New Alessi Holster, need help?

This is a discussion on New Alessi Holster, need help? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I received my new Alessi CQC/S holster the other day. It is extremely tight. I put my gun into it and left it over night. ...

Thread: New Alessi Holster, need help?

New Alessi Holster, need help?

I received my new Alessi CQC/S holster the other day. It is extremely tight. I put my gun into it and left it over night. Still way too tight for use. I placed the gun in a very thin dress sock and put the gun back in the holster over night. Still way to tight. I have been using the holster for several days now to see if that will help, but thinking about leaving it at home. I try to draw my gun and cant. Pants come up but gun stays in holster. i have to actually hold the holster and yank on the gun. This is not good. Does anyone now what to do to fix this issue??? I have heard of "polishing" the inside to make it smoother. Will that work? How do you do that? I might have to send this thing back!

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array torrejon224's Avatar
    Take the plastic bag the holster came in and wrap it around your gun, use a thicker bag if you have one (make sure gun is unloaded), put the gun into the holster with the bag around it and let it sit a minimum of four hours. Check and if still tight, go another four. By that point. you should be able to get a good fit by just sitting in front of the TV and drawing/undrawing the gun for a 1/2 hour or so. You may have to let the gun sit overnight with the baggie wrapped around it but you don't want it to get too loose so keep an eye on it.

Distinguished Member Array Brady's Avatar
    wrap the gun with 2 layers of wax paper with the wax side out. Insert it this way several times and then leave it there for a couple days. Periodically remove it and reinsert it a few times. It smoothes your holster and doesn't hurt the gun.
    ...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. Luke 22:36
    USN/VET; NRA; GOA, jpfo.org
    Life in a Jar: The Irena Sendler Project www.irenasendler.com

Try waxpaper or a ziploc around the gun...then for an extar smooth draw...call Mitch Rosen and order some Leather Lightning.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Thanks guys, I will try this tonight!
    Bear
    Glock 23
    S&W 6906
    Kimber Pro Carry SLE
    S&W M&P 9MM

If it's that tight and it doesn't draw and the bag or wax paper trick doesn't work I would just contact them and see if they want you to send it back. I always hate to say that but before I would put any product from another company on a holster I would talk to the guy who made it.

I don't have a clue whats in Leather Lightning but I'm not sure if that would void any warranties etc, always best to check with the company before doing much to a rig. It's kinda like getting a TV that doesn't work right, if you open up the side and start poking around you might cause more problems than you solve;) Not saying leather is the same complexity but if you use some sort of oil or something like that and it gets too loose you ruin the holster.

My 2 cents, call Alessi and find out what they recommend.

Take care

Luke
    I am the owner/proprietor of www.adamsholsters.com Custom holsters made for you. To contact me please use E-mail rather than Private Messages, luke@adamsholsters.com

OMG

DON'T DO IT

Just wear it around for a week or so and draw from it and it will be fine. No need to go right to stretching.

Stretch it and it may become to loose which = BAD.
    Training means learning the rules. Experience means learning the exceptions.

just put your gun in the holster and take it out a few hundred times without attaching it to your belt. After a couple hundred presentations it will be just fine. Most good holsters are like this from the get go.
    ‘‘To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them.’’

— George Mason

Quote Originally Posted by luke213 View Post
    If it's that tight and it doesn't draw and the bag or wax paper trick doesn't work I would just contact them and see if they want you to send it back. I always hate to say that but before I would put any product from another company on a holster I would talk to the guy who made it.

I don't have a clue whats in Leather Lightning but I'm not sure if that would void any warranties etc, always best to check with the company before doing much to a rig. It's kinda like getting a TV that doesn't work right, if you open up the side and start poking around you might cause more problems than you solve;) Not saying leather is the same complexity but if you use some sort of oil or something like that and it gets too loose you ruin the holster.

My 2 cents, call Alessi and find out what they recommend.

Take care

Luke
    I think Leather Lightning is not to strech, but simply smooths the inside leather for a better draw. Maybe silicone based? Dont quote me. If Mitch recommends and sells it I doubt it is bad for a leather holster.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Just put the gun in the holster and draw a couple of hundred times. I had someone tell me once and I did try it with good results, pack some newspaper in the holster and leave it overnight (don't pack it too tight though). It appears ink from the news paper will help the gun slide in and out easier. I only did it once, don't want to stretch out the leather and have a loose holster. It's better to be a little tight that loose.

Quote Originally Posted by jwhite75 View Post
    I think Leather Lightning is not to strech, but simply smooths the inside leather for a better draw. Maybe silicone based? Dont quote me. If Mitch recommends and sells it I doubt it is bad for a leather holster.
    Well I'm just thinking holster makers do different things to their own rigs, maybe he uses a different finishing method and what may work on his leather might cause issues if the inside were more unfinished. I guess I'm just being on the cautious side of things;) I always recommend checking with the guy who made it rather than guessing:)

I will say though I've heard some recommendations for Leather Lightning in the past but I've not seen the stuff in person:)

Luke
    I am the owner/proprietor of www.adamsholsters.com Custom holsters made for you. To contact me please use E-mail rather than Private Messages, luke@adamsholsters.com

Links