Appendix Carry XD9SC - Need holster

This is a discussion on Appendix Carry XD9SC - Need holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am looking for a holster for appendix carry of a XD9SC. I have narrowed it down to either the Crossbreed QwikClip, The Comp-Tac Minotaur ...

I am looking for a holster for appendix carry of a XD9SC. I have narrowed it down to either the Crossbreed QwikClip, The Comp-Tac Minotaur Neutral Cant or the Comp-Tac two o'clock. I am not sure I will like the kydex as I don't always wear an undershirt, but willing to try. I like the idea of having one clip for ease of on/off. The concern I have with the QwikClip is when it is set for no cant, the clip seems so far from the body of the gun.

I am 5'11" 180lbs, no gut. I have been carrying a PF9 in a Kholster for a year and I find it comfortable and easy to conceal. I usually carry at 1:00, closer to belt buckle with a good belt.

What are your recommendations or experiences?

Thank you.

I am about to order this one: Looper - Custom Carry Concepts,LLC

I have read great reviews about it!! He will also do custom work for a small fee. If you don't mind waiting till I get mine I can give you a personal review.

Eta: Sorry, I misread your post. I have no experience with those two holsters. But I do think the looper may be worth a look
    Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
    ----
    If not me, then who?

R. Grizzle Leather, Holsters by RGrizzle. I have two of the "Southern Sidekick" models. One for the H&K 45C and one for the Ruger SP-101. I ordered 1-1/4" J, P, and Velcro clips for each and usually use the P clip while carrying in the appendix position. Good quality, perfect fit, affordable price.

Give Rocky at Pure Kustom a call. I believe he makes appendix holsters, if not, I am sure the Black Ops Pro can be adjusted to go appendix. Call him and ask. You wont be disappointed.

Distinguished Member Array PastorPack's Avatar
    Not a big fan of the QuikClip, you'd be better off with the Supertuck.
    God is love (1 John 4:8)

Quote Originally Posted by PastorPack View Post
    Not a big fan of the QuikClip, you'd be better off with the Supertuck.
    Even for appendix carry?

Ruger SP101 in a Comp-tac 2 O'Clock Carry. For me it is a great carry. Easy on, easy off, comfortable and stable when riding on a good gun belt. Great holster.
    GOOD SHOOTING
    ALWAYS PROTECT YOUR VISION AND HEARING
    De gustibus non est disputandem

Against the skin, I think that you will find kydex less comfortable than leather.
    However, you might consider this... FIST, INC. ...works while seated in a car very well, also. OMOYMV
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Dale Fricke Archangel AIWB Holster

I highly recommend a Archangel made by Dale Fricke and sold exclusively through One Source Tactical. Dale makes other appendix holsters also, but I like the Archangel the best, and carry a Glock 19 with it. I went to carrying AIWB almost exclusively about 9 months ago after losing 25 lbs. and getting rid of my spare tire. Dale does amazing stuff with Kydex and even though it's hard plastic, it is very comfortable to me, because of how Dale shapes the back of his holsters. I'm a REALTOR and carry everyday, and I usually use a sport coat to conceal. I am in and out of my vehicle, my office and people's houses all day long carrying this way. If I have to, I can work at my desk all day with no problem.

I also carry a Comp-Tac MTAC Neutral Cant with a Kahr P9. It is probably my next choice in a AIWB holster. It's a solid holster, but not as rock solid as the Dale Fricke. I have a Comp-Tac 2 O'clock for my little Kel-Tec P3AT .380 and I like it. But I pretty much know that if I had a 2 o'clock for a larger gun, I would hate it because of the sharp edges. An observation I have about AIWB, is that you need to have a rock solid quality gun belt for it to be comfortable for all day wear. Another thing I experienced carrying this way, is that you have to give your body a little time to adjust having a gun in that position. Not so much in the standing position, but in the seated position. Appendix carry is not comfortable in the beginning, but give it a week and you will stop noticing where the weapon is. For appendix to work properly, their is a fine line between where the holster rides on the belt and also the length of the holster, which helps with stability. IMHO. YMMV.

Here are some pics of the Archangel

Here is the Comp-Tac MTAC Neutral Cant

GeorgiaCarry.org
    GPDO SAF NRA
    Let Not My Last Thought Be, If Only I Had My Gun.

I sometimes carry with this Desantis Tuck This and it works ok.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Another vote for FIST

I carry a USP40c and P2000 .40 in FIST ultra-thin kydex holsters for appendix carry. Can't remember how I decided on my first one; most likely reading a thread like this one.
    I ordered the #K4 tuckable but with the clip rather than a J-hook and they work well both with and without a belt. I can remove and replace a holstered weapon while seated in my car or truck!
    When the first one came for my USP, it was perfect right away. Later, when I got the P2000, I ordered another one and it rode too low. Sent it back with pics and measurements comparing both of mine and Jim had it fixed for me.
    Ultra-thin kydex is awesomely strong and functional. I'm in southern AZ and occasionally wear it against my skin. May be more uncomfortable in a more humid enviro.
    I can tie my shoes, ride my mtn. bike, and sit comfortably in my office chair while wearing it.

The only two holsters I've ever ordered and the only place I"ll go.

Thank you all for your input and thoughts. I just ordered the Comp-Tac MTAK Neutral Cant for Appendix Carry. The Fricke holsters looked very nice, but I needed to be able to tuck and they did not provide that as well as this one. I hope I will be happy with it. It has been a long research road and I believe that I made the right decision.
    "Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Georgia Carry Member
    NRA Member

I have had the Crossbreed QuikClip now for 3 weeks and love it.

Easy to take on and off with 1 clip (versus 2 clips or 2 snap/loops).

I adjusted mine for the FBI cant as I wear mine at the 3:30 position. The leather protects your skin if not wearing a t-shirt... and if wearing a t-shirt, the "rough-side" of the leather grips to it!!!

The holster does not move when secured and your belt is fastened. The only time it is cumbersome is when I undo my pants to take care of business (#2) and the holster (at least with my full size Springfield XDm40) wants to dive down... but once I get situated and all gets tucked in... it's 100%!!!

I like the Kydex holster of the Crossbreed's as they stay open when the gun is drawn... which makes holstering very easy.

Good luck on whatever you decide or try.

Here are some links/pics:

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/j...lipWithGun.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/j...utCovering.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/j...WB-ShirtUp.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/j...edQuikClip.jpg
    Springfield XDM 40cal
    Safariland Double Magazine Duty Pouch
    High Noon "Slide Guard" Holster - Leather (OWB)
    BladeTech "Eclipse" Holster - Kydex (OWB)
    Aker Reinforced Gun Belt (Leather & Polymer)
    Wilderness Tactical/Operator Belt (Kydex Reinforced)

Links