S&W M-19 4" Carry Options OWB

This is a discussion on S&W M-19 4" Carry Options OWB within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; From your experience can anyone suggest an OWB holster for a S&W M19-4? This revolver would / could be used for concealed carry. Thanks guys ...

Thread: S&W M-19 4" Carry Options OWB

Senior Member Array scgunlover1's Avatar

S&W M-19 4" Carry Options OWB

From your experience can anyone suggest an OWB holster for a S&W M19-4? This revolver would / could be used for concealed carry. Thanks guys & gals.
    Last edited by scgunlover1; March 8th, 2010 at 05:37 PM. Reason: Added more information
    SCGunLover1

2. Remove Ads

Your K Frame revolvers will ride nicely in a FIST #12 or a Simply Rugged Sourgough as do mine.
    HOLSTERS
    Leather gun holster, concealed carry holster - Simply Rugged Holsters? - Proudly made in the USA

Quote Originally Posted by wmhawth View Post
    Your K Frame revolvers will ride nicely in a FIST #12 or a Simply Rugged Sourgough as do mine.
    HOLSTERS
    Leather gun holster, concealed carry holster - Simply Rugged Holsters? - Proudly made in the USA
    wmhawth,
    The cylinder has a "N" stamped into so I always thought it was an "N" Frame. This gun is probably 35 years old. Didn't S&W change their model letter designation? I get confused on the models sometimes so don't neglect to set me straight. Thanks
    SCGunLover1

Quote Originally Posted by scgunlover1 View Post
    wmhawth,
    The cylinder has a "N" stamped into so I always thought it was an "N" Frame. This gun is probably 35 years old. Didn't S&W change their model letter designation? I get confused on the models sometimes so don't neglect to set me straight. Thanks
    No, your Model 19 is a medium frame (K Frame) revolver. The N frames are a larger frame. You didn't mention the barrel length on your Model 19 but can tell you I frequently carry a 4" Model 15 and find it easy enough to conceal and carry. Pancake type holsters like the Fist #12 or the Simply Rugged Sourdough I mentioned will snug the gun up tight for a very concealable OWB carry. I also have a Model 19 but don't use it for concealed carry as the barrel is 6" long.

Quote Originally Posted by wmhawth View Post
    No, your Model 19 is a medium frame (K Frame) revolver. The N frames are a larger frame. You didn't mention the barrel length on your Model 19 but can tell you I frequently carry a 4" Model 15 and find it easy enough to conceal and carry. Pancake type holsters like the Fist #12 or the Simply Rugged Sourdough I mentioned will snug the gun up tight for a very concealable OWB carry. I also have a Model 19 but don't use it for concealed carry as the barrel is 6" long.
    Thank you for correcting me. Due to the "N" on the inside of the cylinder I thought it was a N frame. My model 19 has a 4" barrel. I will take a look again at the holster selection you provided. Thanks a lot.
    SCGunLover1

Quote Originally Posted by scgunlover1 View Post
    Thank you for correcting me. Due to the "N" on the inside of the cylinder I thought it was a N frame. My model 19 has a 4" barrel. I will take a look again at the holster selection you provided. Thanks a lot.
    My pleasure. There's nothing much sweeter than a good old S&W K frame revolver. I hope you enjoy yours as much as I do mine.

Congratulations on the 19. I have a 4" 13 myself and it has made me become a fan of the K frame.

+1 I have a m19 4in and I love it!

Links