St. Charles, MO area ccw training

This is a discussion on St. Charles, MO area ccw training within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Any suggestions or reviews for ccw class in or around the St. Louis or St. Charles county area. I think my step dad and I ...

Thread: St. Charles, MO area ccw training

St. Charles, MO area ccw training

Any suggestions or reviews for ccw class in or around the St. Louis or St. Charles county area. I think my step dad and I will be taking the course maybe in august. Thanks for any feedback!

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    There is a new indoor shooting range planned for St. Peters but it wont be ready until the end of the summer at the earliest. Right now there is no indoor range in St. Charles County. Top Gun in Jefferson County has a nice facility and an excellent CCW trainer, Dan Smith. It is a bit of a drive but you can complete the course in 8 hours so a 45 minute drive should not be out of the question.

My another suggestion is to stop by some of the the local gun shops. Most have fliers for independent trainers. Some are good and some not so good. They usually extend the classes over a couple evenings at a classroom they rent and have qualifying the next weekend at some range.

There are CCW classes available at Fluorescent Valley Community College. St. Charles Community College might also offer CCW but I'm not sure. Call for schedule.

Bulls-Eye in St. Louis is another option. It is near Kings highway on Manchester about 1 mile south of BJC hospital complex on Kings Highway. It is a dump but they have classes 40 people about every Saturday.

Goggle for maps and phone numbers. I can recommend Top Gun On outer road off I-55 in Arnold.
    If you understand, things are just as they are... If you do not understand, things are just as they are....
    - Zen Saying

Quote Originally Posted by Pkupmn98 View Post
    Any suggestions or reviews for ccw class in or around the St. Louis or St. Charles county area. I think my step dad and I will be taking the course maybe in august. Thanks for any feedback!
    I took my CCW at Bull's Eye. I believe they offer the class every other Saturday. They supply the guns and ammo.

Lake St. Louis Police Sergeant Paul Bastean is the one who is building the indoor range in St. Peters(?) near I-70 and 79 Highway. That range will supposedly be finished this fall.

He has been teaching CCW classes for years using other ranges and classrooms, and has several classes scheduled.

Here is his old website with class schedules, currently with openings in 4 CCW classes this summer: Missouri Concealed Carry Training, L.L.C.

Here is the new website, which last week was only partially operational: Ultimate Defense Firing Range & Training Center

I took my class from him a few years ago, and plan to have my daughter attend one of his classes this summer.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grady View Post
    Lake St. Louis Police Sergeant Paul Bastean is the one who is building the indoor range in St. Peters(?) near I-70 and 79 Highway. That range will supposedly be finished this fall.

He has been teaching CCW classes for years using other ranges and classrooms, and has several classes scheduled.

Here is his old website with class schedules, currently with openings in 4 CCW classes this summer: Missouri Concealed Carry Training, L.L.C.

Here is the new website, which last week was only partially operational: Ultimate Defense Firing Range & Training Center

I took my class from him a few years ago, and plan to have my daughter attend one of his classes this summer.
    Yep, that's the guy. Here is an article they wrote about the new range.

Suburban Journals | News | Indoor shooting range planned in St. Peters
    If you understand, things are just as they are... If you do not understand, things are just as they are....
    - Zen Saying

Quote Originally Posted by SIGP250 View Post
    Yep, that's the guy. Here is an article they wrote about the new range.

Suburban Journals | News | Indoor shooting range planned in St. Peters
    Thanks for the link. I hadn't seen that article.
    Indoor shooting range planned in St. Peters
    Facility could open by late summer

By Joe Scott
    Tuesday, April 6, 2010 3:12 AM CDT

St. Charles County could have its only indoor shooting range by late summer.

"I think we'll do really well, especially in a climate-controlled environment," said Sgt. Paul Bastean of the Lake Saint Louis Police Department. Bastean heads the AIM Investment Group that plans to build the facility this summer.

The 9,500-square-foot building, called the Ultimate Defense Firing Range and Training Facility, will be constructed in an industrial area on Turner Boulevard near Blanton Construction and Krey Distributing.

The St. Peters Board of Aldermen unanimously approved the building March 25. The facility drew no objections during a public hearing and other meetings.

"I went out to shoot one day and there was a two-hour waiting list at August A. Busch (Memorial Conservation Area, which has an outdoor shooting range)," Bastean said.

The shooting facility will be built to contain noise inside and will include a landscaped berm outside. Bastean noted the facility has to contain noise because it will include rooms where training classes will be conducted.

That is part of a related business, Missouri Concealed Carry Training, which provides training for shooting, self-defense and people who want to obtain a concealed-carry permit. Bastean said the company has six instructors and offers seven different courses, "all of which have been insanely successful."

Bastean said the concealed-carry classes have trained more than 5,000 people, which makes it the biggest concealed-carry training business in Missouri.

Bastean said he believes the success of shooting and self-defense courses and soaring gun sales will mean success for the indoor shooting range, too.

"All these people have new guns and they don't have many places to shoot them," Bastean said. "Police officers are required to shoot at a firing range a minimum of four times a year. Anyone who owns a gun should train with it at least four times a year, just to keep up that minimum skill level."

Bastean said the facility will offer a full-line gun shop and rental weapons.

"That's a big service for us - you'll be able to try a gun out before you buy it and find out if you like it or not," Bastean said.

I just took mine from Archangel3 Great instructor, I really enjoyed it.

Links