Today at Custom Cop Corporation - Page 2

Today at Custom Cop Corporation

This is a discussion on Today at Custom Cop Corporation within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Congrats on a high qualifying score But, you had to go to school to learn this: He also explained the difference between open and concealed ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    VIP Member
    Congrats on a high qualifying score

But, you had to go to school to learn this:
    He also explained the difference between open and concealed carry.

Quote Originally Posted by joker1 View Post
    Congrats!

I know nothing of Springfield's customer service but I predict the only thing they'll have to say about shooting reloads is that they don't recommend it at all.
    My user manual for XD9 says that using reloads will void the warranty. I don't think Springfiled will have anything good to say about you using reloads.
    I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them. -- John Wayne as John B. Books in "The Shootist"

For a handgun, NEVER NEVER NEVER use reloads. (In MY Opinion.)

Why?

Because reloads aren't what you are going to be defending yourself with. Because reloads aren't recommended by the manufacturer. Because reloads aren't reliable... (As a general rule most reloads work fine but occasionally they don't. And when they don't it's YOUR hand and YOUR gun which get blown up... Factory loads are warrantied by the factory. So if they blow up, you get compensated with a new gun and your meds paid and maybe some pain & sufferng thrown in.)

Shoot factory ammo in your EDC. You may not want to shoot them gold plated thug-stopper hollow points all the time, but shoot something which is close in weight and powder charge for practice AND be sure to run a few rounds of your defense ammo through the weapon as well on occasion. Otherwise you don't know if the ammo will cycle/function the weapon and you don't know how it feels/recoils.

Reloads are fine for rifles (IMO), because they aren't as critical since rifles aren't usually used for CCW and a missfire usually can be worked with.

Hey there Chris... Congrats on qualifying!

I do believe that you caught the bug... Once you attend one professional training class, you all of a sudden find yourself wanting to go to more of them. The more you go to the better you become. Each class I attend I am amazed to how much new stuff I learn. Whether it's a new technique, or more problem solving skills, it's always worth the price of admission as far as I'm concerned. I have yet to spend money on a class I didn't feel was worth the money except for my mandatory ccw class which was pretty lame compared to what I had already known.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

on reloads, I have heard that SA is doing some clearance work on the barrels to make the XDm's feed reliably. my buddy was having some trouble with Fiochi feeding properly, and we compared bbls on my newly acquired xdm and noticed a difference in how the bbls were cut. did some more research and come to find out, people having feeding issues that were sending them in to SA, got them back with this extra machine work done.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob P. View Post
    For a handgun, NEVER NEVER NEVER use reloads. (In MY Opinion.)

Why?

Because reloads aren't what you are going to be defending yourself with. Because reloads aren't recommended by the manufacturer. Because reloads aren't reliable... (As a general rule most reloads work fine but occasionally they don't. And when they don't it's YOUR hand and YOUR gun which get blown up... Factory loads are warrantied by the factory. So if they blow up, you get compensated with a new gun and your meds paid and maybe some pain & sufferng thrown in.)

Shoot factory ammo in your EDC. You may not want to shoot them gold plated thug-stopper hollow points all the time, but shoot something which is close in weight and powder charge for practice AND be sure to run a few rounds of your defense ammo through the weapon as well on occasion. Otherwise you don't know if the ammo will cycle/function the weapon and you don't know how it feels/recoils.

Reloads are fine for rifles (IMO), because they aren't as critical since rifles aren't usually used for CCW and a missfire usually can be worked with.
    I've shot thousands of reloads thru my guns,my friends have shot tens of thousands of reloads thru their guns,I put more rounds thru my guns in a month than most shooters do in 2 years.I reload on top of the line equipment and have never had a problem.I can load to mimic my SD loads by chronographing the velocity.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Can't put a price on good training
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links