The SIXTO project UPDATED! High Noon has delivered!

This is a discussion on The SIXTO project UPDATED! High Noon has delivered! within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I thought I'd stick in my +1 for purse carry review, knowing that Sixto is an unlikely choice to perform it. Actually, my holster needs ...

View Poll Results: Who would you like to see me do a review of first?

Voters
192. You may not vote on this poll
  • Milt Sparks

33 17.19%
  • Crossbreed

73 38.02%
  • Pure Kustom

46 23.96%
  • Side Guard

10 5.21%
  • Occidental

10 5.21%
  • High Noon

20 10.42%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: The SIXTO project UPDATED! High Noon has delivered!

I thought I'd stick in my +1 for purse carry review, knowing that Sixto is an unlikely choice to perform it.

Actually, my holster needs and interest run exclusively to non-waist options, and include purse carry, fanny pack carry, smartcarry, thunderwear, belly bands, bra holsters, thigh holsters (concealed, not tactical), and anything I might have missed that would be appropriate for a woman who does not wear beltable clothing to support an IWB/OWB holster.

I'm guessing the person writing such reviews and the people reading such reviews are an entirely different audience than the one intended for this thread. But, the purse-carry idea isn't an entirely silly idea and I thought I'd insert my vote for non-standard options as an idea for review by and for folks on dc who have conceal needs not met by IWB or OWB holsters.

M-

...and yes, photos of Sixto modeling purse carry options would be delicious!
    People who like this sort of thing will find this the sort of thing they like.
    - Abraham Lincoln

A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
    - Winston Churchill

2. Remove Ads

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by merischino View Post
    I thought I'd stick in my +1 for purse carry review, knowing that Sixto is an unlikely choice to perform it.

Actually, my holster needs and interest run exclusively to non-waist options, and include purse carry, fanny pack carry, smartcarry, thunderwear, belly bands, bra holsters, thigh holsters (concealed, not tactical), and anything I might have missed that would be appropriate for a woman who does not wear beltable clothing to support an IWB/OWB holster.

I'm guessing the person writing such reviews and the people reading such reviews are an entirely different audience than the one intended for this thread. But, the purse-carry idea isn't an entirely silly idea and I thought I'd insert my vote for non-standard options as an idea for review by and for folks on dc who have conceal needs not met by IWB or OWB holsters.

M-

...and yes, photos of Sixto modeling purse carry options would be delicious!
    Sorry, I don't think I can help you out with most of those; however, maybe phase two can be the trial and errors of carrying in non conventional ways.
    "Just blame Sixto"

I too am interested in seeing the MTAC and Crossbreed Supertuck compared. I have read countless threads comparing these two and it seems about 50/50.

Comfort is important, but I have heard mixed reviews on the retention of the CB ST. My MTAC lost some of it's retentiob until I removed the rubber gromet from the bottom screw.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

Administrator
    I have an MTac, I'll be ordering up a Crossbreed in the near future. I do have a Crossbreed for a G19 and have some long term thoughts about the product based on that.

I still want to stick with forum sponsors first, and that is the reason I haven't posted a review on the CompTac stuff.
    "Just blame Sixto"

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Too many reviews/comments on Crossbreed and the like. Do it one on of the lesser-known brands.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Too many reviews/comments on Crossbreed and the like. Do it one on of the lesser-known brands.
    I agree and I am. I'm waiting on some final choices and the brown truck... and then the fun begins.
    "Just blame Sixto"

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Oh, that brown truck!
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Administrator
    I just got word that my order should be here at the end of the week. Look for the initial thoughts this weekend.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Administrator
    Still waiting on the brown truck of goodness.

Well, its here. High Noon delivered just as promised, everything was on time and exactly as promised.

I will write up my initial thoughts and impressions later tonight.
    Last edited by SIXTO; April 16th, 2010 at 03:30 PM.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Great thanks! High Noon is on my short list of holsters for my new Nighthawk T3.
    "I would rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!" - Dorothy Parker

Administrator
    OK, here are my initial thoughts and observations. Keep in mind that I've only had these products for a few hours. I'm going to add to the review as time passes.

First, what I ordered. I chose High Noon despite the poll simply because some others are already well reviewed. High Noon's offerings are also affordable and I already have a little positive history with the company.

Lets talk a little about the ordering process. First, High Noon has a really good, easy to navigate website. I'm a proud simpleton, and I figured things out pretty easy. The product descriptions are accurate and well written. A customer should know exactly what they are getting when they order. High Noon also has a larger selection of off the shelf stuff, ready to go when you order. I like that. It has to be a huge task for them to do so, but they do it.

That brings me to customer service. Using their website, I was able to ask questions and get help ordering the right product for me. High Noon was helpful and patient. They made honest suggestions of products they felt would be best for me with my total situation in mind; It was very clear to me that they simply didn't want to sell me just anything; they wanted a happy customer.
    I will say this though; they must get a lot of silly questions or questions that could easily be answered by reading what is already on their website. Do yourself and the busy staff at High Noon a favor; Read, then ask. I caught myself asking questions that have already been answered too.

After Alex's patient consultation, I chose the Public Secret (IWB) and a Side Guard (OWB). Alex also suggested I try one of their new belts Rock Steady belts. What the heck... I need a new belt anyway.

Within 4 days, I had what was ordered on my front porch. High Noon kept me in the loop, I knew when it left them and the were right on the money with their estimate on when it would be in my hands. It can't get any better than that.

On to my initial thoughts about the product itself...

I want to talk about the belt first. I got to fall on the sword here, I goofed when I ordered the belt. Apparently, I think I am a lot fatter than I really am. The belt is slightly to big and it has to go back. No problem though, High Noon has a "rock steady" return policy. Its going to cost me a few bucks for shipping, but that's more than fair in my opinion, I was the one who made the mistake.
    That didn't keep me from trying it out though. This belt is thick, very sturdy, good looking and has nice hardware. (Just like me ) It supported the weight of my 228 very well, even though it was not tightly cinched or broken in. I'm very impressed with this belt. I'm not sure exactly what they have done in the manufacturing process to get a belt like this, but it works. I thought I had a good gun belt before. This one is going to be great once it get it properly sized and broken in. I can't wait to see what happens long term with this belt.

The Public Secret. This is a really well made holster. High Noon's trade make steel clip is awesome, the stitching and materials are top notch was well. I'm digging the "rough" side out... it makes a lot of sense when you think about it. I really like the design ( I do have one negative, but it might be a break in issue, we'll see) and it carried my 228 very comfortably in an appendix carry position. One thing the Alex suggested was to do away with the typical cant I use with my holsters. I was a little skeptical and hesitant to step outside of my comfort zone, but I think Alex was right. Drawing was a little easier and it actually rode in a more comfortable position while sitting.
    Whom ever designed the holster did nail the correct ride height. It sits just low enough for concealment, yet high enough to get a good grip quickly. I'm looking forward to some range time to give it a work out.

The Slide Guard; I haven't put this holster on yet, so I really don't have much to say yet. I can say that it is a really nice looking holster and seems to be very well made. This seems to be one of those holsters that gets better with age. Just like that old baseball glove. I intend on wearing it tomorrow, I'll report back this weekend.

I will also have pictures, both of the holsters and me wearing them for reference. Those are coming, probably early next week at the latest. Once the pictures are posted, I'll move the ongoing review to its own new thread.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links