videos I did related to the forum - Page 2

videos I did related to the forum

This is a discussion on videos I did related to the forum within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by bsrman36 when tap n rack was first introduced to me, my instructor required me to tap myself in the shoulder as I ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: videos I did related to the forum

Distinguished Member Array bladenbullet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bsrman36 View Post
    when tap n rack was first introduced to me, my instructor required me to tap myself in the shoulder as I racked to prevent me from forming a bad habit. So I was letting go completely.

I have been shooting/training for defense for three years now I have never once had an issue with "riding the slide."

I think your more likely to encounter difficulty hitting the slide release than you are of riding the slide.
    thats a great way to train someone...

Quote Originally Posted by bladenbullet View Post
    regardless of whether the handler uses only 2 fingers to "slingshot" the slide or grasps it from above they are still "slingshotting" the slide and run the same potential of riding the slide forward and preventing the slide from going into battery....slingshotting does not require the slide to only be handled with 2 fingers from behind...the action of pulling the slide back and releasing it is slingshotting as its the same action required to operate a slingshot....
    You can use whatever terminology you wish, but the recgonized terms are "slingshotting" and "over the top". The slide is not being slingshotted, it is being "released" by one of the described methods.
    Have you ever seen someone shoot a sling shot by turning their hand over with the fingers down to grab the "pouch", I haven't.

I always slingshot the slide,and I am a lefty,I been shooting longer than the OP has been alive
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Distinguished Member Array bladenbullet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Guantes View Post
    You can use whatever terminology you wish, but the recgonized terms are "slingshotting" and "over the top". The slide is not being slingshotted, it is being "released" by one of the described methods.
    Have you ever seen someone shoot a sling shot by turning their hand over with the fingers down to grab the "pouch", I haven't.
    released from battery position?...thanks...i'll take that under advisement and work more carefully on my pc terminology...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links