP II. So maybe between a better quality holster and smaller gun I can carry IWB comfortably.

Distinguished Member Array JerryM's Avatar
    I am not sure how many copy other's designs, but some do. However, it may be very easy to change a couple of things to get around it while still using the basic design of another's holster.

How much do the loops need to be changed to be different, and if the end is enclosed or not is that enough?

Regards,
    Jerry

His stuff is pretty unique, I have been looking very hard for something different in a OWB and his are just unlike others I have seen.
    "I would rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!" - Dorothy Parker

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy1629 View Post
    I just sent Rocky a message this morning about his BLACK OPS PRO holster. Not sure if it is what I need but sounds like it is worth a try.

I have tried IWB holsters but find the OWB holsters to be a lot more comfortable, for my Lightweight Commander anyway. Maybe I just didnít have a good enough IWB holster but to tell the truth I donít know what the difference in them might be besides appearance because itís really your pants and belt that holds it in place isnít it?

The IWB holster I used in the past was a Galco similar to this one IWB. The OWB that Iím currently using is a Galco too OWB and I like it real well but will probably be a little harder to conceal in the summer months.

Anyway Iím looking for something comfortable that will give me better concealment this summer so I thought I would give an IWB another shot. Based on all the comments on this forum it sounds like Pure Kustom Holsters is one of the best.

I have also switched to a lighter smaller pistol, a Kimber Ultra CDP II. So maybe between a better quality holster and smaller gun I can carry IWB comfortably.
    A Black Ops Pro is the most comfortable holster I have ever worn both IWB and OWB. Take it from me, I wear mine all day everyday for my job. During the summer months it is mostly IWB because I usually just wear a simple t-shirt or button up shirt. In the winter it is OWB because of a jacket or coat. I have tried those Galco holsters you mentioned above and I found them to be VERY uncomfortable and harder to conceal. The IWB puts all the weight in one spot, this is not good. Spreading the weight out over a larger area is more comfortable and holds the firearm in place much easier.

Rocky IS the best at making holsters IMO. Nothing beats him or his designs and functions. This is why it was wise of him to get the patents done so copiers cant steal what he has made.

I tell people that are new to CC to start off with a Pure Kustom. Besides the unbeatalbe craftsmanship and art work, the reason for this is to save money. You get two holsters in one, and you wont end up with a "box" of holsters trying to figure out which one is best for you. Secondly, its a very comfortable holster. One of the main reasons people stop carrying a firearm after a few weeks is because they cant carry their firearm comfortably. Get a Pure Kustom and this problem pretty much goes away. Another reason is the retention, someone who is new at CC might find this as a more secure way to carry, and it is! And lastly, its the LAST holster they will ever buy. These holster are so well built with the finest leather that they will last forever! No other holster on the market today fits this bill or stands up to the Pure Kustom line of holsters, PERIOD!

Cowboy, you cant compare a PK holster to a Galco...thats like comparing a covetted to a 3/4 ton dodge diesel...this summer I was looking for a new company car in June and had on my PK black ops...and my fullsize 1911...went from car dealer to car dealer and forgot I had it on ... none of the salesmen even noticed it..all I had on was a Golf shirt and blue jeans...you won't be disappointed in any of Rocky's work...hes da man!!!

Quote Originally Posted by southarkrob View Post
    Cowboy, you cant compare a PK holster to a Galco...thats like comparing a covetted to a 3/4 ton dodge diesel...
    I figured I would hear something like that... But unless you have had something better it is hard to compare.

I've had a CC permit for a lot of years and always have a pistol in my vehicle but normally only carry in the winter months or when I can easily cover my OWB holster. Now to be honest I have been happy with the Galco belt holster, it holds my Colt Commander comfortably at my side but never could find a comfortable spot for the IWB holster. But like Avenger said maybe the IWB holster puts all the weight in one spot. I know it feels like I have a brick under my belt!

Hopefully Rocky isn't too far behind because I think I'm ready to order. I figured if I couldn't find a comfortable spot for the IWB setup I could always move it to an OWB so It wouldn't be a waste of money.

I hated IWB before I bought my holster from Rocky...I had planned on using it OWB...but I put it on and wore it around the house and within no time I was really liking it... order it, you won't be disappointed....and if you do hate it....they are very easy to sell!!! When I ordered mine..he had it in stock... it was before he hit it BIG... :) Rocky is a great guy. I bought several Galco's ang Bianchis when I first started carrying and never could get one that I really liked til I went to custom holsters... Good luck with it..Robbie

Very nice work, holsters and M/C seats...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

As well you should, your design is unique. Congrats!-Scott.
    Glock 26, Walther P5-C, PPS 9mm, PPK and PPK/S .380, Sig 239 .40, 220 .45, Colt Night Defender, Combat Commander, Pony Pocketlite, S&W model 649, and model 19 .357

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links