CAR Center Axis Relock - Page 3

CAR Center Axis Relock

This is a discussion on CAR Center Axis Relock within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ok I found it. How did the CAR system cause the weapon to malfunction? It did not hit his body in the low position and ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: CAR Center Axis Relock

VIP Member
    Ok I found it.

How did the CAR system cause the weapon to malfunction? It did not hit his body in the low position and when he extended he was locked in.

1. Get their teeth knocked out
    2. Shoot their elbow off
    3. Cause their gun to jam
    4. Shoot their partner
    5. Shoot a bystander
    6. Get shot like Ronald Reagan did (under the arm pit), thus bypassing the vest
    1. You are not holding the weapon close enough to your face for the slide to hit you. If you are you are doing it wrong.
    2. Your elbows are rotated back out of the way of the muzzle. If you are not moving them out of the way you are doing it wrong.
    3. In every position the wrist is locked on the shooting hand and supported by the non dominant hand. How would this lead to a weapon malfunction any more than firing with one hand?
    4 and 5 I will combine. What in the hell is your logic behind these statements? Your weapon is directed at an identified threat and you pull the trigger how would using this shooting method lead to shooting of your partner or innocent bystander more than any other If you cannot accurately fire and hit your intended target without shooting your partner or innocent bystander you don't need to be carry a damn gun in the first place.
    6. Yep and you can also be shot in the head, femoral artery or even if facing full front a round can go just to the outer edge of body armor.

1 and 2 are training issues learn how the system works and do it correctly. Three makes no sense. Nothing indicates that this would cause a weapon malfunction over other shooting methods i.e. one hand, shooting from retention or doing a speed rock. Four and five are just plain asinine statements. Six could have merit if your vest did not have side protection but last I heard most CC'ers don't wear armor so I guess all shooting techniques including yours are useless.

In regards to your final comment your field of view or movement is no more decreased than using any other shooting stance. You scan, see a threat and orientate the weapon towards the target. You still have full rotation right and left just as you would using other shooting stances.
    Depending on the location of the target the rotation and orientation of the weapon and your body would be quicker simply because the arms and weapon are already in a compressed allowing you to turn faster just as a figure skater brings their arms closer to their body to increase the speed of their spins.

I guess nothing is as good as your fastfiststressfire technique so go with what you know.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

OD*
    Quote Originally Posted by tacman605 View Post
    Ok I found it.

How did the CAR system cause the weapon to malfunction? It did not hit his body in the low position and when he extended he was locked in.
    It HAD to be the CAR system, every internet expert and their sister knows Glocks don't fail to feed all on their own.

(and before all the Glock fanatics start-in, I'm not a Glock hater, I've actually been carrying a G19 since April)
    tacman605 likes this.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow. End the cycle of hatred, donít give them a tomorrow."

AOK
    I have never been to an actual class that was focused on the CAR system. However, I did take a class that used this system in close quarters. What I didn't like about it...

1. As we know when fighting occurs in close quarters there is a legitimate chance there will be physical contact.
    Based on my experiences from KM and FOF blading your stance like that highly increases your chances to get your butt knocked to the ground. I prefer to stay on my feet.

2. Your left elbow is in a dangerous position if things become physical. It would be very easy to get your elbow pushed in front of your muzzle. In addition the way Mr. Castle demonstrates a shield/strike (can't remember his exact words) when in the retention position one could easily sweep their elbow and shoot.

3. Utilization of the off arm in a close quarter fight is very limited. He demonstrates using his left elbow (around the 2:45 mark). How well is that going to work when someone is coming at you with an impact or edged weapon? Based on my experiences I MUCH prefer to have my off hand available for fighting rather than throwing some unorthodoxed weak elbow.

Again, I've never take a class on this system. Maybe if I did my concerns would be addressed. However, based on my limited training on this subject manner it is not for me. To each his own.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links