Difference between the Super & Minituck

This is a discussion on Difference between the Super & Minituck within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Can some one show the difference between the two. Is it just the size of the leather backing. Looking to get one or the other ...

Thread: Difference between the Super & Minituck

Can some one show the difference between the two. Is it just the size of the leather backing. Looking to get one or the other for a PPS.

Thanks
    Al

Quote Originally Posted by hardcase67 View Post
    Can some one show the difference between the two. Is it just the size of the leather backing. Looking to get one or the other for a PPS.

Thanks
    Al
    Size of the leather back, that's it. They both use the same clips and Kydex shell. On the ST, the clips are about 8.25" apart and on the MT, 6.25".

Personally, for a PPS or other compact gun, I'd get the MiniTuck. I have one for a PT140 and I am totally unaware of the presence of the holster, just the weight of the gun.

After bending the "wings" (for lack of a better word), it took me less than a day to get used to wearing the holster.
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

+1. The Mini has the smaller leather backing because you don't need all that extra leather for a small gun. And obviously the Mini is only made for smaller guns.

+2 ...less leather. I kinda wish I had the Mini...my Supertuck feels like it has just a bit too much going on for my little gun. Don't get me wrong...I love my Supertuck. I carry and XD9sc, on their site they mention that the Mini is not recommended for compact versions of full size pistols. However they recommended to my buddy recently that he get the Mini for his Kimber Ultra 3" it's a compact version of a full size 1911, right? Not sure how my XD is any different.

So, for a PPS...I think the Mini would be the best. Less leather and 2 of the same clips to support the weight.

Thanks guys, Looks like the mini is the way to go. Just got my CPL in the mail today now all I have to do is order the Minituck and make the final payment and pick up my PPS. Life is good

Al

Sponsored Links