Crossbreed vs Kholster - Page 2

Crossbreed vs Kholster

This is a discussion on Crossbreed vs Kholster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I recently purchased a Crossbreed after comparing the two, for afew reasons... -Horsehide (even if its not hot outside, chances are you will still be ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BGE
    I recently purchased a Crossbreed after comparing the two, for afew reasons...

-Horsehide (even if its not hot outside, chances are you will still be warm enough to perspire)
    -Combat Cut (less material to get in the way, mobility)
    -Clip options are great, esp with the Crossbreed belt.

Think it comes down alot to what you like, but the support Crossbreed seems to give with there product as mentioned above shouldnt be overlooked.

B
    Last edited by BGE; March 10th, 2010 at 01:55 AM. Reason: spelling error
    "AND YE SHALL KNOW THE TRUTH AND THE TRUTH SHALL MAKE YOU FREE"
    - JOHN VIII:XXXII

VIP Member
    +1 for Crossbreed. Let me tell you why, it's Mark and the way they do business. I had a return of a holster once and they were fantastic when helping me. I will buy more CB's in the future.

On the flip side, I will never own another Fobus for the opposite reasons! Their CS sucks!
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

Distinguished Member Array PastorPack's Avatar
    I love kholster's products...

...because they actually make my Crossbreed Supertuck look attractive!

I love my supertuck. Crossbreed makes a great product.
    God is love (1 John 4:8)

Quote Originally Posted by Boykinhntr View Post
    Sounds like a winner. Thats what I am going to order. Thanks for the tips.
    You may want to hold off on the combat cut until after you get it and have tried it awhile. You can always send it back for the extra material to be trimmed away. Combat cut makes for a faster draw but the gun grip will be in direct contact with your skin and can rub. With the full cut you have that buffer there and the draw is only slightly, very slightly different.

Good luck. It will take about 10 days for delivery from time of order.

A note on the combat cut, there is still material between the slide of the gun and your body. The grip area is more exposed and will probably come into contact with your skin. I do wear a wife beater undershirt to help. It is very comfortable with my GLOCK 19 and I don't have any grip stipling or skateboard tape on my grip either of which would be more uncomfortable with the combat cut. The combat cut offers a better initial grip on the gun, but some people prefer it the other way. As someone said earlier get it without if you want and add (or subtract) it later. I for one would have a real hard time sending it back in and waiting some more.

joker1
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Although none of them will win a beauty pagent, I would go with the with the won you think looks better even tough it is IWB. The Crossbreed is only about $25 more so if you like the way that looks better, then go for it.

I'm on my third Kholster. I absolutely love them. They are BY FAR the most comfortable holster I have ever bought. I had the same dillemma as you at first, but the customer service at Kholster and of course saving a couple extra bucks is what drew me to them. They also are very fast. I ordered on on the 5th of March and got it yesterday. The first half moon I trimmed, the second I left alone. I found the way they come is the most comfortable for me. This time I got the mini full moon for my new Kel-Tec PF9. Carried it today it feels great and fits the pistol perfectly. The only thing I have suggested to them is offer the Kholster in black. But for a few bucks you can dye it yourself like I do.

I received my first hybrid style holster. I ordered the Kholster. I cut and dyed mine myself also. 49 bucks, less 10 percent made it like 45 bucks with free shipping. Crossbreed is almost 70 bucks and 15 or so to ship. Kholster is almost half the money if you don't get a discount from Crossbreed. I do agree that the Crossbreeds do look better off the shelf. But for almost half the money..had to go Kholster and really like it and customer service is top notch. I guess it really boils down to pure personal preference. Although the horsehide is a big plus for Crossbreed. I have thought of buying a Crossbreed for another one of my guns then I can compare them in real time. Good luck.
    Glock 20, Glock 27, Ruger SR9c, Sig P-238, Ruger SP 101 357 Mag.2 1/4", Ruger Vaquero 45LC 5 1/2", Ruger MKII Target.

You know, I don't have either, but the guy at Crossbreed stands up for his beliefs, has great customer service, and fast delivery. He's not ashamed of his Christian belief to make a sale, so in my book..........I'd buy the Crossbreed.

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Guns and more View Post
    You know, I don't have either, but the guy at Crossbreed stands up for his beliefs, has great customer service, and fast delivery. He's not ashamed of his Christian belief to make a sale, so in my book..........I'd buy the Crossbreed.
    How does that Kool-Aid taste?

Quote Originally Posted by 21bubba View Post
    How does that Kool-Aid taste?
    Yummy, just like America used to be, before I got that bitter taste of political correctness.
    Someone once told him he could sell more if he would take the cross off the clips, and he said no. Good for him.
    If money rules your life, as it does many, buy the cheaper one.

I got the combat cut and I'm pleased with it. Highly recommend it.
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

I have a crossbreed, had a problem with one of the metal grips on the back, had a new one in 2 days. Crossbreed supports their product.

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Guns and more View Post
    Yummy, just like America used to be, before I got that bitter taste of political correctness.
    Someone once told him he could sell more if he would take the cross off the clips, and he said no. Good for him.
    If money rules your life, as it does many, buy the cheaper one.
    It's got nothing to do with political correctness. It has to do with somebody with no experience with either product feeling it necessary to bestow upon us their two cents worth.

Quote Originally Posted by 21bubba View Post
    It's got nothing to do with political correctness. It has to do with somebody with no experience with either product feeling it necessary to bestow upon us their two cents worth.
    Well, I'll give you that.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links