Crossbreed vs Kholster

This is a discussion on Crossbreed vs Kholster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am sure this has been covered but I am fairly new here. I am looking into getting an IWB holster that I can wear ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Crossbreed vs Kholster

Crossbreed vs Kholster

I am sure this has been covered but I am fairly new here.

I am looking into getting an IWB holster that I can wear at work. I dress business or business casual with tucked in shirt and slacks.

The 2 holsters that appeal to me are the Crossbreed supertuck and the Kholster. I will be carrying a PT145 most of the time.

How do these 2 compare. From appearance only, the Crossbreed looks like a better holster but I have not seen either in person. Does anyone have both and what are the pros and cons of each?

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array jumpwing's Avatar
    One Can o' Worms comin up...
    "The flock sleep peaceably in their pasture at night because Sheepdogs stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    cafepress.com/bgstudios

Not looking to start anything. If so, delete the thread. I just am looking for advice from ppl that own both.

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    Both are a molded piece of kydex, a piece of leather, and two belt clips.
    Both secure a pistol the same.

It is now up to you to determine if you want to spend nearly twice as much on one or the other.

My opinion as the owner of a kholster is save your money. The crossbred is nice, but not nearly twice as nice.

Quote Originally Posted by jumpwing View Post
    One Can o' Worms comin up...
    My thoughts exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Boykinhntr View Post
    Not looking to start anything. If so, delete the thread. I just am looking for advice from ppl that own both.
    Basically what it comes down to is that people think the kholster is a copy of the supertuck. This is not the case, other companies have this design.

The main differences between the two are:
    -Finish - the crossbreed is dyed.
    -Cost - the kholster is cheaper.

I own a kholster and honestly, can't see a reason to spend more money on an IWB that looks nicer. Its under your clothing, no one will see it.
    Guns don't kill people, people kill people...and chimps do, if they have a gun

check out the minotaur mtac too. i just did a lot of research on these iwb's too and ended up going the mtac route. don't think you can go wrong with either holster but i felt the mtac was a nicer option for a few different reasons.

If you do get the CB Supertuk get horsehide. I see you are from Arkansas and it gets humid and hot. Being from Florida I have the same conditions so whatever you go with get horsehide for moisture resistance and life span.

Having not worn the Kholster but seeing that it is similar in design I'm sure they are both comfortable. Looks like the Kholster is only about $20 cheaper. Who cares about $20 when you are with your holster 10-14 hours a day or longer. Kind of like buying a cheap mattress you spend 1/3 your life on.

Crossbreed also has a 100% return policy and lifetime warranty. They will also make modifications inexpensively.

ntg
    I don't think you'd go wrong with either one. I was going to get a kholster due to price and more adjustability. Then Craig had a good "blem" supertuck over on xdtalk for $40 and that is what I have and use w/ no complaints. Either will be fine IMO.
    M&P Shield9; RIA 1911 Tactical 9mm;...many long guns

Good advice on the horsehide. I do a lot of outdoor activity and will sweat like crazy.

Crossbreed Supertuck in Horsehide with the Combat Cut and don't forget the Crossbreed belt. I hear great things about the kholster also, but it mostly centers around price and I don't think they offer horsehide.

joker1
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Quote Originally Posted by joker1 View Post
    Crossbreed Supertuck in Horsehide with the Combat Cut and don't forget the Crossbreed belt. I hear great things about the kholster also, but it mostly centers around price and I don't think they offer horsehide.

joker1
    Sounds like a winner. Thats what I am going to order. Thanks for the tips.

I LOVE my Crossbreed SuperTuck for the Glock 30 in .45 cal.

Won't knock the Kholster.......... I like some features and reviews I have read about it. Wouldn't hesitate to buy one to try. Price point is a factor, trust me.

Both of these holster are adjustable all over the place with options. You're bound to find a sweet spot somewhere in regard to comfort and printing.

However; the Crossbreed has proven itself in the horsehide version convincingly and I love the tuckability for dress shirts. Can't go wrong with the customer service and warranty in my opinion. Would not be without my gun belt also. Balances everything out perfectly. Period
    "No man is entitled to the blessings of freedom unless he is vigilant in its preservation" General Douglas MacArthur

Glock 30, S&W model 29-2 44 magnum, Ruger Super Blackhawk 44 magnum, S&W 38 special airweight, NAA 22 mag, PF9, and 1 patriotic wife with her CC permit.

Kolster cost less, More adjustable, Basic holster
    Crossbreed, more options, more expensive, Dyed, can be made fancier

Both have lifetime warrenty, Both have lots of supporters, (users) that are happy with their holster.

It simply your call, you'll be as happy with one as the other.
    Kansas Concealed Carry Website

NRA/Ks. Firearms instructor
    Cheif Range Safety Officer

evo
    Quote Originally Posted by Brangus View Post

However; the Crossbreed has proven itself in the horsehide version convincingly and I love the tuckability for dress shirts. Can't go wrong with the customer service and warranty in my opinion. Would not be without my gun belt also. Balances everything out perfectly. Period
    I've been debating for a while and I can't make up my mind. Is the tuckability a CB feature only or does the Kholster have it too?
    That would definatly be a breaker.
    Benjamin Franklin: "They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security."

Quote Originally Posted by evo View Post
    I've been debating for a while and I can't make up my mind. Is the tuckability a CB feature only or does the Kholster have it too?
    - They're both tuckable. Your shirt goes between the leather and the clips. I don't think you can go wrong with either. I own a Crossbreed Minituck, but Kholster seems to have a lot of fans.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links