What would you do? - Page 2

What would you do?

This is a discussion on What would you do? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by C Bennett What would you do...wait on the Brownells back order list for the MS SS2 or just cancel and get the ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by C Bennett View Post
    What would you do...wait on the Brownells back order list for the MS SS2 or just cancel and get the Crossbreed?
    Well...I love my Crossbreed after wearing it about 3 months.

I have also been married a bit over 30 years and have found that cancelling an order for a gift from my wife is not always a really sharp idea.

You know your wife better than any of us...
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound.

-- L. Neil Smith

no its no biggie on her part she would not know one from the other...plus id just say they(Sparks) keep giving a run around and canceling/moving back the order...a

oh and if I get the crossbreed it would probably be the quik clip or what ever just looks more manageable to me

Quote Originally Posted by C Bennett View Post
    no its no biggie on her part she would not know one from the other...plus id just say they(Sparks) keep giving a run around and canceling/moving back the order...a

oh and if I get the crossbreed it would probably be the quik clip or what ever just looks more manageable to me
    That, sir, is baloney! We arenít giving anybody the runaround and I resent your implying that we are.

The last time we spoke with Brownells was a couple weeks prior and at that time nobody from Brownells asked for a Glock order to be pushed ahead. Right now, Iím working on a Commander order for Brownellís and I have no plan to start another order for at least a few more weeks. Whether that next order turns out to be for the Glock or not will depend on which order is next in line for them. But I can tell you that your middle of March (or else) deadline isnít going to be met, so I might really suggest just cancelling the order and going with something else. Save yourself any further frustration. For any misunderstanding on their part in their communication with you, I appologize.

Maybe perhaps, find someone who will make you a holster that is actually made for the SR9 and not just fudge it with a holster made for the Glock. That is what we would do if someone were to order a holster for a SR9 direct from us. I wouldn't even accept an order for a holster if that person made it clear at the time of ordering that they intended to use a completely different make and model in it.

Anyway, good luck! I'm sure there's someone out there who can help you.

And just for the record, Brownellís places their orders and waits in line just like everybody else. The order of theirs that Iím working on right now is over 8 months old.

T
    Second Best is not an option

OD*
    Tony, you really are a stand-up guy in my book.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow. End the cycle of hatred, donít give them a tomorrow."

Quote Originally Posted by OD* View Post
    Thanks OD! I do try to be anyway.
    Second Best is not an option

Quote Originally Posted by T. Kanaley View Post
    That, sir, is baloney! We arenít giving anybody the runaround and I resent your implying that we are.

The last time we spoke with Brownells was a couple weeks prior and at that time nobody from Brownells asked for a Glock order to be pushed ahead. Right now, Iím working on a Commander order for Brownellís and I have no plan to start another order for at least a few more weeks. Whether that next order turns out to be for the Glock or not will depend on which order is next in line for them. But I can tell you that your middle of March (or else) deadline isnít going to be met, so I might really suggest just cancelling the order and going with something else. Save yourself any further frustration. For any misunderstanding on their part in their communication with you, I appologize.

Maybe perhaps, find someone who will make you a holster that is actually made for the SR9 and not just fudge it with a holster made for the Glock. That is what we would do if someone were to order a holster for a SR9 direct from us. I wouldn't even accept an order for a holster if that person made it clear at the time of ordering that they intended to use a completely different make and model in it.

Anyway, good luck! I'm sure there's someone out there who can help you.

And just for the record, Brownellís places their orders and waits in line just like everybody else. The order of theirs that Iím working on right now is over 8 months old.

T
    agreed, I just canceled it..and as I said they said middle of march was when they were "expecting them" so I will let the holster maker and Brownells work that out between themselves as far as when they will get new ones...because im in the middle as the buyer and at both their mercies or at least both their supply times and I cant tell which is right or wrong so im just gonna get something that will work and is in stock so I can start carrying the gun instead of looking at it while it sits in the safe :) . I cant say whos at fault because I dont know I can only take what ive now heard from both sides...and what ever is right..im no longer woried about as Its a canceled order.

Quote Originally Posted by OD* View Post
    To the OP...sorry for your wait. We are always in to the instant gratification, and want our rigs as soon as we can get them.

That being said. I have spoken with Mr. Kanaley by PM on a few occasions on this forum. He is a standup guy. He personally consulted me on what holster would be best for my needs. Offered for me to call anytime and speak with him directly. Told me if I caught any grief to tell them he had been talking with me about a holster. You dont find that in many premium businesses like Milt Sparks Leather. Congrats to Mr. Kanaley for your clas and professionalism.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Quote Originally Posted by jwhite75 View Post
    To the OP...sorry for your wait. We are always in to the instant gratification, and want our rigs as soon as we can get them.

That being said. I have spoken with Mr. Kanaley by PM on a few occasions on this forum. He is a standup guy. He personally consulted me on what holster would be best for my needs. Offered for me to call anytime and speak with him directly. Told me if I caught any grief to tell them he had been talking with me about a holster. You dont find that in many premium businesses like Milt Sparks Leather. Congrats to Mr. Kanaley for your clas and professionalism.
    agreed, ive always admired his stuff. If I ever get a time I can wait for a holster he is near the top of the list...unfortunately for someone like me thats on a budget and has only 2 handguns(that are not .22's) to his name and only the Taurus CH85 revolver is of any real use right now..all I can do with the Ruger is look at it in the safe and say...man I wish I could really carry you but I dont have a holster for you and the longer it takes to get one the longer you sit in the safe unused. So the waiting game really was not anything I could do at the time I really needed something in the near future. When I had ordered the Summer Special2 I was told 2 weeks was all id wait...so I was very happy...I was gonna get a good holster at a good price($75) in 2 weeks...then after 2 weeks I called and got told 2 more weeks till middle of March and that that was not even a guaranteed time...so instead of waiting...gun sitting unable to be used in safe I canceled the order and went with a Crossbreed Super Tuck...I cant stand the way they look but you guys sure review them well..I guess I cant go wrong though if I dont like it I can send it back..

when I asked Brownells what was up with it going from end of Feb to middle of March they said it was the manufacturer not them they didnt get a shipment...what else can I say but what im told...all I know was that I was not getting a holster no matter the reason or any fault or not...and as I said they still said even today 1/2 hour ago when I canceled that middle of March was the date....could you see or understand how irate I would have been when that may have gotten pushed back yet again??

well anyways fingers crossed that I get and like the Crossbreed ST...in a good amount of time :)

The CrossBreed you can be sure will be in your door faster than you think :-) That is one very fast company. Enjoy the LifeSavers too :-)
    Walther P99 AS full size 9mm
    Kahr P9 compact 9mm

NRA
    Michigan Sheriff's Association
    ďThe key is to hit them hard, hit them fast, and hit them repeatedly. The one shot stop is a unit of measurement not a tactical philosophy.Ē Evan Marshall

Quote Originally Posted by mel5051 View Post
    The CrossBreed you can be sure will be in your door faster than you think :-) That is one very fast company. Enjoy the LifeSavers too :-)
    thats what im counting on...I had the money for a nice hand taylored holster I just didnt have the time to wait for one to be made..it was get something that would be made so I can carry the gun or leave the gun in the safe 20 weeks lol :) I am hoping I like it. I at least know it will help me be able to CC the gun in a reasonable amount of time. and once I have that one some day down the line I can order me a fancy one..maybe..I normally only get 1 holster per gun..if they work they work..no need for another :) .

What would I do?

I would have ordered from Fist HOLSTERS, and I would have been wearing it 4 weeks later.
    You asked, I'm just sayin'...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links