just ordered a minotaur mtac

This is a discussion on just ordered a minotaur mtac within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am undecided between the MTAC and CBST... the supertuck touts the horsehide for humid climates and sweaty people. Anyone here wear the MTAC where ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 30 of 30

Thread: just ordered a minotaur mtac

  1. #16
    Member Array HuttoAg96's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    132

    How does it work in humid climates?

    I am undecided between the MTAC and CBST... the supertuck touts the horsehide for humid climates and sweaty people. Anyone here wear the MTAC where it is really humid?

  2. Remove Ads

  3. #17
    Member Array bowzette's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Huntsville, TX
    Posts
    91
    Quote Originally Posted by HuttoAg96 View Post
    I am undecided between the MTAC and CBST... the supertuck touts the horsehide for humid climates and sweaty people. Anyone here wear the MTAC where it is really humid?
    I'm in Texas, really humid, and trying to decide. To further complicate matters I read a post somewhere that the poster thought the Crossbreed and MTAC did not trim away sufficient material between the trigger guard and grip. His position was that The Answer by Tucker, apparently the first designer of this type of holster, was superior. Any MTAC or Crossbreed owners find if difficult to grasp the gun with a proper grip due to not enough material trimed from the trigger guard area? The Crossbreed has a lifetime warranty and the MTAC is only a year. On the other hand several posters here had the Crossbreed and didn't like it and went with a MTAC and love it. I spent minutes deciding on the G 19 and weeks debating which holster

  4. #18
    VIP Member Array tokerblue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    2,334
    Quote Originally Posted by bowzette View Post
    Any MTAC or Crossbreed owners find if difficult to grasp the gun with a proper grip due to not enough material trimed from the trigger guard area?
    - I don't have a problem drawing a Kahr PM9 with a Crossbreed MiniTuck. The PM9 has one of the shortest grips of any 9mm's.

    I was initially interested in a C-Tac or M-Tac, but they didn't make a holster to accomodate the Kahr with a Crimson Trace LaserGuard at the time. I'm not sure if they offer one now.

  5. #19
    Member Array oneton's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    hell
    Posts
    69
    i have a mtac,along with a couple other 'hybrid'(brands) holsters.before i got the mtac i looked at a friends supertuck,what a cheap cheesy design.flimsy thin and so on. i had read alot of great reviews on them until i held it,then changed my mind and ordered the mtac,you can order the mtac with the horsehide backing thats what i did on all of my hybrids.i have been trying to decide on another holster and it is between pk and 'the answer' by tucker

  6. #20
    Member Array spar10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    86
    Quote Originally Posted by oneton View Post
    i have a mtac,along with a couple other 'hybrid'(brands) holsters.before i got the mtac i looked at a friends supertuck,what a cheap cheesy design.flimsy thin and so on. i had read alot of great reviews on them until i held it,then changed my mind and ordered the mtac,you can order the mtac with the horsehide backing thats what i did on all of my hybrids.i have been trying to decide on another holster and it is between pk and 'the answer' by tucker
    i've never held a supertuck but i've seen just about every picture and youtube video on them and that's exactly my thought. there are so many positive reviews on the cb supertuck i couldn't figure out what i was missing. everything about the mtac is nicer and the finish of the entire holster is top notch. the mtac is a no-brainer. couldn't be happier with mine!

  7. #21
    Member Array davidw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    414

    MTAC just broke

    I love my MTAC but tonight when I was taking it off it broke. The piece that hold the clip on is gone and I don't think I can replace it myself. I have attached a picture
    Attached Images

  8. #22
    Senior Member Array unloved's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Southeastern Pennsylvania
    Posts
    568
    Quote Originally Posted by davidw View Post
    I love my MTAC but tonight when I was taking it off it broke. The piece that hold the clip on is gone and I don't think I can replace it myself. I have attached a picture
    Is the t-nut broken, or did the screw just fall out? I can't tell from your photo. If it's broken, I expect that Comp-Tac will make it right.

  9. #23
    Member Array impactwrench's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    28
    I ordered the MTAC XD holster with the slide option, in case I (likely) get an XDsc in 9 or 40 in the future. But for now I will try it for my XD9 service. This will be my first time trying IWB. For now I just have the LCP in a desantis nemesis.

  10. #24
    Member Array davidw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    414
    Quote Originally Posted by unloved View Post
    Is the t-nut broken, or did the screw just fall out? I can't tell from your photo. If it's broken, I expect that Comp-Tac will make it right.
    Don't know what broke or fell off. Just this little metal nub there now. I emailed them tonight. I would think they would fix it quickly and expidite it back to me. Great holster.

  11. #25
    Member Array hre814's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    20
    It looks like the screw just came out. What remains looks like the threaded female end, correct? a long screw with a thick rubber washer goes in between like the other side. Did it come off and the screw get lost? Have you tried to put the other side's screw into that end? If it works, I am sure Comp-Tac would send you an extra screw and washer. If not, i am sure they will fix it under their warranty

  12. #26
    Member Array oneton's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    hell
    Posts
    69
    Quote Originally Posted by spar10 View Post
    i've never held a supertuck but i've seen just about every picture and youtube video on them and that's exactly my thought. there are so many positive reviews on the cb supertuck i couldn't figure out what i was missing. everything about the mtac is nicer and the finish of the entire holster is top notch. the mtac is a no-brainer. couldn't be happier with mine!
    exactly,i looked around for awhile before i ordered my mtac.everybody was raving about crossbreed,i thought i have to see one then i found one local and was like no,then looked at mtac and made my decision

    i think you will be happy with the mtac...my .02

  13. #27
    Member Array jvteach77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Cumming, GA
    Posts
    35

    Got one too

    I ordered mine last Thursday the 18th. It is still listed as "in production" on their website. I'm trying hard to be patient, but I'm really eager to get it.

  14. #28
    Senior Member Array unloved's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Southeastern Pennsylvania
    Posts
    568
    Quote Originally Posted by hre814 View Post
    It looks like the screw just came out.
    I think so, too.




    I'd just contact Comp-Tac. I'd bet they'd send you a new screw and rubber spacer free of charge. Use some blue thread lock on all the fasteners in your holster to keep it from happening again.

  15. #29
    Member Array spar10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    86
    Quote Originally Posted by jvteach77 View Post
    I ordered mine last Thursday the 18th. It is still listed as "in production" on their website. I'm trying hard to be patient, but I'm really eager to get it.
    they were right on the money with mine in terms of production time. got an e-mail from them when it was ready saying they'd dropped it off for shipping.

    enjoy it!!

  16. #30
    Member Array Blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    161
    I am sure you will like yours as well as I like mine. Production time was just as they predicted it would be and they will email you when it ships.
    I'm clinging to my guns and religion.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. What do you think about Minotaur MTAC Holster?
    By wilbmeister in forum Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: August 18th, 2010, 03:21 PM
  2. Just ordered a Comp-Tec Minotaur Gladiator
    By cbroth in forum Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: March 23rd, 2010, 12:18 PM
  3. Minotaur MTAC
    By Roland in forum Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: February 23rd, 2010, 05:34 PM
  4. MTAC Minotaur Rubbing
    By cohiba in forum Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: November 23rd, 2009, 09:40 PM
  5. Ordered a Comptac Minotaur MTAC Holster
    By Tangolima600 in forum Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: September 15th, 2009, 03:51 PM

Search tags for this page

minotaur gladiator review for m&p s&w
,
minotaur gladiator vs mtac
,
minotaur kydex changeout
,
minotaur mtac for xd9 with crimson trace laserguard
,

minotaur mtac s&w m&p 45

,
mintaur crimson trace
,

mtac gladiator

,
mtac m&p slide
,
mtac m&p slide for .45
,

mtac or crossbreed for kahr pm9

,

mtac vs gladiator

,
mtac xd slide fit
,
mtac xd slide review
,
slide version of the mtac
,
xd slide mtac
Click on a term to search for related topics.