My newest "Holster"

My newest "Holster"

This is a discussion on My newest "Holster" within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just received a new "ZACK CONCEALMENT HOLSTER" from One Source Tactical. Very interesting concept indeed. It only covers the trigger guard and trigger. A ...

My newest "Holster"

I just received a new "ZACK CONCEALMENT HOLSTER" from One Source Tactical. Very interesting concept indeed.

It only covers the trigger guard and trigger. A cord is attached to the holster and this is secured to your belt or belt loop. The weapon is kept inside your belt or in your pants and when drawn the "holster is pulled off the trigger guard by the cord and you're ready to rock and roll.

I'll give it a try this weekend and see if I like it.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

NRA Life Member
    NRA Golden Eagles
    GOA Life Member

VIP Member
    Seems....interesting. However, I'm trying to figure out what advantage it has over a more traditional holster, aside from being thinner.
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Good luck during a WalMart parking lot incident...hope that you grab the right rope when the adrenaline flows.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by OPFOR View Post
    Seems....interesting. However, I'm trying to figure out what advantage it has over a more traditional holster, aside from being thinner.
    Being able to (safely) throw it into a jacket, bag, etc. and have a round in the chamber for one-not something that I'd certainly do with my Glocks anyway without a holster of some kind. Tie off the cord, draw it "normally" and you're good to go as the "holster" comes off in the draw stroke.

I don't think it's a proper body holster replacement (or that its being presented sold that way), although it could be if nothing else was around. I do see these triggger cover holsters as a niche product, one that has its uses and is another good tool in the arsenal of CCW.

C-

Just courious; Isn't it illegal to carry a firearm IWB without a holster? I think for Georgia it has to be carried in some form of holster/retention device, but I could be wrong.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." – Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by gottabkiddin View Post
    Just courious; Isn't it illegal to carry a firearm IWB without a holster? I think for Georgia it has to be carried in some form of holster/retention device, but I could be wrong.
    You are correct. A holster is required, however I have not been able to find a definition of holster. I am looking though.

Crucible... you are correct as a quick way to carry a Glock safely without the bulk of a holster this is a great idea.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

NRA Life Member
    NRA Golden Eagles
    GOA Life Member

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Crucible View Post
    Being able to (safely) throw it into a jacket, bag, etc. and have a round in the chamber for one-not something that I'd certainly do with my Glocks anyway without a holster of some kind. Tie off the cord, draw it "normally" and you're good to go as the "holster" comes off in the draw stroke.

I don't think it's a proper body holster replacement (or that its being presented sold that way), although it could be if nothing else was around. I do see these triggger cover holsters as a niche product, one that has its uses and is another good tool in the arsenal of CCW.

C-
    I don't think that a) it's being marketed as a jacket/bag holster (the description specifically calls for "tucking it in your belt" and b) that I would do this in any case.

If you tied the string off and the weapon shifts in the bag, isn't it likely that the "holster" will get pulled off? And if the string isn't tied off, isn't this just a relatively weak trigger lock device? And do you really need to eliminate the "bulk" of a holster if it's in a bag?

Maybe (just maybe) for a big jacket pocket, but I would still prefer a dedicated holster that helps keep the gun in one place and properly positioned for the draw. If the pocket is big enough for a G19, it's big enough for a pocket holster...

All that said - if it works for you, go to town. And I love your Vyvyan avatar...
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Well, after careful trial and testing I'll have to say for me, it doesn't work. My Glock 30 felt insecure and a bit pokey if you get my drift. Steel against flesh is a bit uncomfortable. I'll stick with my Super Tuck.

That being said, I find it's good for securing the trigger while on my night stand during the night.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

NRA Life Member
    NRA Golden Eagles
    GOA Life Member

Senior Member Array bigo5552000's Avatar
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction."-Einstein

Here is the link to website he mentioned in his opening post.

ZACK CONCEALMENT HOLSTER

Interesting concept and I give the designer an "A" for effort, but a "D" for practically (IMO).

Interesting none the less...

Thanks for the heads up on this new and different "trigger guard holster".
    Springfield XDM 40cal
    Safariland Double Magazine Duty Pouch
    High Noon "Slide Guard" Holster - Leather (OWB)
    BladeTech "Eclipse" Holster - Kydex (OWB)
    Aker Reinforced Gun Belt (Leather & Polymer)
    Wilderness Tactical/Operator Belt (Kydex Reinforced)

Well here is how ive always carried my 26. You cant get a thinner "holster" than this. Order Clipdraw - The Original Clipdraw for Glocks
    Glock 17
    Glock 19

GM
    I should not even consider buying that “holster”
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Distinguished Member Array GWRedDragon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by danielf View Post
    Well here is how ive always carried my 26. You cant get a thinner "holster" than this. Order Clipdraw - The Original Clipdraw for Glocks
    I think this is kinda neat, **IF** you are willing to do Israeli carry! I personally would never carry one in the chamber with either of these methods.
    "Trust in God with hand on sword" -Inscription on my family's coat of arms from medieval England
    ---Carry options: G26/MTAC, PF9/MiniTuck, PPK/Pocket, USP40/OWB---
    ---NOTE: I am not an expert. If I ever start acting like a know-it-all, please call me on it immediately. ---

Links