Thunderwear or FIST and a Glock 26?

This is a discussion on Thunderwear or FIST and a Glock 26? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; What is everyone's thoughts on Thunderwear? I've pretty much explored all possible options to carry at my new job without anyone finding out, and this ...

Thread: Thunderwear or FIST and a Glock 26?

Thunderwear or FIST and a Glock 26?

What is everyone's thoughts on Thunderwear? I've pretty much explored all possible options to carry at my new job without anyone finding out, and this seems to be the best option. It's going to allow me to tuck my uniform in, and still have access to a weapon. I was looking at the FIST Inc. tuckable IWB holsters, but I've never used a tuckable holster before, and I don't know hwo well the shirt stays tucked in.

Basically, what do you guys think would be my best option? I'm worried about the FISt holster allowing my shirt to become untucked, and I'm also worried about the Thunderwear not allowing a "fast as possible" draw?

I'm also open to suggestions. What I need is a IWB holster that goes in front, and can accomidate a G26.
    "There are more things on this planet with fangs, claws, poisons, and scales, than there are things that are warm, fuzzy, and full of love. It's just a simple fact." - James Keating

2. Remove Ads

btt
    "There are more things on this planet with fangs, claws, poisons, and scales, than there are things that are warm, fuzzy, and full of love. It's just a simple fact." - James Keating

I've used TW and if getting caught mean getting fired... I'd use it over any tuckable.

The speed difference is not enough to matter after you practice and I feel the TW has an advantage as the shirt clears away from the front better than 3-5 o'-clock.

Sucking your gut in leaves a lot of space that pulling a shirt up from the side or 5 position can't.

A belly band is another option, but the TW was more comfortable to me and I plan to get another for my G17 for church carry myself.

What about a keltec for in the pocket carry while at work? I don't think you can get more comfortable than that....even though it will mean sacrificing accuracy past say 15 yards or so. Guess it depends on how likely the threat is at work.
    -Bill

"Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it."

You can always go that route also, but if at work a disgruntled employee is your worry or a robbery, then you gotta ask... Is a Kel-Tec enough?

If it is, then why carry something larger elsewhere?

If you just want to "have a gun when you can't" then the Kel-Tec fits the bill, but you can carry a lot more fire power and a reliable gun like the G26 in TW just as easily.

I have carried a G26 in front using a FIST #3 deep cover clip holster. This holster puts the gun well below the beltline so that nothing is visible except the black metal clip. This is a good news - bad news situation in my experience. The good news is that this offers a really deep cover concealment system. The bad news is that it does not offer a particularly fast draw (takes some practice) although, I did not find it any slower nor more cumbersome than using a Smartcarry. FWIW
    GOOD SHOOTING
    ALWAYS PROTECT YOUR VISION AND HEARING
    De gustibus non est disputandem

The advantage is a "hard" trigger guard" that the TW does not offer.

You can camo it a bit by adding a cell phone clip to it also.

I carry my Glock 26 in SmartCarry (just like Thunderwear) quite often. You can't conceal it any better, and it is accessible. There will be those that bring forth all the "gloom n' doom" about a slower draw, but it sure beats being unarmed!

If in doubt, order SmartCarry and try it out, for they offer a 60-day trial period. http://www.smartcarry.com/

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyC
    I carry my Glock 26 in SmartCarry (just like Thunderwear) quite often. You can't conceal it any better, and it is accessible. There will be those that bring forth all the "gloom n' doom" about a slower draw, but it sure beats being unarmed!

If in doubt, order SmartCarry and try it out, for they offer a 60-day trial period. http://www.smartcarry.com/
    I too use SmartCarry in certain situations, when a holster would not work, such as sweatpants, shorts without a belt and a tee. It does provide concealment and it much better than being unarmed.

Distinguished Member Array snowdoctor's Avatar
    +1 country 85
    I use a smart carry on occassion and really like it. I usually have it on with sweats or running shorts etc. but have to problems. I find it rather comfortable, and holds my pt140 or 642 nicely. nothing is better for deep concealment.
    with practice, it isn't too slow,and some finger control to clear the holster is a necessity...if you know what I mean. but practice fixes both.
    ----DOC-----

--people ask why I carry, and I show them this picture. I think it says it all.--

NRA Certified Instructor--many disciplines

Any possibility of the G26 coming out of either the ThunderWear or Smart Carry?

btt

Yep, it could fall out if you stand on your head! Otherwise, gravity holds it firmly in place.

Rather than seeking more opinions, try out SmartCarry on their 60-day trial offer...then make a decision.
    Last edited by JimmyC4; May 27th, 2006 at 07:49 PM.

Distinguished Member Array fed_wif_a_sig's Avatar
    Guess I'll scream about my earlier posting and pictures describing the UC Comfort t-shirt holster. I wear dress slacks and dress shirt tucked in every day at work and carrying a semi auto, two extra mags, flashlight, cuffs, knives (yes two) and a expandable batton all very concealed and noone has ever spoted it.

Here is the link to the previous post that has pictures.

http://www.combatcarry.com/vbulletin...?t=7233&page=3

Read post #29.

BTW I have two SmartCarry rigs that were issued and a few of our guys like them. I dont. Tried them but for me I wasnt as comfortable with them and I draw alot faster with the UC Comfort than I did with the SmartCarry in simulation exercises.

Your choice but something to mull over.

Steve
    Steve
    "Respect all ... Fear none!!!

Links