What Might You Want in a Training Review?

This is a discussion on What Might You Want in a Training Review? within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm able to enjoy two training classes this year and thought I'd publish something of a 'review' of the classes. The first is this next ...

Thread: What Might You Want in a Training Review?

What Might You Want in a Training Review?

I'm able to enjoy two training classes this year and thought I'd publish something of a 'review' of the classes. The first is this next week at Sig Sauer Academy, their 'Defensive Pistol' class. My plan was to provide the facts as I see them with regard to what training is provided and how it's conducted. I'd not presume to make any qualitative assessment...simply what's provided, how it's done and what I think I learned.

But, is there anything you'd like to know that would be important to you when selecting your training? I'll do what I can, but it would be great if folks could let me know what they'd like to see in a review.

I ask because when it came time for me to decide whether to take this particular training or no, I got exactly squat out of the entire internet community with regard to what folks thought about this class. Either no one has taken it, or those who have don't frequent the sites I'm still not banned from.
    “If I had to live my life again, I'd make the same mistakes, only sooner.” T Bankhead
    National Mill Dog Rescue www.milldogrescue.org

2. Remove Ads

Few people understand training even though they may accept the need for it. Turning abstract concepts into real world events is beyond what Joe Average can do. That is why there are Professional Instructors in the world. Good Luck!

How about the basics...WHO, WHAT, WHERE, WHEN, WHY...

Who? - Who taught it and who took it? Who else could benefit from it?

What? - What class did you take? What did you do? What did you learn that you expected, didn't expect? What did you seek? What did you hear? What gear did you use? What gear worked and what gear didn't? What gear did others use? What were you good at and what will you work on? What class are you going to take next? What did you learn from the other students? What did you learn at dinner with the instructors? What did you learn from their lectures? In what chronological order did they teach? What was taught?

Where? - Where did you come from and where was the class held? Where do you want to go or where willo you go next? Where did you hear about the school, class, instructors?

When? - When did you decide you made either a good or bad decision to attend (the defining moment) ? When did you decide it was right for YOU? When did you attend?

Why? - By taking notes, writing your thoughts down, and writing an AAR, it allows you to put your thoughts in an orderly way to determine the benefits of what you just did, what you got out of the class, lessons learned that makes you sharper, why you are training, and is a written review for you to read over and over as you progress through your training and learning choices. Why did you choose Sig Academy?

Hope that helps...JMO
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

Links