Piece of Kydex in Pocket?

This is a discussion on Piece of Kydex in Pocket? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My PM9 prints pretty good in my Levi's pocket. I'm toying with the idea of slipping a piece of Kydex between the holster and pocket ...

Thread: Piece of Kydex in Pocket?

My PM9 prints pretty good in my Levi's pocket. I'm toying with the idea of slipping a piece of Kydex between the holster and pocket front. Has anybody tried this before?

It would be shaped to cover about the whole pocket front and curved to match the leg as much as possible. I'd may include a bottom and riser on the back side of the pocket about half way up the holster. I cut a template of cereal box cardboard and it hid the gun print pretty well, but still looks like "something's" there.

cj
    I've seen pocket holsters with a piece of leather set up in that way. I can't recall seeing kydex used in that way, but I've seen it on the other side (i.e. following the shape of the leg and against the leg in the pocket).

I got a uncle mikes pocket holster and it does not print like a gun more just like a wad of money, for my pf-9. I hang my cellphone over that pocket so it distracts from any bulge. but it can also slow your draw.
    You may not like guns. You may choose not to own one. That is your right.
    You might not believe in God. That is your choice.
    However, if someone breaks into your home at 3AM the first two things you are going to do are:
    1) Call someone with a gun.
    2)Pray they get there in time." - A wise man

I made a Kydex pocket holster for my LCP and it's very comfortable.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

Aholster kydex pocket holsters are made with a flat side facing outward and a gun form fitted side facing inside toward your leg. It really breaks up the pattern of the gun as far as printing. Do a google search on Aholster. I have one for my J frame revolver and one for my Glock 26. They are great kydex pocket holsters.

What type of holster are you using for pocket carry? Is there a way to attach the kydex to your holster. If not, I would be concerned that a loose piece of kydex might get in the way if you need to reach for your gun in a hurry.

Why not make the kydex useful?
    Kydex Pocket Holster w/Thumb Push

Covers the trigger, keeps the gun stable, the holster WON'T come out of the pocket, and super thin...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I'll get a nylon pocket holster like Blackhawk. To me most pocket holsters say gun so I was thinking about something to basically cover the whole pocket. My plan is to make it with a channel to hold the holster. That way if I were to put something else in the pocket (thin, like a shopping list) it would rest between the kydex inside lip and the leg.

Lead Moderator
    A kydex holster is much better due to being a one piece design. A kydex panel covering the whole pocket would be rather large and uncomfortable the first time you bend or sit. A smaller panel may move around too much and get in the way as previously mentioned.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Quote Originally Posted by rocky View Post
    A kydex holster is much better due to being a one piece design. A kydex panel covering the whole pocket would be rather large and uncomfortable the first time you bend or sit. A smaller panel may move around too much and get in the way as previously mentioned.
    Good Point. I do have A Silent Thunder on order for IWB, but will still pocket carry some. I may have to wear my new 5.11 or Propper Tatical pants for that.

Sponsored Links