Looking for Holsters for Multible Weapons

This is a discussion on Looking for Holsters for Multible Weapons within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have a list of issues and am hoping some have delt with this as well and could lend me some advice. I just recently ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for Holsters for Multible Weapons

Looking for Holsters for Multible Weapons

I have a list of issues and am hoping some have delt with this as well and could lend me some advice.

I just recently sold my CC weapon, a Glock 26. I added the Pierce finger ext on the mags and it was perfect. I used a Clipdraw belt clip thats fixes to the firearm. Worked fantastic! Well long story short i now have only 3 options to use. My Glock 17, Kimber Tactical Pro II or my new Sig SP2022. The sig is what i bought to replace the 26 thinking they were close in size and boy was i wrong! (bought it online thinking i was getting a good deal cause it is discontinued) Dont get me wrong, its a fantastic firearm and i love it to death but its just bigger then i was expecting. Even a bit wider too.

I am only 5'7" tall and 168lbs. I wear a medium shirt that fits just right without a firearm. So that thin Glock with the Clipdraw was perfect. Now this thing is larger. They dont make a clipdraw for it (even if they did i wouldnt bolt one on this new sig) and i cant seem to find many holsters for it. Either way, no matter what gun i carry, they are all really big and i dont know what to do to hide them. I would really hate to have to go and buy all new pants and shirts to fit these things. I mean i guess i could always go without eating for a while and see if i drop and pant sizes.

Also, just as a holster for the range, i like the Blackhawk CQC holtser. I bought one for my G17 but over the years it has absolutely destroyed the finish from rubbing the slide against the inside of the holster. I want a simalar holster for my new Sig but dont want to ruin it. Does anyone have any ideas on what i can use? Sorry for all the newbie questions. Thank you.

2. Remove Ads

Sounds like the SmartCarry is in your future.

SmartCarry - Concealed Gun Holsters

Interesting, but not exactly what i had in mind. Ill have to show that to my father. He was looking for something like that. I went looking at the holster companies attached at the top of this website and i found a couple that might work for me. Im thinking my Kimber will be my new CC firearm. My wife bought me a Galco Leather holster thats pretty nice and tight to the body so i think ill start wearing that around the house and where ever to break it in a bit. Either way, these are what i was looking at as far as for my Sig went...

I really like this type of holster but have never heard of kydex?
    A10
    So i dont know if that will scratch the finish or not.

High Slide
    Side Guard Holsters - OWB Holsters

Mr. Softy
    Mr Softy

I really like this one because i think its as close as im gonna get to carring it like i did my 26. I normally always carry at 1 o' clock position. But with some of the others i might hav eto carry fartehr back like at about 4 or 5ish

Kydex = polymer plastic. Same as in the Blackhawk Serpa CQC. I think.

The SmartCarry can fit multiple weapons (not at a time, of course) if you order a size for the largest of your pistols.

Honestly, I'd buy a smaller gun. We're practically the same size and I have a hard enough time carrying a Kel-Tec P11, let alone a 1911 or a full size Glock or SIG. But, hey -- if you find something that works for you then go for it.

Yeah, ive been wearing this Kimber at about 4ish and 1 size up shirt for a good part of the day and you cant even tell its there. Not too uncomfortable eitehr. J&G out of Prescott always has the Sig 250/P6 model in and its a nice size weapon. I had one once and got rid of it for the 26. I just might go back to that if need be. Im just a bit concerned with the Summer months here in the hottest part of Az. As for my Kimber its the 4" Pro II. Its of size to the Colt Comander.
    Last edited by danielf; February 28th, 2010 at 05:39 PM. Reason: spell check
    Glock 17
    Glock 19

Quote Originally Posted by wildcatCWP View Post
    Kydex = polymer plastic. Same as in the Blackhawk Serpa CQC. I think.

The SmartCarry can fit multiple weapons (not at a time, of course) if you order a size for the largest of your pistols.

Honestly, I'd buy a smaller gun. We're practically the same size and I have a hard enough time carrying a Kel-Tec P11, let alone a 1911 or a full size Glock or SIG. But, hey -- if you find something that works for you then go for it.
    Yeah you know its funny. I have had a couple of cheap fobus paddle holsters and they have never scratched any of the guns that fit them. But as soon as i went to a belt loop style BH CQC, it strated wearing it down to bare metal. I was just wondering what the difference was between the injection molded plastic and kydex. The material even looks different though. I dont know.
    Glock 17
    Glock 19

I'm guessing you're wanting IWB holsters? High Noon has great holsters for an excellent price I carry my XD 45 4" in one of those no problem. I usually use it for when I need to have quick on/off capability of the holster. I'm smaller than you @ 5'6" and 155lbs and the XD conceals fine with the HN holster. Its the Bare asset btw I like my holsters canted, conceals easier and speeds draw time. Currently on my hip is a security six revolver. You can conceal anything just have to be willing to work a bit on it. If you're looking for economical OWB then Don Hume has excellent products. I have one of their 721OT holsters for all my carry guns and its what i use the most

Well, I can tell you that I had a Glock 26 for exatly one month. I bought a Crossbreed Supertuck for it. I kept the Supertuck when I sold the Glock. I use it for my 1911's and my Kel Tec PF-9. It also fit a CZ-2075 RAMI when I had that too.

The Kel Tec is a little loose in there, but when you put it on, cinch up your belt, that thing is real nice and tight. It ain't going anywhere. I LOVE my Supertuck

Emrah

you know i looked at that but they seem really wide. I mean its alot of material to be dealing with.
    Glock 17
    Glock 19

It looks that way, but when it's on it really wraps around you. It is BY FAR the most comfortable holster I've ever used. I have Milt Sparks Summer Special II holsters for my 1911's that I never wear anymore. You really have to take a leap of faith with the Supertuck. Once you wear it for a week, you'll never want to take it off. They are THAT comfortable.

Emrah

Huh, ok ill have to look into that. Im already itch'n for another Glock though. I want a 19 now. With the glock i dont care if it gets scratched or droped or nicked, cause i know i can pick it up and keep going. But my Kimber (smallest in my gun family at the moment) is just to pretty and im affraid i might breath on it or something. lol But ok, supertuck. Ill check it out a little more. Thank you.
    Glock 17
    Glock 19

GOOD holsters are made for one specific gun, or gun family in the case of a slide holster. They are boned to the shape which gives it retention. If you want a multiple-gun holster, Uncle Mikes is your friend. They are sold by size, not specific guns. Just about the junkiest holsters out there, but you've obtained your goal.
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

What about the ctac or mtac. They are like the crossbreed but you can order different kydex bodies to swap out for all of your guns. Buy it for $80 or whatever it is then its only like $40 for the other bodies. I have two crossbreeds on order right now as I thought they seemed to be the fav of alot of people but if you only want one holster you might look into it.

Comp-Tac : Top-Quality Firearm Accessories

I personally have never used or even seen this holster but I have heard good things about them and they are tuckable too. I think only like a 7 day turnaround time too which is good.

Az Husker- NO. Not one holster fits all, i should have said different holsters for different guns. Every gun i have has its own holster. I Was just looking to see what everyone was using for thier type of gun and get some reviews.

Dtprb- Thats pretty cool. Interchangable bodies. I like that. Im just concerned with the fact it will destroy the finish of this brand new pistol. Thast my only reason for looking at more leather then any onther, unless whatever kydex is wont scratch this up.
    Glock 17
    Glock 19

I also didn't mean to imply that you should get a Supertuck BECAUSE it fits all guns. I just meant that with my particular holster it worked out really well that I could carry the guns other than the Glock I had. Your results may vary.

Emrah

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links