New leather orders.

New leather orders.

This is a discussion on New leather orders. within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've been looking for a good shoulder rig for a long time now and I finally decided on one today - Matt Del Fatti's "SR" ...

New leather orders.

I've been looking for a good shoulder rig for a long time now and I finally decided on one today - Matt Del Fatti's "SR" horizontal rig for my Combat Commander. I emailed Matt yesterday evening and had a response this morning from his daughter Gina. I called to give my CC and shipping info and to discuss a few options. Both Matt and Gina were great to deal with, as are ALL of our leather experts here. Delivery will be roughly one year with no billing until the work is started - that's perfectly fine with me since I know that on the front end. Besides, I don't even have the gun yet. Shortly after placing my order I got a confirmation email from Gina in a downloadable PDF format - nice idea!

The link shows what mine will look like except it'll have a thumb break (for C&L carry) and the harness will be a closer match to the holster. The leather shown is undyed horse hide (but with a cow hide harness) - LOVE THAT COLOR!!!
    http://www.delfatti.com/photos/photos/109.JPG

If you can stand the wait for delivery, they're great folks to do business with.

I'll also be calling Gary & Remy after Wednesday to place my order for a SG Def-Con. Just have to decide if I want it for my Mil-Spec, Commander or J-frame.... Oy the confusion!

Lastly, I'm expecting a full rig for my J-frame from Eric any day now as well. That one's gonna be a beauty too with its "Distressed Brown" finish, it should look like a well worn bomber's jacket.

Pics will of course be following as the orders arrive.
    Jack
    Last edited by maclean3; May 27th, 2006 at 09:00 AM.

Senior Member Array ssssthesnake's Avatar
    right on i need to get to ordering some leather but the bank is a little low right now with the springer buy

Assistant Administrator
    Jack ''Leatherman" Maclean - sounds to me like you will be all kitted out once all this stuff comes thru

My only outstanding rig order I think is a belt slide for my Step daughter, so she can belt carry her Bersa. Kevin is so busy right now tho, I dare not add to his load.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

I have always had a question about a shoulder holster. Maybe someone here can help me a bit. I am 6'3" and weight in at 300 pounds. Can a good shoulder holster be made to adjust to my large size?
    GOOD SHOOTING
    ALWAYS PROTECT YOUR VISION AND HEARING
    De gustibus non est disputandem

Assistant Administrator
    In theory it should be well possible. Main deal IMO will be having enough adjustment on the straps to suit size - which is in effect your chest size.

Most rigs too have some adjustment for actual holster carry height too. Best might be to make inquiries and quote your dimensions - at worst, just might need more spare strap length.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Quote Originally Posted by maclean3
    I've been looking for a good shoulder rig for a long time now and I finally decided on one today - Matt Del Fatti's "SR" horizontal rig for my Combat Commander. I emailed Matti yesterday evening and had a response this morning from his daughter Gina. I called to give my CC and shipping info and to discuss a few options. Both Matt and Gina were great to deal with, as are ALL of our leather experts here. Delivery will be roughly one year with no billing until the work is started - that's perfectly fine with me since I know that on the front end. Besides, I don't even have the gun yet. Shortly after placing my order I got a confirmation email from Gina in a downloadable PDF format - nice idea!

The link shows what mine will look like except it'll have a thumb break (for C&L carry) and the harness will be a closer match to the holster. The leather shown is undyed horse hide (but with a cow hide harness) - LOVE THAT COLOR!!!
    http://www.delfatti.com/photos/photos/109.JPG

If you can stand the wait for delivery, they're great folks to do business with.

Jack
    Hey Jack:
    Thank you for the order and I'm glad to hear you're happy with the service SO FAR.

Thanks for taking my order Matt, I know you're busy with previous orders. Gina was great to deal with, she needs a raise LOL. It's usually easier to reach me through email if any problems or questions pop up, since we're in and out pretty much non stop. Other than that, just build it like it was for yourself and I'll be a happy camper.
    Jack

Links