Today at Custom Cop Corporation

This is a discussion on Today at Custom Cop Corporation within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Today I went and took training at Custom Cop Corporation in Indianapolis, Indiana. The instructor Jim Heath was very patient and taught me so much ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Today at Custom Cop Corporation

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar

Today I went and took training at Custom Cop Corporation in Indianapolis, Indiana. The instructor Jim Heath was very patient and taught me so much more than I already knew. He also explained the difference between open and concealed carry. I also learned I could draw my weapon from an open carry holster very quickly. The only problem I had was my XDM would not chamber or cycle reloaded ammunition. That was something I was disappointed with and I may be contacting Springfield about this problem. Factory ammo feeds well though.

Oh and we shot at various points, the reaction shot from the hip, turning from the right, left, and 180 degrees and firing a double tap. Then we had to move and fire from behind cover strong and weak side. Then we did tactical reloads and long streams of fire. I qualified with a 43 out of 50 and was one of the two guards from our company that beat the qualifying score of 38 of 50, two of the guards did not qualify, one was close and most of his shots were inside the circle on our FBI q targets. but he had two many outside of the bottle and the other guy had 6 rounds of target and 12 rounds we could not locate on the target. Those guys have to go on probation where they can only work unarmed sites until qualification and they have 30 days to re qualify or they get fired.
    Last edited by SIXTO; July 19th, 2010 at 09:28 PM.
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

Congrats! on qualifying. The others can qualify if they practice.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Congrats on your efforts...could be a real life situation some day.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Thats why I enjoyed myself so much, I literally strutted the rest of the day just because I felt so confident in my new training. Now I just have to practice that often and continue improving myself. Plus now that I have qualified with my pistol there, I can shoot any handgun there for free.
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

Correctly reloaded ammunition should feed just as reliably as factory ammunition,sometimes the OAL may need adjusted if the OAL is too short it can cause feeding problems,or if case mouth was belled too wide and now the case won't feed
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Congrats !! Well done.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    It's the quality of reloads that causes problems, not the fact that it's a reload. Dimensions are dimensions, and if they're not met, issues occur.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Congrats!

I know nothing of Springfield's customer service but I predict the only thing they'll have to say about shooting reloads is that they don't recommend it at all.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

I looked at one of the casings at the range, and the mouth of the cases looked like they had not been tapered down correctly, i think the casing was getting caught on the mouth of the feed ramp and that caused it to not chamber correctly

Congrats Chris you may need to take the Wally World Walk again. You saw a big diffrence between real training and what your ccw class taught you.

Way to go Chris. I would like to take some of that training myself with you one of these days.

Sounds like you had a good time and you learned a lot. Give me a few weeks and we will get together.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Congrats!
    God Bless the troops...especially the snipers!
    -LaRue Tactical -

Everybody should take a combat pistol class. They're awesome.
    Exodus 22:2 "If a thief is caught breaking in and is struck so that he dies, the defender is not guilty of bloodshed"

Distinguished Member Array pinklady's Avatar
    Congrats..

Mike, I would be honored if you would join me training with Jim at Custom Cop, I plan on taking his shotgun course in September, PM me with what courses you would like to take and I will ask him about them and send u pricing when I talk to him on Friday, He can do most NRA classes offered including the instructor ratings and RSO ratings. He also offers a personal defense for the everyday citizen course that I was looking at taking as well, just because I feel like there is still something I could learn that I did not learn in our security weapons training course

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links