FPF Training in Culpepper VA?

This is a discussion on FPF Training in Culpepper VA? within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Anyone know anything about FPF Training out of Culpepper VA? Reviews - Good/Bad/Otherwise? http://www.fpftraining.com/index.html...

Thread: FPF Training in Culpepper VA?

FPF Training in Culpepper VA?

Anyone know anything about FPF Training out of Culpepper VA? Reviews - Good/Bad/Otherwise?
    http://www.fpftraining.com/index.html
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

2. Remove Ads

JD
    Administrator
    I'll be taking a class this weekend in Culpepper (different outfit) and will ask around.

Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    I'll be taking a class this weekend in Culpepper (different outfit) and will ask around.
    That was fast. Thanks.

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

JD
    Administrator

I cannot speak of the classes mentioned....but I can speak of Culpeper, Va. I lived there for the past 5 yrs before moving to Tn. It's a cesspool. If have to visit...in and out. DO NOT go to Buffalo Wild Wings. Nothing but trash and violence there. There have been shootings in the parking lot....and even a guy ran over during a fight.

If you are looking for a place to eat while there...Glory Days. If you go there..pm me.

I left NJ/NY for a quieter life and landed in Culpeper. Or as the homies call it...Cpep. Man, am I glad to be rid of that town and the commonwealth of Va and their backward laws. Culpeper has a foul language law that they actually enforce. Should you curse me out and I call the PD, they will arrest and charge you. I learned the hard way the first month I was there and was charged with a misdemeanor.

Just a heads up to anyone unfortunate enough to spend any time in " da Pep" (English translation = Culpeper)

Quote Originally Posted by EB31 View Post
    I cannot speak of the classes mentioned....but I can speak of Culpeper, Va. I lived there for the past 5 yrs before moving to Tn. It's a cesspool. If have to visit...in and out. DO NOT go to Buffalo Wild Wings. Nothing but trash and violence there. There have been shootings in the parking lot....and even a guy ran over during a fight.

If you are looking for a place to eat while there...Glory Days. If you go there..pm me.

I left NJ/NY for a quieter life and landed in Culpeper. Or as the homies call it...Cpep. Man, am I glad to be rid of that town and the commonwealth of Va and their backward laws. Culpeper has a foul language law that they actually enforce. Should you curse me out and I call the PD, they will arrest and charge you. I learned the hard way the first month I was there and was charged with a misdemeanor.

Just a heads up to anyone unfortunate enough to spend any time in " da Pep" (English translation = Culpeper)
    Wow...real thread drift, but where in the hedoublehockeysticks in NY did you come from? I can't believe it was the city if you think Culpeper is all that bad. Heck according to city-data the crime rate is WELL below the US average. Not to mention it's only like 14000 residents. Culpeper is quite tame by any comparison(this from someone who grew up in South Baltimore and now lives in Northern VA).

Back to the issue at hand...I really don't care about the location. I was looking for input on the training facility/staff as I have a friend that lives in the area that had asked about the place.

-The Mist (2007)

Just giving you a heads up on the area is all.

Take care.

Back to the issue at hand...I really don't care about the location. I was looking for input on the training facility/staff as I have a friend that lives in the area that had asked about the place.
    If you Google it a few things come up. You could also call Clark Bros, they may know of a few places.

I'm surprised to hear your say this. Most people I know who have moved to Culpepper refer to it as a "hayseed hick town".

And yes, Glory Days is a good place to eat. :They have good hamburgers.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Thumbs up Highly Recommend!

I have been taking John Murphy's FPF Training courses for 5 years now and I always encourage people to take his courses. He is very clear in his classes about what he is going to teach and what you need to know. On the range he spends so much time going over every detail of self defense shooting- styles, ways, even handicaps (my favorite is reloading one handed.)

If you get the chance, take his class. I loved every moment I spent with him. I continue to use his training when it comes to my defense.

Links