Any good training to be had in Indiana?

This is a discussion on Any good training to be had in Indiana? within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just moved from Tennessee to Indiana a few months ago, (I know I know, why right? A job. And as soon as I find another ...

Thread: Any good training to be had in Indiana?

Just moved from Tennessee to Indiana a few months ago, (I know I know, why right? A job. And as soon as I find another one back in Tennessee we are the heck out of here!) and I am wondering if there are any good places for training in this flat and mostly empty sea of corn they call a state?

Anyone know of anything?
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    Jim Heath at Custom Cop Corperation runs a great training facility, once you pass his test for your weapon, if u take the pistol course, u can shoot pistols free on his range, only downside is if you want to shoot rifle and shotgun also he requires u take the courses for those as well, cost is usually around 120 dollars
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

Suarez International has a couple of upcoming courses in Indiana. Michael Swisher, Roger Phillips, John McCreery and John Bailey are all doing classes in Rochester, Indiana and Rick Klopp has a three courses coming up in Petersburg, Indiana.
    Chris Upchurch - Suarez International Staff Instructor
    Upcoming SI Classes in South Carolina:
    Close Range Gunfighting - March 17-18
    Zero to Five Feet Gunfighting - April 14-15

Senior Member Array Sweatnbullets's Avatar
    May 7-8, 2011
    POINT SHOOTING PROGRESSIONS
    Rochester, Indiana
    Instructor: Roger Phillips

Experience has proven beyond any argument that the traditional shooting range methods are simply not suitable for reactive gunfighting. In this course you will learn the "Fight Continuum" detailing exactly when point shooting is suitable, how far to extend the pistol to the threat, the various visual indexes, the combat draw and other life saving skills that will have you shooting at speeds previously considered impossible. This material is comprised from material from virtually every threat focused shooting system in existence and refined to fit into a simple progression of instruction. This course distills it all into one well thought out and extremely applicable system that dovetails neatly into the regular Close Range Gunfighting matrix, presenting the full aspect of the integration of sighted and unsighted fire at CQB distances.

We must point out that THIS COURSE IS NOT FOR THE NOVICE SHOOTER. If you have not received basic instruction, or have a question about your skill level, please call us first.

DURATION: 2 days
    PREREQUISITES: NONE
    AMMUNITION: Approximately 700 rounds (Minimum); Bring more if you want to shoot more
    YOU NEED TO BRING: Spare clothing appropriate to the weather, lunch/snacks and water (minimum of 1 gallon per person) for the entire day, baseball or other style hat, sun screen, bug repellent, allergy medication (if needed), chair (if you have a problem with sitting on the ground, note taking paper/pen/pencil and a boo boo kit (band aids, gauze pads, antiseptic wipes, antibiotic ointment and tape)
    REQUIREMENTS: Pistol, Carry Holster, 3 Magazines and Magazine pouch and Range Safety Gear

http://www.suarezinternationalstore....chesterin.aspx

It's a bit of a drive depending on where you are in Indiana, but everything I have heard about TDI in Southern Ohio has been good: http://www.tdiohio.com/ They are the ones behind the Ka-bar TDI knife too.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    whats the cost for the training on May 7-8
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

Here's another place to check out:

http://www.sandburrgunranch.com/public/default.aspx

Biker

Ex Member
    Good info guys. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post
    Just moved from Tennessee to Indiana a few months ago, (I know I know, why right? A job. And as soon as I find another one back in Tennessee we are the heck out of here!) and I am wondering if there are any good places for training in this flat and mostly empty sea of corn they call a state?

Anyone know of anything?
    Ya, Tennessee is a great state, we visit every year at least once. To Blackeagle's response, I am Michael Swisher, one of the Suarez Instructor's. We have training scheduled in both the North and Southern parts of Indiana. Not sure what is best for you. There is still some to be had this year and a lot is going up for next year also. Chris' link shows what we have so far more will be added.http://www.suarezinternationalstore....anufacturer=38 If you have any specific questions feel free to pm me.

Quote Originally Posted by INccwchris View Post
    whats the cost for the training on May 7-8
    That is going to be some great training, I will be hosting Roger for this class in Rochester. It is actually on sale right now, I think until Sept. 15th. This link will take you directly to price and description. http://www.suarezinternationalstore....chesterin.aspx

Thanks guys! Some great info.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Two Suarez International classes coming to Petersburg, IN (near Evansville). The first is a Glock Armorer's class on Friday evening, June 10th and the second is the Close Range Gunfighting class on Sat/Sun June 11th and 12th. Here's the links for both classes.

June 10, 2011 - Glock Armorer - Petersburg, IN

June 11-12, 2011 - Close Range Gunfighting - Petersburg, IN

Looking forward to meeting some new guys and having a weekend filled with reality-based combat-proven training.

Sponsored Links