The SIXTO project UPDATED! High Noon has delivered! - Page 3

The SIXTO project UPDATED! High Noon has delivered!

This is a discussion on The SIXTO project UPDATED! High Noon has delivered! within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Sixto. I would also go with the Crossbreed as I have a PF-9 in one. Mark puts out a good product with a two week ...

View Poll Results: Who would you like to see me do a review of first?

Voters
192. You may not vote on this poll
  • Milt Sparks

33 17.19%
  • Crossbreed

73 38.02%
  • Pure Kustom

46 23.96%
  • Side Guard

10 5.21%
  • Occidental

10 5.21%
  • High Noon

20 10.42%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The SIXTO project UPDATED! High Noon has delivered!

VIP Member
    Sixto.
    I would also go with the Crossbreed as I have a PF-9 in one. Mark puts out a good product with a two week warranty if your not sadisfied. Thanks.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Del Fatti View Post
    I'm not trying to discourage your efforts. You asked for holster maker's opinions and this is just my 2 cents worth.
    And you know what they say about design by committee
    Intellectually I know you are 100% correct, however, I'm not or ever been a holster maker so I never thought about that in a practical sense. Its not discouraging at all; its exactly what I want to hear from the guys who know. Thanks for taking the time to help.

Quote Originally Posted by Spec View Post
    I would like to see the Blackhawk SERPA line up for a few reason's. The Retention aspect, how inexpensive some of them are, and the durable material they are made of.

Nobody out there has proven to me that these holsters are concealable. I just don't see any reviews done on them that show the CC factor. Thanks for the great Idea.~Spec
    I already have done the SERPA. Its one of the reviews I'm holding back for a few reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Paco View Post
    Id' like to see a review on a CrossBreed by someone who carries a gun as a part of his profession.
    This is the reason I want to do it too. I do carry pretty much ever waking hour. In addition to the normal CCW stuff, I actually do real world draws and holsters a lot. If the design doesn't work as well as the next, I'll know real quick. I also have access to a range that I can do whatever I want. I can draw and shoot from a headstand if I want too.

Quote Originally Posted by Avenger View Post

Here is a suggestion: Why dont we stop this poll and get people who have the same weapon together on here, and share one of each holster for a few weeks and rotate. Everyone buys one, wears it for a few weeks, passes it on to the next person, recieves another holster, repeats the process for another few weeks and then at the end, when that person gets their hoslter back, they ALL write a review. Something to think about and would take some major planning, but its not undoable. I volunteer!

Anyway, what ever you decide, good luck in you endeavor, if you need any help, please feel free to ask. Contrary to popular belief, I am quite knowledgeable on this subject!
    That's actually a really good idea. Maybe we can do something like that in round two.
    I'm already doing something like that with local contacts. I have a few dozen guys involved, and they area all local to me. This makes things a little easier, but I wouldn't mind at all do things across the country. I'm sure a guy who lives in the swamps of Louisiana might have a different perspective than a guy who lives in Alaska.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Senior Member Array Pure Kustom's Avatar

I'd like to see you show us how to purse carry,we will need pics
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

evo
    Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post

Awesome idea
    Benjamin Franklin: "They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security."

I'd happily send you my crossbreed on loan if it'd be useful to you, but it's for a subcompact XD and I know how much you like those... If I'm incorrect and you can use it, lemme know.
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

OK - I'll throw my $0.02 in here. My needs are more "covert" than "concealed" for a variety of reasons. The only carry methods that really work for me are Smartcarry and pocket carry. I've tried IWB, holster t-shirts, fanny packs, etc.

That said - if there is some really concealable holster out there that I don't know about, I'd be interested in reading about it. It would need to work with tucked-in dress shirts, business attire, and casual attire for weekends. Getting "bump frisked" or "hug frisked" is not an option.

Mission impossible?
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

Administrator
    I don't think anyone can carry a 228 in a covert role, no matter the holster. I'd simply choose another pistol for a role like that.
    Remember, I'm only going to do this with a 228 to keep things fair, and give the holster a challenge.

With that being said, I have to put the project on hold for a bit. Some other household things came up this week and funds needed to be diverted there first. I had $500 set aside for the project, but a new sump pump and backup system took a chunk out of that.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    I don't think anyone can carry a 228 in a covert role, no matter the holster. I'd simply choose another pistol for a role like that.
    Remember, I'm only going to do this with a 228 to keep things fair, and give the holster a challenge.

With that being said, I have to put the project on hold for a bit. Some other household things came up this week and funds needed to be diverted there first. I had $500 set aside for the project, but a new sump pump and backup system took a chunk out of that.
    I certainly understand "household obligations," as a recent car repair put a major dent in my holster/gun/ammo budget.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

I would review anything BUT the crossbreed.....Reason, I am suffering from a crossbreed overload. Do a site search...how many times is this thing mentioned, including reviews already done. Yes, a good holster, but yes others exist and not everyone likes a crossbreed...God idea though...wil be interesting
    Led By Love Of Country

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    That's a review I'd pay to see. What say you Sixto?
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

Are you going to do a belt review along with it? Or at least let us know what belt you're using during the project?
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Distinguished Member Array Guardian's Avatar
    I'll be interested in what you put down.
    "I dislike death, however, there are some things I dislike more than death. Therefore, there are times when I will not avoid danger" Mencius"

Administrator
    I'm going to jump start the project here in the next few days, although I'm going to do things slightly different. I wanted to order holsters all at the same time, give initial impressions, then start wearing them one by one. However, some things got in the way, and my budget for the project had to be used else where.
    So, I'm going to do things one at a time. That way my gun fund doesn't take a huge hit. (Its pretty much non existent at the moment)

The belt will be the same for each holster to keep things consistent. I haven't decided what belt to use, but I'm leaning towards a "instructor" type belt. I am open to ideas, I have a few leather gun belts that I use, but none are from well known makers. Growing with Amish has some advantages.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links