Ok I found it.
How did the CAR system cause the weapon to malfunction? It did not hit his body in the low position and when he extended he was locked in.
1. You are not holding the weapon close enough to your face for the slide to hit you. If you are you are doing it wrong.Quote:
1. Get their teeth knocked out
2. Shoot their elbow off
3. Cause their gun to jam
4. Shoot their partner
5. Shoot a bystander
6. Get shot like Ronald Reagan did (under the arm pit), thus bypassing the vest
2. Your elbows are rotated back out of the way of the muzzle. If you are not moving them out of the way you are doing it wrong.
3. In every position the wrist is locked on the shooting hand and supported by the non dominant hand. How would this lead to a weapon malfunction any more than firing with one hand?
4 and 5 I will combine. What in the hell is your logic behind these statements? Your weapon is directed at an identified threat and you pull the trigger how would using this shooting method lead to shooting of your partner or innocent bystander more than any other If you cannot accurately fire and hit your intended target without shooting your partner or innocent bystander you don't need to be carry a damn gun in the first place.
6. Yep and you can also be shot in the head, femoral artery or even if facing full front a round can go just to the outer edge of body armor.
1 and 2 are training issues learn how the system works and do it correctly. Three makes no sense. Nothing indicates that this would cause a weapon malfunction over other shooting methods i.e. one hand, shooting from retention or doing a speed rock. Four and five are just plain asinine statements. Six could have merit if your vest did not have side protection but last I heard most CC'ers don't wear armor so I guess all shooting techniques including yours are useless.
In regards to your final comment your field of view or movement is no more decreased than using any other shooting stance. You scan, see a threat and orientate the weapon towards the target. You still have full rotation right and left just as you would using other shooting stances.
Depending on the location of the target the rotation and orientation of the weapon and your body would be quicker simply because the arms and weapon are already in a compressed allowing you to turn faster just as a figure skater brings their arms closer to their body to increase the speed of their spins.
I guess nothing is as good as your fastfiststressfire technique so go with what you know.