Nevada CWP class help

Nevada CWP class help

This is a discussion on Nevada CWP class help within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm trying to find a CWP class in Nevada around the Elko area that will not make me go broke. I'll be coming down from ...

Nevada CWP class help

I'm trying to find a CWP class in Nevada around the Elko area that will not make me go broke.
    I'll be coming down from eastern Idaho and would like to get into a class around the middle of July. Any leads on classes would be appreciated!
    Laws that forbid the carrying of arms . . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes . . . Such laws... serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man - Cesare Beccaria

I looked into this a month or so ago. I am from eastern Idaho as well and had my Utah non-resident permit for Nevada until last year when Nevada stopped honoring it. Here is what I found that came highly recommended.

ARMS-R-US LLC - NEVADA CCW INSTRUCTOR ELKO COUNTY FIREARM TRAINING
    Arms-R- Us LLC - DAMN GOOD SERVICE / DAMN GOOD PRICES - LARGEST FIREARM SELECTION IN ELKO COUNTY NEVADA
    phone: 775-753-8825

They have about 1 class a month and do private classes. The disappointing thing was that their classes are on Saturday and you would have to go back down there through the week to get fingerprinted at the Sherriff's office and submit the application.

I would still like to do it sometime though. Maybe we should carpool?
    NRA Life Member

The Elko Sheriffs department finally got back to me!

There is a place in Elko that will do the class during the week for $85 ($5 for each additional gun) Then the next day we can head over to the Sheriffs.
    Its a retired couple so they will schedule around us for the most part.

Any one else want to head down in about a month?
    Laws that forbid the carrying of arms . . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes . . . Such laws... serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man - Cesare Beccaria

The info I got from Arms-R-Us was that the Sheriff's office accepts applications Tuesday-Thursday and on Monday or Friday by appointment. What you found is a little cheaper than Arms-R-Us which was $100 ($10 for additional guns). I assume you got that recommendation from the Sheriff's office so they are probably OK. I am definitely interested and wouldn't mind driving. Maybe we can get a couple others to go too.

If that place doesn't work out, Arms-R-Us can do a private class for the same price as the regularly scheduled class if we have 4 or more.

I'll send you my email address.
    NRA Life Member

I read an earlier post that indicated classes were available at CSI in Twin Falls. You may want to check it out.

We are wanting to get a Nevada non-resident permit for which I think you have to attend a class within the state of Nevada (unlike Utah permits that can be obtained by attending a class anywhere from a Utah certified instructor).
    NRA Life Member

Links