Adding a little stress

Adding a little stress

This is a discussion on Adding a little stress within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Yesterday we did a Spontaneous Attack Survival for Edged Weapons in New Freedom PA. SAS is based on the belief that whether or not you ...

Thread: Adding a little stress

Adding a little stress

Yesterday we did a Spontaneous Attack Survival for Edged Weapons in New Freedom PA. SAS is based on the belief that whether or not you have a weapon of your own a spontaneous attack with contact distance weapons will have to be initially dealt with open handed. We have started using 350, 000 volts stun guns to increase stress. Students first face the open hand, then a training knife, and then the stun gun from a variety of angles. The noise alone from the stun gun is menacing and scare people. A little zap gives you a pain penalty. A longer zap hurts real bad and drains the blood sugar out of your body. You learn real fast that you need to control the weapon arm (extended) and damage the person even after defending against the initial attack.

By damaging the person I hope you mean pulling out and eyeball, crushing the larynx, crushing the testicles or shattering the knee. No this is not taught in our LEO defensive tactics class but should be as you fight the way you train. Violence needs to be overcome with superior violence but that is just a personal belief taught by a few. Thanks for your informative posts.
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

For the most part it means smashing there head into the wall or smashing your elbow into the side of their head until they go limp. After all you are using open hand skills to deal with deadly force. This course is a real eye opener to those that think going to their pistol will be an option at contact distance.- George

George, thank you for the reply. My expierence in this type of threat control is with Target Focus Training (TFT). Take care and stay safe.- Ron
    Last edited by Old School; May 16th, 2010 at 07:48 PM. Reason: I miss spelled a word in my text
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

What? You mean you can't just draw and shoot?

This is the kind of thing EVERYONE who carries a gun needs to be exposed to.

If you try to go for the gun first you'll get stabbed. If you try to go for the gun and defend at same time you'll get stabbed. You pretty much have to use hand skills to weather the storm and either BREAK the attacker, or gain control of them and THEN go for your weapon, or make space and THEN go for your own weapon.

But guns (or your own knife) are almost never the appropriate immediate answer. Getting "gun people" to see that is sometimes a bit difficult.
    Randy Harris
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor
    NRA Certified Instructor
    Master Class IDPA SSP

TRAIN with me....http://www.suarezinternationalstore....px?find=harris

Quote Originally Posted by Cruel Hand Luke View Post
    What? You mean you can't just draw and shoot?

This is the kind of thing EVERYONE who carries a gun needs to be exposed to.

If you try to go for the gun first you'll get stabbed. If you try to go for the gun and defend at same time you'll get stabbed. You pretty much have to use hand skills to weather the storm and either BREAK the attacker, or gain control of them and THEN go for your weapon, or make space and THEN go for your own weapon.

But guns (or your own knife) are almost never the appropriate immediate answer. Getting "gun people" to see that is sometimes a bit difficult.
    Denial is a terrible thing ain't it bro? None of these drills started at 21 feet

Senior Member Array psychophipps's Avatar
    Has the control been Ok so far? I'm sorry, but I'm not sure that I'd be as careful as I should be with a neck shot if I have a stun gun to worry about.

Links