CAR Center Axis Relock

CAR Center Axis Relock

This is a discussion on CAR Center Axis Relock within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ive been researching this a bit recently and it seems interesting, what are your thoughts? http://www.sabretactical.com/CAR/car.html These guys are crazy. http://www.sabretactical.com/index.html Watch the Video labeled ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: CAR Center Axis Relock

CAR Center Axis Relock

Ive been researching this a bit recently and it seems interesting, what are your thoughts?
    http://www.sabretactical.com/CAR/car.html
    These guys are crazy.

http://www.sabretactical.com/index.html
    Watch the Video labeled Demonstration of the CAR system.
    “What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us; what we have done for others and the world remains and is immortal.” Albert Pike

JD
    Administrator
    I think I have a severe distrust of anyone wearing urban camo.

Would have liked to see a demo video from the draw or a FoF version using this technique.

VIP Member
    No they are not crazy, the system works. I first took the C.A.R. system 25-30 years ago from it's founder Paul Castle himself. I have used it and taught it since that time along with other systems and techniques. It works and works well when you need to defend yourself or your weapon up close.
    To me no one shooting system works for all situations everytime. You take what you can from the training and add it to your tactical training box to use when needed. I will say for close to medium fighting distances with a firearm or not and for weapons retention it is hard to beat.
    I planned on going to a class or two with Sabre while home on leave but my leave got changed so I could not attend. You will not be disapointed if you ever go to a class.

JD from the draw you can easily go to the low or high ready quickly and engage if you need to with little effort. You can trust Paul urban camo or not some of the videos are older ones and that was the rave back then. Also go to youtube and enter Good Cops, Bad Cops and it shows a newer video of Paul teaching.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

I've been worled over by his local crew in force on force and in pistol drills.

It's good.

Quote Originally Posted by tacman605 View Post
    No they are not crazy, the system works. I first took the C.A.R. system 25-30 years ago from it's founder Paul Castle himself. I have used it and taught it since that time along with other systems and techniques. It works and works well when you need to defend yourself or your weapon up close.
    To me no one shooting system works for all situations everytime. You take what you can from the training and add it to your tactical training box to use when needed. I will say for close to medium fighting distances with a firearm or not and for weapons retention it is hard to beat.
    I planned on going to a class or two with Sabre while home on leave but my leave got changed so I could not attend. You will not be disapointed if you ever go to a class.

JD from the draw you can easily go to the low or high ready quickly and engage if you need to with little effort. You can trust Paul urban camo or not some of the videos are older ones and that was the rave back then. Also go to youtube and enter Good Cops, Bad Cops and it shows a newer video of Paul teaching.
    I'm glad to hear that a serviceman (Thank you, BTW) has had experience with the system... I have been seriously considering this course.

I am somewhat disappointed in the offering of the online course at a discount price for the benefit of "gamers" (apparently there is a video game which shows the hero using C.A.R. techniques)... But it can't be any worse than Piazza's faux pas, though the school itself is supposed to be good...
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Administrator
    Paul Castle has been around for a long time. There is some practical advantage to the bladed body position and some advantage to the system (in general) w/ close-in extreme stress fire.

Truthfully I don't think that CAR is a shooting system that the majority of average weekend shooters should attempt without professional, closely supervised instruction.
    Absolutely anybody that is going to try to self-teach CAR should do a ton of work with an AirSoft pistol prior to moving on to their carry firearm.
    You REALLY need to get it all 100% correct and ingrained with AirSoft first or seek professional guidance.
    Just my personal opinion on that.
    Also keep in mind that most gun ranges will not permit any CAR practice for some obvious reasons.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

VIP Member
    Okshooter you are right. If you do not know what you are doing you can injure yourself using the C.A.R. system. It is not for the faint of heart and you are right again many ranges may not allow the system to be used for whatever reasons.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

Paul replied to my email and I was quite surprised with the response, He was nice and explained that there was no instructers in my region but will be(not sure when), And invited me to one of his classes in Nashville, TN in November, 500$ for each person; I would really like to go to this but seeing I do not have that sort of money right now I will have to wait for another future chance. He did send me a manual on the class, if anyone is interested in his class PM me and I will email you the manual, I would post it on here but the file was to big.
    “What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us; what we have done for others and the world remains and is immortal.” Albert Pike

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    Also keep in mind that most gun ranges will not permit any CAR practice for some obvious reasons.
    You have got to be kidding?

Obviously the rapid fire stuff...but the ready position to to shooting drills? The difference between CAR and going from low ready to raise up for a shot it...what?

Administrator

VIP Member
    All would depend on the range. Some places if you do anything besides the standard stand there with arms extended firing slow fire you are called down for it. I would think as long as you are safe doing whatever more power to you, but alas I am not in charge.
    The video is good but it is either really cold there or they are shooting some nasty reloads but gotta love a Glock 18.

That wasn't a Glock 18...he was shooting that fast...

VIP Member
    I think you are right. It is not even a Glock do I see a hammer on that there gun? Wow need to watch closer next time

I am a Master CAR instructor. CAR is for people who understand that it is a fight, not just a gun fight. IMHO it cannot be effectively learned with vids or pics. I can give someone the jist in about an hour on the range.- George

guardmt - just want to let you know that I have taken three courses from Civilian Arms Training Source in southern California. Director Tim George and his instructors teach the Center Axis Relock. It is an awesome system and will get you to using both stong and weak sides equally well in little time. If you ever get a chance, I would highly recommend taking their course and the cost is ver reasonable.

Civilian Arms Training Source - Tactical Firearms Training

I am also a life member of Front Sight and can tell you that there are very few similarities between CAR and modified weaver. I like them both and they both have their places. Never hurts to have multiple tools available. Regarding CAR, the CATS guys speak very highly of the late great Paul Castle. I sure would like to have a PDF copy of that manual you mentioned if its not too much trouble. Thanks!
    Big Bear Joe

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links