Another Crossbreed review...

This is a discussion on Another Crossbreed review... within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Got my Supertuck in about 2 weeks- for an H&K P7. It's without a doubt the most comfortable and easily concealed holster I've ever had. ...

Thread: Another Crossbreed review...

Distinguished Member Array Madcap_Magician's Avatar

Another Crossbreed review...

Got my Supertuck in about 2 weeks- for an H&K P7.

It's without a doubt the most comfortable and easily concealed holster I've ever had.

The body shield feels great- I might cut away some from the bottom to make it more comfortable to sit down with the gun in the 3:00 position, but that's about it.

Easy to draw.

Conceals extremely well in my work clothes- shirt and tie with dress slacks. Even better in every day clothes.

I'm going to get one for all my CC guns!

2. Remove Ads

I love mine i now have three of them.
    Glock 36, 20, 30, 29, PX4 Storm SC 9mm, Colt Delta Elite, Colt Agent, Sig C3, Kimber CDP 2, Firestar 40

"Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth" - George Washington
    Remember the first rule of gunfighting... "have a gun." - Jeff Cooper

we need pics of concealment under cloths.

supertuck

do you know if the clips can replaced with something that doesn't have the crosses on them?

Yeah It takes a couple weeks for the leather to brake in and curve around the hip.

I put mine on at 6:00am and after driving 60 miles, walking through a shopping mall, stopping at a restaurant for lunch, stopping at Walmart, stopping at an auto parts store, washing my truck, sweeping & mopping the garage floor (1000sqft), cooking on the grill and now sitting at the computer... I still can't tell my 1911's holstered at 3:30!

Love the Supertuck

I'm tired

Quote Originally Posted by spar10 View Post
    do you know if the clips can replaced with something that doesn't have the crosses on them?
    Well you can get the j=clips with your order just look for clips before you finial your order..5 bucks extra

goes under the belt...

If you want them, IMO you really dont see the cross on the snap clips.....
    XDM 40cal bitoneXD40SC BitoneBersa 380.
    NRA RSO
    NRA EPL Member
    "I don't carry a gun because I'm paranoid.
    I carry a gun because there are real threats in the world."

Quote Originally Posted by XDM40cal View Post
    Well you can get the j=clips with your order just look for clips before you finial your order..5 bucks extra

goes under the belt...

If you want them, IMO you really dont see the cross on the snap clips.....
    thanks xdm! saw the j-clips on the site. is there any difference other than no crosses? definitely worth the 5 bucks if they're the same. they should offer them as a free alternative if that's the case.

Distinguished Member Array jumpwing's Avatar
    j-clips go over the waistband of your pants, then down behind the belt (not over the belt). The "J" is a lip that comes up under the belt to keep the holster in place when you draw. The only downside to this type of clip is that the weight of your rig is essentially borne by the waist of the pants and not the belt.
    "The flock sleep peaceably in their pasture at night because Sheepdogs stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    cafepress.com/bgstudios

Quote Originally Posted by jumpwing View Post
    j-clips go over the waistband of your pants, then down behind the belt (not over the belt). The "J" is a lip that comes up under the belt to keep the holster in place when you draw. The only downside to this type of clip is that the weight of your rig is essentially borne by the waist of the pants and not the belt.
    That's What i though, (cross) really doesn't bother me....

as i said you cant really see them...IMO unless your friends,family GF,etc is really looking at your paints alot.
    NRA RSO
    NRA EPL Member

They also make a clip that velcros to the back of the belt. I forget the name of it but you can get their belt with the velcro or add velcro to your belt and you can't see the clips at all. Very sturdy they say. I just ordered two of the super tucks. one for my 1911 and one for my m&p40c. I'll let you know how I like them when I get them in (less than the 3 weeks they said hopefully.)

VIP Member
    I use the "J-clips", and have absolutely no complaints about them. I wore the holster for the first 2 weeks with the standard clips, then changed them over to the "J-clips". I could not and can not feel a difference in the way the holster carries.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

thanks xdm! saw the j-clips on the site. is there any difference other than no crosses? definitely worth the 5 bucks if they're the same. they should offer them as a free alternative if that's the case.
    The regular clips are metal; all the others are thick Kydex.

Unless you are carrying with a shirt tucked, the clips never show. Even if they do show, the only people who ever notice them are other shooters who know what they are.
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

As far as the crosses go to me it just tells people you believe in God. and unless they are shooters they won't know the difference.
    NRA Member

Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.

As for the Cross on the clips there really small and you only see them if you look really hard at them, wore mine for 2days this week and knowone saw or ask me whats that....

IMO the crossbreed is a sweet holster.
    NRA RSO
    NRA EPL Member

Links