Suarez Kalashnikov Weekend October 29-31 Chattanooga Tn

This is a discussion on Suarez Kalashnikov Weekend October 29-31 Chattanooga Tn within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; KALASHNIKOV WEEKEND Oct 29-31 Three days and a night of thorough instruction in the AK platform. Friday Oct 29 - Kalashnikov Rifle Marksmanship -$200 http://www.suarezinternationalstore....tanoogatn.aspx ...

Thread: Suarez Kalashnikov Weekend October 29-31 Chattanooga Tn

KALASHNIKOV WEEKEND Oct 29-31

Three days and a night of thorough instruction in the AK platform.

Friday Oct 29 - Kalashnikov Rifle Marksmanship -$200
    http://www.suarezinternationalstore....tanoogatn.aspx

Friday Night Oct 29 - Kalashnikov Armorer-$100

Saturday Oct 30 -Sunday Oct 31- Kalashnikov Gunfighting-$400

Special Deals On Multiple Sessons.......

Kalashnikov Armorer and KRG - $475

Kalashnikov Marksmanship and Kalashnikov Gunfighting-$550

Rental guns are available!!!

Camping on site is available!!!
    Randy Harris
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor
    NRA Certified Instructor
    Master Class IDPA SSP

TRAIN with me....http://www.suarezinternationalstore....px?find=harris

Tell me more about the on-site camping.

Administrator

Thumbs up

Sound great.

This one is just around the corner!

This is an excellent opprtunity to get some of the best AK training available and the AK armorers class all in one weekend. Hope to see you there!
    Randy Harris
    NRA Certified Instructor
    Master Class IDPA SSP

Quick reminder, this one is just a couple of weeks out. You get the AK Marksmanship class, AK Armorer, and Kalashnikov Gunfighting classes all in a 3 day package.You can take all 3 or just the weekend or just Ak marksmanship or just the armorer or any combination of those. Discounts apply on multiple classes.

Hope to see you there!
    Randy Harris
    NRA Certified Instructor
    Master Class IDPA SSP

VIP Member
    I hate you..I hate you. I am stuck here but I will get those classes and more if I am ever home for more than a month at a time. Just ordered a bunch of Suarez DVD's should be here soon. Have a great time and make sure you post a good AAR with pics if you can.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

One week to go on this one! We still have room for a few more and on site camping is still available. Rental guns are available. Hope to see you there!
    Randy Harris
    NRA Certified Instructor
    Master Class IDPA SSP

VIP Member
    I just got all the DVD's in. Our range here is just about complete so hopefully will be able to get some good training in. Pics, Pics, and AAR. Will be there with you in spirit.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

Time to requisition $700, a new hip (old injury), a decent and reliable AK, and a plane ticket to Chattanooga. Sounds like there's no better way to spend Halloween than learning how to make the AK sing.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    Time to requisition $700, a new hip (old injury), a decent and reliable AK, and a plane ticket to Chattanooga. Sounds like there's no better way to spend Halloween than learning how to make the AK sing.
    Look forward to seeing you this weekend!
    Randy Harris
    NRA Certified Instructor
    Master Class IDPA SSP

VIP Member
    Ok lets go AAR, pics come on don't leave me hanging here how was it?

Quote Originally Posted by tacman605 View Post
    Ok lets go AAR, pics come on don't leave me hanging here how was it?
    Well, aparently no one here is posting ione so here are some reviews posted on another site....

AK weekend with Randy Harris
    Just got back to OHIO, after a great weekend of training in the warm weather. I attended the AK marksmanship, AK armorer, and AK rifle fighting. This was my thrid weekend of training with Randy this year, and i must say, I have learned a ton.

Friday morning we started with the marksmanship class. It was a great tune-up for the weekend. covered a lot of positional work, as well as how to pprreessss the trigger. We then moved on to flash sight picture, the "caveman Eotech", and a little taste of what was to come for the rest of the weekend.

Friday night we had the armorers class. the instructor for the class was Derek Underwood. To say he knows AK's would be a huge understatement. He explained the differences between all the various AK models, and variants. We then got into the disassembly, and reassembly. Derek was very patient and, took time to walk every one of us through it. If you have an interest in the AK, and want to fully understand how it works this class is what you need.

Saturday morning we started with a brief safety discussion, and then on to some dry work. We got a good explanation on how to move, why you should move, and why it could save you. "In a game of rock'em soc'em robots with guns, nobody wins" I thought that was a good analogy, so i figured i would throw it in.
    After lunch we moved to the range, and started with the noise making. We started by making sure everyone's rifles where sighted in. We then moved up, and started working on engaging targets, reloading, shoulder transfers, and figuring out how much of our sights we need to use to get hits in various situations, as well as working on "changing gears" between burst of fire to precise aimed shots.

Sunday morning started up where we had left off on Saturday night. We worked on shooting from various positions, and doing so from both shoulders. We also spent some time doing transitions to our sidearm.
    After lunch we worked on our movement. We then setup some "barriers", and incorporated what we had learned into shooting from behind them while trying not to present a target to the "enemy".

Overall the classes where a blast. Met some great guys, and learned a ton. I can't wait to get down for another one. Thanks again Randy.

And another........

This weekend was my first time training with Randy and my first AK class with SI. It was definitely worth the long drive to get some good training with some great guys. Also the generosity of the property owners hosting the class blew me away and I am very grateful. Thanks to Randy for two great classes.

By the way OH I never got around to letting you try out my aimpoint. Maybe next time, if you don't have your own by then that is.
    For anyone that wonders at close range the AK irons are fine, and for slow fire at longer range they are also fine, but for fast accurate shooting at medium to long ranges the dot is much easier to use.

And one more...............

Like Joe and Kevin already said, awesome class! This was my first SI class, and Randy didn't fail to impress.

I only attended the AK Rifle Gunfighting on Saturday and Sunday. In retrospect, I should have spent the extra money and taken the armorers class too, but oh well. We started on Saturday morning with a discussion of the AK platform. Randy passed around several examples of AK variants and features, explaining the advantages and disadvantages of features and accessories. It was very informative, and a great intro to many things commonly seen with regards to AKs. We moved on to running drills with our rifles dry, and working on getting off the X, transitions, sight pictures, caveman eotech, mag changes, and carrying and shooting positions. After lunch, we headed back to the range area and verified zeros on our rifles. We moved to applying the caveman eotech concept paired with getting off the X. We worked live mag changes and shoulder transfer drills, and Randy introduced transitioning to pistol at the end of the day.

We hit the ground running on Sunday by starting with getting off the X and pistol transitions. I can say that the 'John-Lennon-look-a-like-hippie-lady' target got her fair share of 7.62 and 9mm holes. We spent a lot of time working shots to the ocular band with both rifle and pistol. After lunch we moved back a bit and took some time practicing shooting from cover and different firing positions. The folding chair Randy put out for use as cover got dinged, but (thankfully for the shooters sake) it was only a flesh wound. We ended with the 'assault course' which required the shooter to move from 50-60 yards out to 5 yards and engage with a pistol from cover.

Total round count for the weekend was ~515, with 160 rounds fired on Saturday and the remainder on Sunday. This was my first chance to put my rifle (a Fuller-worked Arsenal 107) and mags (US Palm) through the ringer and see how they would perform. Both performed flawlessly; I couldnt be happier. My mini-Sneaky worked fairly well as a rifle bag, but I think I'd prefer the SB02 size since it includes an elastic dump pouch that is much more capable than the extra pocket on the mini. I might try and find a small molle dump pouch that wont detract from the sneakiness of the bag in the meantime.

I can honestly say that I could not have come up with a better way to spend a weekend. Thanks a lot to the Phillips family for letting me camp out on the property and giving us a place to learn and grow, and thanks a lot to Randy for coming out and teaching us to be dangerous!
    Randy Harris
    NRA Certified Instructor
    Master Class IDPA SSP

VIP Member
    Thanks for the post. Had read one of them on the other forum.

Been spending lots of time on the range with my East German.

Cool. MAybe you can make it down here in MArch when we run the AK and Advanced AK classes back to back.....
    Randy Harris
    NRA Certified Instructor
    Master Class IDPA SSP

Administrator
    "In a game of rock'em soc'em robots with guns, nobody wins."

Sponsored Links