Point Shoot Practice

This is a discussion on Point Shoot Practice within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hey guys: All that "dead" talk--hope you're not talking about little ole me--a man who knows his limitations. I will give more time to a ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Point Shoot Practice

Distinguished Member Array kelcarry's Avatar
    Hey guys: All that "dead" talk--hope you're not talking about little ole me--a man who knows his limitations. I will give more time to a more "convulsive grip and appreciate the comments by 7677. Hey Bill Mo: Appreciate your "enthusiasm" capped off with a polite comment to my posts and thoughts. Always learning something and not afraid to ask the dumbest questions or make the dumbest comments--if you do not do so, you never get any answers--it is those forum members who for some "anger management" reason, find it necessary to just be discourteous--they are the ones who should look in the mirror and try and understand why they are carrying firearms--they are the ones that scare me.

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array Matthew Temkin's Avatar
    I think it was Wyatt Earp who said something like, "It is not the fastest, or even the most accurate that wins the gun fight. It is the man who is willing."
    No, actually it was John Wayne in a Hollywood film titled, "The Shootist."
    While I do agree with this quote, it is not a wise idea to get one's self defense ideas from fiction.

Distinguished Member Array bladenbullet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Temkin View Post
    I think it was Wyatt Earp who said something like, "It is not the fastest, or even the most accurate that wins the gun fight. It is the man who is willing."
    No, actually it was John Wayne in a Hollywood film titled, "The Shootist."
    While I do agree with this quote, it is not a wise idea to get one's self defense ideas from fiction.
    unless you live in a fantasy world...then it just plain makes sense...

Quote Originally Posted by Black Oak View Post
    Well,

You guys can move around all that you like.

I am going to stand still and shoot the bad guys in the face, without sites, from 15 yards.

1.2 seconds is pretty slow, but I am only five months recovery from heart valve replacement surgery. I am getting faster every day. I died 9 times on the table. So, 1.2 is pretty fast, coming up from death.

I don't know if the IM went through. It said it didn't a bunch of times and then it said it did.
    Were not all built equally and don't have the same capabilities. You have to run what ya brung when the feces hits the fan. Just know that the stand and deliver method is far from ideal in the situation you describe. A FOF class is certainly a real eye opener if you get the chance to take one.
    "America is not at war. The Marine Corps is at war; America is at the mall."

Gentlemen,
    Lets be respectful of the op that started this thread and instead of pushing it that much more off topic we start a new thread on the merits of movement versus stand and deliver.

If I was a betting man we will learn that line that divides the two is not so clear but both techniques are needed in the tool box.
    "TOUJOURS PRET"

I agree.

And, "The Shootist" was a fine movie, fiction or not

Senior Member Array Matthew Temkin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bladenbullet View Post
    unless you live in a fantasy world...then it just plain makes sense...
    Sad to say there is a lot of that going around.

Distinguished Member Array kelcarry's Avatar
    Hey guys: Whether you start a new thread or not, I appreciate the comments from those of you who, in my reading of your posts, certainly have something to say that is something I want to learn. I will keep my eye opened for your threads and read them with diligence. If you do have more point shoot comments and they are in this thread--great. Again--thanks to all of you for your help. It is comments like yours that make these forums interesting and informative.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Links