Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro

This is a discussion on Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well, I just ordered my holster today from Rocky. I was a little concerned that maybe he hadn't got my emails or PMs because almost ...

Thread: Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro

Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro

Well, I just ordered my holster today from Rocky. I was a little concerned that maybe he hadn't got my emails or PMs because almost three days went by without hearing anything from him. Come to find out he was still fighting his cold and not back to 100% yet so he is a little behind on his replies.

It was great talking to Rocky, you could tell he is really into his product. I was looking for something he may already have on hand that would fit my Kimber Ultra CDP II. Turns out he may have something he could put together once he gets the ones out that are already spoken for so hopefully mine wont take too long.

I never have found anything that was comfortable to me as an IWB so if this one doesn't work I can always go OWB which is fine but after reading several posts on this board I'm hoping to go IWB. If this one works well I will have to turn around and order another holster for my Ed Brown Special Forces Carry!

Will keep you all informed how things go.

2. Remove Ads

Sucks that Rocky is sick right now. He sounds like CRAP!
    IWB is extreamly comfortalbe with the Pure Kustom holster. You wont be dissapointed and hopefully he can get you one soon!

Good Choice, and congrats!

You won't be disappointed...awesome rig...good luck,Robbie

Yep..sinus infection has kicked Rocky to the curb.

Be patient Grasshopper, for a Pk holster is the true path to gun enlightenment.

I have no idea what that means.

He told you it was a SINUS infection???
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

Is that not correct? Sinus infection?? Thats what he told me, mixed with a cold or something. He sounds horriable!

Senior Member Array Pure Kustom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ Husker View Post
    He told you it was a SINUS infection???
    Ha ha your funny. Remember this guy?

YouTube - The Best of The Soup Nazi

Quote Originally Posted by Pure Kustom View Post
    Ha ha your funny. Remember this guy?

YouTube - The Best of The Soup Nazi
    I love the Soup Nazi, but what does this have to do with your sinus infection? Totally lost...

NO MORE HOLSTERS FOR ME!
    I was making a joke about his infections...
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

Holster Arrived!

My new Black Ops Pro in Black Cherry arrived yesterday afternoon and let me tell you... It is a beauty! Just like everyone on here said the quality and detail are excellent! A Friend of mine was here when the mail arrived and he too was very interested in the holster so he took one of Rocky's business cards before I could even offer it to him.

I must be the only Pure Kustom owner that just can't find a comfortable spot for IWB. I tried several different setups last night but just couldn't find a comfortable spot. Maybe my jeans have just shrunk too much so I may need to try some dockers or something. Since the holster is still extremely tight I decided to ware it OWB today and try to brake it in some. Rocky's literature also stated to ware it OWB so that it forms to you a little better before going IWB.

I'm very pleased with the fit and finish and knew there was a possibility that IWB might not work for me and that was one of the biggest selling points to me for this holster since it could go either way. I haven't given up on IWB but for right now I'm happy with OWB (If I could only get it out of the holster )

The delivery time was second to none! I talked to Rocky on Tuesday when I placed my order and on Friday it was in my hand. Not bad for a guy that was sick and way behind on orders.

I'll try to post some pictures later and let you know if I can ever find the sweet spot for IWB.

Maybe my jeans have just shrunk too much so I may need to try some dockers or something.
    Pants fit can make a big difference in comfort. However, I find a snug waistline better than loose ones. The loose pants put all the weight on the belt whereas with a snugger fit, the pants take a lot of the weight. Just as an experiment, I've carried a full size 1911 in a cheap kydex paddle holster all day without a belt with a pair of jeans that had somehow (?) "shrunk"! It was comfortable.

I wear IWB at the 4 o'clock position. It took a couple of days for my Pure Kustom to "form" to my body. Don't give up yet. I also wear one size bigger pants to allow room for IWB. Make sure you have a good gun belt as well. A store bought belt won't cut it.

Quote Originally Posted by JCAz View Post
    I wear IWB at the 4 o'clock position. It took a couple of days for my Pure Kustom to "form" to my body. Don't give up yet. I also wear one size bigger pants to allow room for IWB. Make sure you have a good gun belt as well. A store bought belt won't cut it.
    +1. Exactly what I was going to say.

Quote Originally Posted by JCAz View Post
    That could be my problem... I'm trying to wear IWB at the same location that I wear OWB which is 3:00. I will give 4:00 a try tomorrow and maybe with some looser pants. Cant figure out why my jeans keep getting smaller.

Belt is good and strong it is one of those hand made Amish belts. It is heavier than some of my gun belts.

Thanks for the suggestions guys, I haven't given up yet.

Links