Holster options for a Beretta 84

This is a discussion on Holster options for a Beretta 84 within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just recently picked up a Beretta 84F (yesterday) and I am looking for a concealed carry holster. I prefer IWB or SOB but as ...

Thread: Holster options for a Beretta 84

Holster options for a Beretta 84

I just recently picked up a Beretta 84F (yesterday) and I am looking for a concealed carry holster. I prefer IWB or SOB but as long as it is comfortable and hides well I don't really care. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I am an LEO so it will need to hold up to a lot of carrying.

2. Remove Ads

Is this for primary carry? Or off duty/backup? The reason I ask is that the 84 is a big piece for a backup and you don't want it to interfere with your primary weapon.

There are a lot of options out there. Again, due to the size of the gun I would avoid SOB (but I have a hard time recommending SOB for any reason); it won't be comfortable at all or easy to draw if you spend any time sitting.

De Santis lists a number of options and their stuff is almost always in stock. Kramer makes top-quality stuff and their "MSP" paddle is a super holster I lust after, if a paddle fits your needs. For IWB I have yet to fnd a better, more durable holster than a Milt Sparks Summer Special, but as with most custom holster makers these days, you'll have to wait months to get one.

A lot of folks here rave about the Crossbreed Supertuck, but it's a very large holster (area-wise) relative to the gun. What I haven't heard yet is anyone saying they threw away their Milt Sparks Summer Special or Versa Max after they got their Supertuck... But it's also not real expensive and they ship quickly.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Avoid SOB carry. There is just nothing very smart or good about carrying in this method. That said, a good IWB or OWB would be Pure Kustom Holsters. They are awesome holsters, fully adjustable IWB AND one postion OWB! Thats a two for one deal! Match that with unbeatlable craftsmanship, and you have yourself a winner!

The Beretta is for off duty carry. We are not allowed to carry any BUG's on duty. This gun is also an alternative to carrying my Kimber Ultra Raptor. I have never carried any gun in an SOB holster either. It was just a thought.

Distinguished Member Array ripley16's Avatar
    I carried a Beretta 84 for many years in a DeSantis shoulder holster (no longer made) and a OWB Galco Fletch. The Fletch is a very good holster, suited my needs in every way and was very comfortable all day. These are the only two I used.

Thanks for the info. I thought about a shoulder holster but probably wouldn't wear it all that much. Be safe out there.

Fist will make any of theirs for the 84 series. I personally have the 1, 6 and 17 holsters, and they have great quality for the price.

FIST holster list

Quote Originally Posted by Avenger View Post
    a good IWB or OWB would be Pure Kustom Holsters. They are awesome holsters, fully adjustable IWB AND one postion OWB! Thats a two for one deal! Match that with unbeatlable craftsmanship, and you have yourself a winner!
    + 1
    Tom
    Osculare pultem meam! - Kiss my grits!

Good fit for Beretta Model 84BB

i recently searched online for a holster for my Beretta model 84BB and ran across this forum. I found a really good fit and wanted to share. For those of you who own this fine pistol (not the Cheetah), the curvature of the trigger guard may make for a sleek design, but makes it hard to find a holster. The "Intruder" by DeSantis, a holster made for the Ruger LC9, is a perfect fit. The holster is made of leather and the actual weapon holster is made from the same sort of molded plastic like Serpa holsters... No thump snap, but the fit is snug. I wear mine between pants and belt (comes with two hardened plastic belt loops) and provides little to no print. Well made, too. I paid $60.00.
    Last edited by black6; May 4th, 2012 at 09:18 PM. Reason: Typo

sgb
    Kramer makes holsters for the Beretta 84, if you're looking for a heavy duty holster Kramer is it.
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

Quote Originally Posted by black6 View Post
    i recently searched online for a holster for my Beretta model 84BB and ran across this forum. I found a really good fit and wanted to share. For those of you who own this fine pistol (not the Cheetah), the curvature of the trigger guard may make for a sleek design, but makes it hard to find a holster. The "Intruder" by DeSantis, a holster made for the Ruger LC9, is a perfect fit. The holster is made of leather and the actual weapon holster is made from the same sort of molded plastic like Serpa holsters... No thump snap, but the fit is snug. I wear mine between pants and belt (comes with two hardened plastic belt loops) and provides little to no print. Well made, too. I paid $60.00.
    Sorry about bringing up such an old thread, but was wondering if you had any pic's of your 84 BB in the "Intruder" by DeSantis holster for the Ruger LC9?

I also have a newly acquired 84 BB and am in the market for a IWB holster.

Thanks
    http://webpages.charter.net/jlevitan1/
    "Welcome to my home. That door you just kicked in was locked for YOUR protection, not mine."
    "You threaten my family....."I" am THE first responder"
    "When seconds count....the police are just minutes away"

I have a Beretta 84BB. It is a reliable and very aesthetically pleasing gun. The only problem is the large grip. Made to accommodate 13 rounds, it is outlandishly large in proportion to the gun. I have tried a few holsters and still find the grip to be a concealment problem. I have, however, recently toyed with the idea of getting one of the popular Crossbreed holsters. My understanding is that they hold the gun very close to the body and that may solve the problem of a large grip sticking out and printing against a garment.

Links