Clipdraw Companions

This is a discussion on Clipdraw Companions within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've said a lot about how well these clips conceal a large gun, so I thought I would get off my duff and learn to ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Clipdraw Companions

Clipdraw Companions

I've said a lot about how well these clips conceal a large gun, so I thought I would get off my duff and learn to post pics. These show my CA Bulldog .44 and my Security Six .357. I'm wearing a simple t-shirt and shorts (sorry for the post-work slob look and mediocre photos) but I think that for a product to make a full size .357 disappear under a tight t-shirt is pretty impressive.
    Attached Images
    "Some men, you just can't reach"

2. Remove Ads

IMO, you're gambling with an ND...the only way to prevent an ND when carrying is to keep the trigger covered with a proper holster.
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

DA revolver I would not worry as much about as long as I focused on trigger finger discipline. I know some guys that clip draw their Glocks. They add the safety block behind the trigger too though. Not sure if they make one for revolvers. Not sure I would do it, but I'm not carrying it you are.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Wow! That really conceals 'dangerously' well...

All my pistolas stay in 'pistola holders'...always! OMOYMV
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by SIGguy229 View Post
    IMO, you're gambling with an ND...the only way to prevent an ND when carrying is to keep the trigger covered with a proper holster.
    I understand the concern, but the trigger is housed between my belt and my body. There is no way I am going to effect a trigger pull on a factory trigger on a 357. No way. The gun rides very tight to the body and never moves, so there isn't the potential for the "Plaxico effect." I realize that my view is in the minority though.

Quote Originally Posted by Cartman View Post
    I understand the concern, but the trigger is housed between my belt and my body. There is no way I am going to effect a trigger pull on a factory trigger on a 357. No way. The gun rides very tight to the body and never moves, so there isn't the potential for the "Plaxico effect." I realize that my view is in the minority though.
    - I carry a Ruger LCP (with Kel-Tec clip) the same way from time to time. I'm not worried about a ND because my belt also covers the trigger. There is nothing on my body that is going to pull the trigger.

I do use a holster for all of my other guns though since they tend to shift more.

i got and use the clip draw on my j-frame. I got one on a glock 27. i use the kel tec belt clip on my p11 and p3at. nothing wrong with the clip drarw,,or the clip draw type of clips. the clip draw is a good way to carry a gun. now you will hear from many that the clip draw is bad and a danger,,,, it don't cover the trigger,,,it will make the gun go off,,,it is not a proper holster,,,it is not safe,,,,,it will not stay in place,,,and so on. but look at the facts. the trigger is covered by your underwear and jeans/belt,,,,the clip is strong and the gun stays in place,,,i have never seen underwear pull a trigger,,,i never heard of a gun going off when using one. with the glock you can get the safe-t block if it makes you feel better, but i have found you don't need it. remember fringers pulls trigger, not underwear.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

Quote Originally Posted by frankmako View Post
    i got and use the clip draw on my j-frame. I got one on a glock 27. i use the kel tec belt clip on my p11 and p3at. nothing wrong with the clip drarw,,or the clip draw type of clips. the clip draw is a good way to carry a gun. now you will hear from many that the clip draw is bad and a danger,,,, it don't cover the trigger,,,it will make the gun go off,,,it is not a proper holster,,,it is not safe,,,,,it will not stay in place,,,and so on. but look at the facts. the trigger is covered by your underwear and jeans/belt,,,,the clip is strong and the gun stays in place,,,i have never seen underwear pull a trigger,,,i never heard of a gun going off when using one. with the glock you can get the safe-t block if it makes you feel better, but i have found you don't need it. remember fringers pulls trigger, not underwear.
    I agree. I have noticed on the forum that the strongest opinions against Clipdraw come from people who have never tried them. Not to disparage holsters of course, they promote safety and security, but this product with a large revolver is uniquely suitable, particularly when you live in a hot box like I do. No print concerns at all.

It's not because we've never tried them...IMO, it's like Mexican carry (i.e. no holster)...

But if you don't want to believe me, and be one who says "it won't happen to me"....see this thread from just a couple of days ago...ND at church tonight - Page 2 - M4Carbine.net Forums

Read post #1 and #27
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

I bought a clip for my P3AT and installed it.

Next day removed it because trigger was not covered when carrying.

Plus gun was against my body with out holster to shield me from edges of gun.

If carried in front pocket using clip weapon becomes more noticeable than in pocket holster.

IMHO YMMV
    NOT LIVING IN FEAR, JUST READY!!!
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness,
    nor the arrow for its swiftness,
    nor the warrior for his glory.
    I love only that which they defend.
    -J.R.R. Tolkien

Distinguished Member Array razor02097's Avatar
    some revolvers have a DA trigger pull twice the trigger pull of an auto. The trigger is covered just as well as if it was in a smart carry. Also neither of the pictured revolvers have shrouded hammers. Not saying it couldn't happen but...

The hammer would have to be unobstructed going back and forward. Not only would the object pulling the trigger have to overcome the revolver's natural trigger pull but also overcome the added resistance of the cylinder pinched between body and clothing as it rotates. Depending on all factors expect 20 or more pound trigger!

That said I'm not a big fan of wheel gun holsterless carry only because its uncomfortable, and I would never carry an auto without a holster.
    There is something about firing 4,200 thirty millimeter rounds/min that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Ex Member Array HollowpointHank's Avatar
    Nice pics. However, "I see Paris, I see France". . . . .

Distinguished Member Array razor02097's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HollowpointHank View Post
    How do you think the gun feels
    There is something about firing 4,200 thirty millimeter rounds/min that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Quote Originally Posted by HollowpointHank View Post
    You guys are cold....cold I tell you...Should have painted on some abs while I was at it...

Quote Originally Posted by SIGguy229 View Post
    It's not because we've never tried them...IMO, it's like Mexican carry (i.e. no holster)...

But if you don't want to believe me, and be one who says "it won't happen to me"....see this thread from just a couple of days ago...ND at church tonight - Page 2 - M4Carbine.net Forums

Read post #1 and #27
    It's not the same at all. Mexican carry relies on nothing but the pressure of the belt to hold it in place, and the "Plaxico" happens when the gun slips and the person tries to grab it. It won't with this method if the clip is properly applied and the user is paying attention. This guy pulled the trigger while handling the weapon. I read the post, and this argument is a version of the one used by anti-gunners to disarm us. Because some people act carelessly, we need to restrict the use for everyone. Darwin plays a role here. A hole in his pants?...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links