What would you do?

This is a discussion on What would you do? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ok I wanted a Holster for my new Ruger SR9c. I had been looking around asking questions and doing my due diligence to make sure ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What would you do?

What would you do?

Ok I wanted a Holster for my new Ruger SR9c. I had been looking around asking questions and doing my due diligence to make sure I get the right holster..id been bookmarking all my choices...I was about to order one when I got home on Valentines day and my wife said

"dont order a holster I ordered you one for Valentines day present"

she had looked through my bookmarked holsters and picked one out and ordered..it was a Milt Sparks Summer Special2 from Brownells...on Monday after Valentines I called about it to check on it because it was on "backorder" the lady said...its on backorder BUT it will be in at end of Feb and there are less backorders than there is supply coming in so you will definitely get one..I was happy and said thats fine.

So today 3/1 I call just to see when it will arrive and lady I get says its on backorder and will not come in till middle of March...I said then why beck on Feb 15th did you guys say it would be in at the end of Feb?? she didnt have much to say and said...I dont know anything about that but its supposed to be back in stock in the middle of the month...

Well now my dilema is I am starting to feel like Brownells is giving me the run around. First its it will be in and shipped out by end of Feb.call March 1st and now its it wont even be in stock till middle of month...am I just gonna get told in the Middle of March when I call...now its gonna be end of march??? this BTW was my first Brownells order and it was a decent enough price at $75(after LE discount)..so am I just getting strung along ???

so should I just wait the 2 weeks till middle of month with gun sitting in the safe and hope they dont try to skrew me again or should I just cancell that order and get the other Holster I was going to order which was the Crossbreed combat cut?? those seem to at least go out in short order from what ive seen .

What would you do...wait on the Brownells back order list for the MS SS2 or just cancel and get the Crossbreed?

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    I'm a very happy CrossBreed customer, and would recommend them to anyone who wants to carry IWB. I would order the Supertuck whether or not you wait for the Milt Sparks.

JMO

Sigmanluke
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by sigmanluke View Post
    I'm a very happy CrossBreed customer, and would recommend them to anyone who wants to carry IWB. I would order the Supertuck whether or not you wait for the Milt Sparks.

JMO

Sigmanluke
    thats not a option I have $75 to spend on a Valentines present thats all..plus to be honest I only have 1 holster per weapon not a drawer full :) .

VIP Member
    I'm not familiar with the SS2, is it an IWB, OWB, or convertible?

If you really want an IWB, the ONLY one I will ever recommend is the Supertuck. Very comfortable, great concealment, great company (cusomer service). You can try it for 2 weeks, and if you don't like, it send it back for a full refund.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

its a IWB holster

http://www.miltsparks.com/SS-2.htm

I dont really have any use or need for anything really tuckable unless it was just like that naturally I dont have anything I tuck my shirt in for :) .

I have a Milt Sparks holster, and I love it. However, Milt Sparks has been (for over a year) about 6 months out on their orders. It took about 5 months for me to get my holster over a year ago. It took 6 months to get some mag pouches (that just arrived). Their service is excellent (other than the wait).

I don't know what kind of deal Browning has -- maybe they placed an order months ago.

I'm a fan of Milt Sparks. I've spent a lot of time waiting.

I wonder if Milt Sparks could tell you when Browning's next order will ship?

VIP Member
    I rarely tuck in my shirt while wearing my Supertuck, but if I had the need to I could. It's a nice option to have, but by far not my favorite thing about the holster.
    Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by ourwebstop View Post
    I have a Milt Sparks holster, and I love it. However, Milt Sparks has been (for over a year) about 6 months out on their orders. It took about 5 months for me to get my holster over a year ago. It took 6 months to get some mag pouches (that just arrived). Their service is excellent (other than the wait).

I don't know what kind of deal Browning has -- maybe they placed an order months ago.

I'm a fan of Milt Sparks. I've spent a lot of time waiting.

I wonder if Milt Sparks could tell you when Browning's next order will ship?
    yes they must have them pre ordered. guys have been using the Glock 19/23 holster fir the SR9c with success and thats what id ordered...actually if you had a glock 17/22 or a 1911 they have them in immediate stock for delivery no waiting..thats why I was kinda upset when they said end of Feb then I called expecting to get a arrival date and hear it had been shipped only to get told middle of March now.....

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=9...MMER_SPECIAL_2

and yeah I just called back and found out the delay was on the Sparks end they said that they called them up and they said they could not meet the Feb time frame...and they said that even the middle of March time frame that they gave me was no guarantee...uggh

Quote Originally Posted by C Bennett View Post
    ..............Well now my dilema is I am starting to feel like Brownells is giving me the run around. First its it will be in and shipped out by end of Feb.call March 1st and now its it wont even be in stock till middle of month...am I just gonna get told in the Middle of March when I call...now its gonna be end of march??? this BTW was my first Brownells order and it was a decent enough price at $75(after LE discount)..so am I just getting strung along ???..........
    Whether you wait or don't on the new holster is up to you. I'll only say that in my experience, Brownells is beyond reproach. They are one of the finest companies I've ever dealt with and you can feel confident that if there is a delay, it's not on their end. It's on the supplier's end.

Hoss
    Sig 239 SAS 40 S&W / Sig 239 9mm / Kahr PM-9 / Walther PPS .40 / Sig P-245 / Ruger LCP
    Beretta Tomcat / Walther PPK / BDA 380 / Taurus 85 / Kel-Tec PF-9 / Am. Derringer 357

NRA Life Member
    My Web Site

Quote Originally Posted by cvhoss View Post
    Whether you wait or don't on the new holster is up to you. I'll only say that in my experience, Brownells is beyond reproach. They are one of the finest companies I've ever dealt with and you can feel confident that if there is a delay, it's not on their end. It's on the supplier's end.

Hoss
    yeah its on the suppliers they said. I just hate having a new CC gun sitting in the safe while i wait on a holster :( . but as you said ts not their fault. I guess I will give them 2 weeks then im done with it and just gonna get the other holster. VERY FRUSTRATING!

If you're in a hurry to carry your new gun, I can recommend the MTAC Minotaur from Comp-Tac. I ordered one of these for my Sig 239 to use when I need to tuck my shirt and it is very comfortable and was delivered in about 10 days. One big advantage is that you can order spare bodies for $38.00 (current price) so you can always change the holster to fit something else.

Hoss
    Sig 239 SAS 40 S&W / Sig 239 9mm / Kahr PM-9 / Walther PPS .40 / Sig P-245 / Ruger LCP
    Beretta Tomcat / Walther PPK / BDA 380 / Taurus 85 / Kel-Tec PF-9 / Am. Derringer 357

NRA Life Member
    My Web Site

Ok here is a update. I could do one of 3-4 things let me know what you think. I think either way im going to cancel the order for the Sparks Summer Special 2 im just not gonna keep waiting for something to hopefully be in stock someday. my options are Stick With Brownells and for the same price get one of these 2 instead

Mitch Rosen ARG Holster
    MITCH ROSEN GUNLEATHER, LLC : ARG, AMERICAN REAR GUARD HOLSTER - World's Largest Supplier of Firearm Accessories, Gun Parts and Gunsmithing Tools

Mitch Rosen Premier
    http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=2...REMIER_HOLSTER

Crossbreed Quik Clip
    http://www.crossbreedholsters.com/IW...%2cProductName

right now all seem to be in stock so should be quick shipping on any..the quik clip would be for the SR9 so it should fit the SR9c fine I assume and the Mitch Rosen would be in the Glock 19/23 version(both in stock) which over on the Ruger board they say that the Summer Special(that id originaly ordered) fit just fine in almost as if it was made for it...I can vouch that the Ruger SR9c almost fit perfectly in the Kydex RM lowrider I had it just would not "click" in like the Glock did and I was thinking if it had been a softer leather it would have been fine... well thats what im dealing with...any suggestions??

I would stay away from the Rosen holsters unless specifically made for your weapon. While the SR9 may fit nicely in a Glock holster of the summer special type it will not be the case with one of Rosen's holsters as they are tightly formed to the specific weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Denster View Post
    I would stay away from the Rosen holsters unless specifically made for your weapon. While the SR9 may fit nicely in a Glock holster of the summer special type it will not be the case with one of Rosen's holsters as they are tightly formed to the specific weapon.
    I was afraid of that...man i just cant win lol i mean I may as well get a frakin clip draw for it cause its down to a choice of holsters I hate the look of but are in stock or stuff that I cant get for MONTHS lol this REALLY REALLY sucks! I like holsters that are easy to get on and off and that are not huge.

VIP Member
    Although the Supertuck is quite large looking, once you get it, it doesn't appear so big. Also, no one else is going to see it since it's an IWB. The size of it helps with comfort and concealment.
    Thomas Jefferson

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links